Bang for the buck?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bang for the buck?

I'm going to get a new pc by the end of this month for a max of $525 without peripherals and HDD (which i already own), do you think it's worth the money?

MOB: MSI 970A-G43 AM3+ ATX - $75

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Black edition @ 3,5GHz - 8MB L3 (Octa-Core) - $160

RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX FURY 4GB DDR3 64-Bit (1600MHz) - $80 (Both)

GPU: MSI Radeon R7 250X 2GB DDR5 - $110

PSU: Cooler Master 600W - $60

Cheap Case ATX - $25

For the same price of $160 for the AMD FX-8320 CPU i can get a AMD A10-7850 (APU), meaning i could leave out the external graphics card and go with it's onboard R7 and save $110 from the 250x.

I'm not planning for a gaming setup, just some casual gaming, some mediacenter stuff and electronic music production (ProTools/FL and some heavy CPU/RAM intensive VST's) - a decent soundcard is for a future upgrade. (Oh and maybe partly hackintosh because i like Pro Logic X)
    Last edited by Complete; 05-18-2015 at 11:11 AM.
    RoC^Nycro (TiG) - LaG|Complete - NLA*Dipset` (NW/IG)
    http://www.prounreal.org
    ut-stats: http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=pinfo&pid=28661

If you need the 8 CPU threads then go for it.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

not sure on the ram but here i can buy 8GB of ddr3 for 50$ could be different where you live though. Videocard could be a little better CPU is ok. rest seems fine

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    If you need the 8 CPU threads then go for it.
    Not really, but seeing others in same price range (4core), the 8 cores is future proof.
    Some benchmark sites (idr which ones) claim the FX outperforms the A10-7830K and that cpu is like 10 bucks more expensive than the FX-8320 so i think i go for that one, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    not sure on the ram but here i can buy 8GB of ddr3 for 50$...
    Okay good for you! I cannot find any 4GB bank for under 35 Euro, and the price range goes up to 80 bucks.
    The other ones also didn't have these fancy names like 'HyperX" or a coolingcase for that matter. And by comparing specs i'd go for the HyperX since it has a coolingcase .

I have seen many graphic intensive games like BF3/4, Crysis2 etc etc, run at High settings with a old Radeon 2GB HD4870-X2, more to test how far i can go grpahic-wise than actually playing any of those games (i5-2300, 6GB, system sold last week!), so i guess the r250X in combi with FX-8320 will do fine.
    I'm hooking it up on a Samsung 48" UltraHD Curved TV, but i definately do not expect much of less anything regarding high game resolutions (IF i wanted to play a game, that is). It will do great as a XMBC/Kodi mediacenter though!

I'm just spinning my head whether to go for the A10-7830 APU and save 110 bucks since i do not need a external graphics card for that cpu.. argggg the horror!!! Maybe i'll just go for a potato and hope for it
    Last edited by Complete; 05-18-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

You should check the CPU benchmarks, my dad has an 8 core amd CPU, and its ranked a lot lower than my i5 4440 quad core.

was trying to help you out thats why I said could be different where you live. You dont need a cool heat sink on your RAM unless your going to overclock your stuff.

a ati 4870-x2 is basicly 2 videocards in one and those card don't always work in every game it'll only run one card at a time.

for comparing videocards or cpus finding benchmark tests
    GPUBoss CPUBoss

end of the day that system is fine for what you need
    Last edited by UNrealshots; 05-18-2015 at 02:02 PM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    You should check the CPU benchmarks, my dad has an 8 core amd CPU, and its ranked a lot lower than my i5 4440 quad core.
    Of course it does, your i5 is in a much higher price range and segment, and the architecture is different.
    The one i listed is just a basic octa-core cpu from AMD (Second to lowest if im not mistaken), but than again i don't know what your farthers cpu series is. I just want to keep it around $150 and the FX seems to suit best.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    was trying to help you out thats why I said could be different where you live. You dont need a cool heat sink on your RAM unless your going to overclock your stuff.

a ati 4870-x2 is basicly 2 videocards in one and those card don't always work in every game it'll only run one card at a time.

for comparing videocards or cpus finding benchmark tests
    GPUBoss CPUBoss

end of the day that system is fine for what you need
    Noted!

I guess this will do than, i'll be purchasing the components next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Complete View Post
    The one i listed is just a basic octa-core cpu from AMD (Second to lowest if im not mistaken), but than again i don't know what your farthers cpu series is. I just want to keep it around $150 and the FX seems to suit best.
    It's not a top end one, it's probably the same one, it runs games pretty decently though.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    It's not a top end one, it's probably the same one, it runs games pretty decently though.
    Roger that! I ussualy prefer Intel over AMD but i'll give it a shot.
    Can't be worse than my old i5-2300k (which was super fast in my experience).
    Last edited by Complete; 05-18-2015 at 03:44 PM.

I'd rather go for an i5 4590 than 8320 because intel cpus always give me the best benchmarks

justmy2cents

Thread Information