Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moo

4 9.30%
  • Fuck Yes!

10 23.26%
  • Needs Moar Niven

9 20.93%
  • If this map gets added, I swear I'll uninstall UT.

20 46.51%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Niven[4]

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+]AdRiaN View Post
    The doors is the reason of all spam of this map... you know
    many players dont attack, or leave the base, they keep all time shoting the door for hinder the entry of the enemy

niven is a CTF map, not siege... and many changes are needed for make this a good siege map
    What adrian said! Exactly as it is.

many players dont attack, or leave the base, they keep all time shoting the door for hinder the entry of the enemy

niven is a CTF map, not siege... and many changes are needed for make this a good siege map
    The players who shoot the door to prevent the enemy coming in are called 'DEFENDERS'.

Successful teams are comprised of Offense AND Defense.

Yesterday I was on Green and we were fighting Red.
    Green Core was almost dead.
    Red had Conts and SP's built outside our door.
    Red at one point had Tele and SP INSIDE our door!

Most players would have given up. Right?

BUT I kept 'defending' the door with Blades.
    Because of my defense, Red couldn't get past the first bend.
    My 'Defense' (spam) earned enough RU to build 2 Nukes.
    With those nukes I destroyed Red's base outside our door.
    Because of my 'Defense', Green went on to win!

While i was defending the door, I had one clueless teammate (CODTerminator) who was team boosting me (for 5-10 minutes) trying to get me to leave the base.

He is SO dumb he didn't realize my defense was saving our base from this invasion.

He is SO dumb he probably doesn't realize that DEFENDING THE DOOR saved us from certain destruction.

So basically. If you think Offense is the only strategy, you are very wrong.

There SHOULD be defenders keeping the enemy out on ANY map. This isn't a game of cooperation between teams.

NIVEN NOT SIEGE?
    The original CTF-Niven is 'Siege' when its 2 teams, why is it not Siege when it's 4 teams?

If you feel Niven must be edited to play better, feel free to spend your own time correct these egregious errors.
    Last edited by (bO.o)b; 03-14-2014 at 02:49 PM.
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

server is full of noobs and they are afraid of real siege maps. I remember how he used to be a lot more better players but obviously that here nobody cares about it. the question is what is the real reason why people are leaving. I still think that if you want to keep people or attract more people you have to improve the game with the regular addition of new items and maps as all other games. all I see here is that things are deleted and fewer maps are played. Niven, clarion, bathrooms. I'm sorry that this mode is in the wrong hands and I'm sure most here understands me

The server isnt full of noobs. It's full of One-Trick-Ponies who dont have strategies for any maps other than Niven, Bathrooms or Clarion.

Last edited by (bO.o)b; 03-14-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: ponies are gay
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

How come shark tank isn't added?

Quote Originally Posted by (bO.o)b View Post
    The players who shoot the door to prevent the enemy coming in are called 'DEFENDERS'.

TL;DR
    Because of my 'Defense', Green went on to win!

While i was defending the door, I had one clueless teammate (CODTerminator) who was team boosting me (for 5-10 minutes) trying to get me to leave the base.

He is SO dumb he didn't realize my defense was saving our base from this invasion.

He is SO dumb he probably doesn't realize that DEFENDING THE DOOR saved us from certain destruction.

So basically. If you think Offense is the only strategy, you are very wrong.

There SHOULD be defenders keeping the enemy out on ANY map. This isn't a game of cooperation between teams.

NIVEN NOT SIEGE?
    The original CTF-Niven is 'Siege' when its 2 teams, why is it not Siege when it's 4 teams?

If you feel Niven must be edited to play better, feel free to spend your own time correct these egregious errors.
    If not me YOU DUMBFUCK we would lost that map. Your RIPPER SPAM brought nothing, but my teleports, rockets cannons on core and nuking is what brought us victory(with certain players contributed nuking or even sharing some). U have no guts to try yourself in offence because ofcourse, spamming is lot more easier and lot greater chance to succeed(and beside that lack of skill). U were CAMPING, u weren't defending. Such thing is called camping! Example of who was defending there was @utbusta !

Beside, ADRIAN pointed it right, niven is made mainly for CTF, it is not siege map. 4 way siege is nothing more but adding 2 more teams in a CTF map(there used to be 4CTF mods too)
    Last edited by terminator; 03-14-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll@ View Post
    server is full of noobs and they are afraid of real siege maps. I remember how he used to be a lot more better players but obviously that here nobody cares about it. the question is what is the real reason why people are leaving. I still think that if you want to keep people or attract more people you have to improve the game with the regular addition of new items and maps as all other games. all I see here is that things are deleted and fewer maps are played. Niven, clarion, bathrooms. I'm sorry that this mode is in the wrong hands and I'm sure most here understands me

This argument is really just weak. Ictf is a perfect way to counter your argument since this mod hasn't changed at all except with the change of zp to newnet, but it was a south transition unlike siege where it was dramatically and overpowered. If you want to choose new maps then i suggest removing duplicates and actually make new games or sieged current ctf maps. The reason people might be leaving is maybe they are getting old or the economy is hurting them and need to work more. Jeez Christ life is more important than UT, it happens to all games.

Btw Niven was meant for CTF, well most of the siege maps (like 90%) were made specifically made for CTF. That's why you see CTF in front of the map name.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

He is saying niven is a strategy map... yes it is. but all noobs can make good defenses, and strategic def players can easily make a niven game NEVER END

if me play on def, i have sure my core will never die, its is a EXTREME EASY MAP FOR DEFEND

the problem is, 5% of players really know attack on niven... while 100% of players (EVEN CHIMP, IM LYING?) know defend... of course, its not needed any intelligence or skill for defend on niven

He is saying niven is a strategy map... yes it is. but all noobs can make good defenses, and strategic def players can easily make a niven game NEVER END

if me play on def, i have sure my core will never die, its is a EXTREME EASY MAP FOR DEFEND

the problem is, 5% of players really know attack on niven... while 100% of players (EVEN CHIMP, IM LYING?) know defend... of course, its not needed any intelligence or skill for defend on niven
    Well said! It's funny to see when one team starts losing, the automatically CLOSE themselves INTO that, making more and more fortifications inside, instead trying to find the way out.
    And the guy who is assing himself up for ripper spam as the key of the victory on niven claiming he was the reason why team won... he is the last one to use his brain to think how to leave the base or how to surprise enemy team.
    If i was just as you, spamming ripper, we would stay inside the base for another 3 hours...what's the point making the NIVEN last longer and longer until we finally get defeated? explain pls!
    P.S Niven is the only map where you can actually achieve sth...not by skills, but by pure spamming luck

I've lost Niven games after having a fully built Fan station outside of the enemy gate, all it takes is 10 ppl on your team disregarding the offensive buildings and letting them die without doing anything.
    Now you wonder, why build the fan then?

Simple, it's a high winrate tactic with a fatal weakness:
    It takes a SC forward into the enemy side, if said SC dies, there's a 10 minute window where your base has no defenses.
    This means that if your team is really shit, you will lose the fan, then the gate and the game will end quickly to the enjoyment of everyone.

Yep, I'd rather lose trying to pull epic wins instead or rage-quitting... hello C.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information