User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Secondary fire

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    noobs complaining cuz they cant spam anymore... learn to aim now
    You can fire only a SINGLE shock ball. How is that spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by OuTlaW View Post
    unless you spend your time calculating and predicting the player's movement in the game to kill him with a shock ball or a grapple hook
    My point exactly!

noobs complaining cuz they cant spam anymore... learn to aim now
    The benefits of secondary is huge when you run O as often as I do. People who camp in 1 spot going for efficiency, then this new mod helps them camp further. There's already so many insta servers out there, why convert to another one?

But the biggest complaint like I had before is when you go to combo someone, and they run into the shock ball at the same time you go to explode it, it creates a barrier wall for that guy and they end up not dying, leaving you open for an easy kill. Very frustrating. I think the best way to correct this and make everyone happy is make the shock ball do the same damage as it would in weapons (-60 per hit). This way you wouldn't die from spamming balls instantly but you also wouldn't be screwed by someone running into it, thus creating a barrier.

in combo people are too busy spamming shock balls hoping for kills instead of trying to aim that's my point

in combo people are too busy spamming shock balls hoping for kills instead of trying to aim that's my point
    There's spam in any mod really. In weapons, you have the people who just load up on rockets. In insta, you have the people who sit in 1 spot and once you turn the corner, bam, they hit you with an easy shot. You can't make everyone happy....I just feel like if people want insta, then go to the 1000 insta servers out there. There's no point in combo in this mod because it actually hurts you by going for it with that barrier I mentioned above.

thats why i completely gave up on combo... so i think its a good thing sam fixed it

You can fire multiple alt now which means it allows for more skillful comboing and also the ability to fire some decoys. When the Alt hits a player you can still primary fire the person. So if the Alt is hitting the player and you're just about to combo anyway, you would still get the kill unless your aim was off?

Allowing the Alt to do dmg makes it more spammy. It covers a bigger radius then primary which means you could cover the whole map and spawns with Alt. We could go with limiting to one only but the idea behind this version is to make combo server more skillful. Because good comboing is hard to master.

just a friendly reminder that we are talking about ctf, so is not only about aim, but going for the flag, covering, etc aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

so?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    You can fire multiple alt now which means it allows for more skillful comboing and also the ability to fire some decoys. When the Alt hits a player you can still primary fire the person. So if the Alt is hitting the player and you're just about to combo anyway, you would still get the kill unless your aim was off?

Allowing the Alt to do dmg makes it more spammy. It covers a bigger radius then primary which means you could cover the whole map and spawns with Alt. We could go with limiting to one only but the idea behind this version is to make combo server more skillful. Because good comboing is hard to master.
    It's not that aim was off...at first you might think that but usually when primary hits directly into the guys chest over and over again without a kill, it leads you to believe a barrier is created from the shock ball. But maybe that's just me? I also seem to be the only one who has an issue on Woot where people are invisible.

I like that shock balls do no damage now... the only problem is that now its become a viable strategy to run into people who are intending to combo you just to make their ball go away... which is kind of a crappy side effect. if it's going to do no damage then maybe make it so shock balls don't collide with players?

Thread Information