!Teams - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: !Teams

@TimTim
    I've thought about an interesting way to operate the balancer.
    Do the initial stuff as always, but players can only switch on demand, meaning that if player(s) on blue type !r, they go into switch queue.
    When an even occurs that favours player switch, said player will be moved.
    Said event could be triggered by:
    - Players leaving.
    - Players in other teams putting themselves in switch queue and finding appropiate switches.
    - Players joining (and being brought into your team).

This approach is kind of incompatible with !t (unless players with less than 1 minute in game aren't counted as 'stable' and get switched anyways), and makes players on both teams responsible of helping the balancer without abusing it, as said events would always be triggered if the future balance is better than the current one.

The CMV framework can be easily updated to do this considering how it already uses a profile system.
    This queue mode would eliminate the need of actually having to create moderator commands, giving players more (and fair) control over the balancer.
    Doing for example !b (with you being blue) would remove you from the switch queue.

==/
    Another idea I had in mind was map based profiling, making player ratins a bit more accurate on certain scenarios.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Confirmed, banned until 22nd August.

OverTime was the same person as EbayUSer
    I saw them both at same time as Specs.

About the Auto Team Switch.. why not simply turn it off? It doesn't work to be honest and even like already said trying to manually even teams by switching we get switched back, I kinda stopped trying to switch because 90% of the time I get switched back unless someone switch's as well to the other team, which rarely happens.

Its impossible to have always balanced teams, it happens but its rare so as soon as a team starts loosing someone will type !teams and are more worried about trying to make players switch than pay attention to the game and prevent loosing by more, when they can manage to make some players switch and then balance the game for a few minutes as soon as they start loosing again its the !teams crap all over... or the now weaker team has players typing !teams all the time... this simply ruins the game flow and makes playing not fun at all. If its a game for not having fun why play it?

I keep saying WHO CARES if you loose 20-0 in an online pub game? Get over it, cant win? Practice your tactics, see how your strong opponents move and play and learn from them instead of waisting time trying to force people to switch if they dont want to.

@TimTim You could add a check to see if the teams would be over 60 diff when a player tries to help, and ignore the change if its greater than or equal to the limit with the same amount of players on each team.

Glad this issue is going to be resolved soon if not already. I did play last night and didn't notice any excessive team switching which is good.

A few days ago, the server kept switching me over multiple times in the same game. There was one game where I had the flag and was literally one step away from capping when it switched me over lol.

Maybe include in the algorithm to not switch a player while he's flag running? i dunno just my .02

Thanks!
    Last edited by MeanJim; 07-23-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Not sure balancer seems to be kinda strange its been worse than ever my past couple games.... doing !teams does nothing nobody moves nobody changes...

http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=match&mid=89618

cookies we're something like 487 to 340-380ish ? next couple games we're like that some evened out but the ones that were not evened out have been not as bad as it use to be.
    Last edited by UNrealshots; 07-23-2015 at 10:24 PM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

atta boy m8!! B-Legit is in da house!

btw, why you gotta decline my friend request on steam I'm part of the fam me you 45, WeeDMaN, AK, and sojin are brothers from the hills we go waaaay back, we be sipping on that moonshine together, like real bosses. All them other country boys scared of this crew bro they used to call us the Hustlers. Gotta introduce you to mah new boy his name is Bill Biester met him in Tennesssee he's a part of the crew also. Give a shout out to ampenergy aka bizzsnitch always remember to never neglect your parents bro, check up on them. Anyways, Hop on ts sometime you know where its at!
    Last edited by Deepack123; 07-24-2015 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    Not sure balancer seems to be kinda strange its been worse than ever my past couple games.... doing !teams does nothing nobody moves nobody changes...
    That's because I put the original balancer back on without telling anyone. I wanted to see if people would notice. Your post actually serves as proof that the original balancer is worse than my modified balancer, because there's actually been a slightly modified balancer on servers for months prior to the significant changes I made last week (which led to people being switched a lot). I also of course didn't tell anyone about the slightly modified version that's been on servers for months, so it's interesting to see comments now that the original one is on.

Now what I'll probably do is tell people I put a new balancer on there without actually changing anything. Let's see who claims something is different this time lol.

On a related note, for the past 10 NewNet version bumps (at least), there have actually been absolutely no gameplay changes whatsoever. And yet, every time, some idiot says something like, "Wow this NewNet version is so much worse than the last one." Haha... Fucking placebo effect. It certainly gives me a good laugh.

--- Updated ---

I'm reminded of a funny story back when I was working on NewNet weapons, and a certain well-known manipulative troll demanded that I make some changes. So all I did was change the version number and leave everything exactly the same. He played a pug or two with it and then said to me on TeamSpeak, "The changes you made are perfect!" I then told him I didn't actually change anything to see what he would say. All I got in response was, "WOW FUCK YOU!" and he rage quit TS immediately. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepack123 View Post
    atta boy m8!! B-Legit is in da house!

btw, why you gotta decline my friend request on steam I'm part of the fam me you 45, WeeDMaN, AK, and sojin are brothers from the hills we go waaaay back, we be sipping on that moonshine together, like real bosses. All them other country boys scared of this crew bro they used to call us the Hustlers. Gotta introduce you to mah new boy his name is Bill Biester met him in Tennesssee he's a part of the crew also. Give a shout out to ampenergy aka bizzsnitch always remember to never neglect your parents bro, check up on them. Anyways, Hop on ts sometime you know where its at!
    I love popcorn
    Last edited by |uK|fleecey; 07-24-2015 at 07:22 AM.

hahaha TY fleecey I appreciate that ^ even though you said some personal things to me on ts that I will never forget lol jk. I see people looking out for me as always my brothers and sisters.

ps, fuck off Princess get off my dick you queer
    Last edited by Deepack123; 07-24-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Good one, but unfortunately you don't have a dick, But its okay to dream big, i admire your confidence.

Thread Information