SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 21

User Tag List

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    we already say things in the game
    Thank You for a quick response.

You are right, we already have chat and teamspeak.
    But these means are not persistent and not location-specific (as for me at Pub),
    so vital messages aren't often noticed (while aiming) or are misunderstood (due to a lack of location info).

The demo shows only an example of a multifunctional command.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't show that
    :: TeamTag is an instant map-location-specific interactable team-message.
    It collides nothing and is fully transparent even for aim identification.
    It exists only for the team - like an Augmented Reality Tag on the game field
    It might be a base for new controls, like this:
    I think the building tag might be fitting if it can load on a certain map showing the base layout maybe or so...

This version feels very "raw".

I can't report on any reproducible bugs but there are some very annoying things happening:

* warping (players and other entities)
    * constructor skipping (from repair to remove, luckily I never removed anything of value)
    * yesterday we got "stuck" in the sup while doing Aleria and Bathrooms (weird rubberband effect)
    * I also got stuck in other buildings, even mines and containers
    * there was something weird with the map teleporters in Bathrooms (the one with the curtain I think)
    * sometimes getting mid items doesn't work (walking over them does nothing, related to ping/latency?)

Other players complained about these things in-game as well. A server restart fixed getting stuck in the sup and the teleporter thing so maybe it's not even Siege?!

Damn, you should've released the source codes a few years earlier, guys.

The bright side: Rockets seem to be working better now. (I reported on the disappearing of rockets several times, others too.)

What would releasing source code earlier have done?

The getting stuck on mines is the new bear trap.

I want a build that will hold weapons when none of us can for a certain amount of time to use it later. Weapon holder, to hold mid weapon and other except any nw weapons. Ape cannon, green gun, blue gun, insta, etc. best for storing this in nuke room so the weapon holder won't die.

Build something... spawn point disabler. Only available for your own team to get rid of the spawn point you don't want to use (bottom of stairs? Anyone? Bluevember?) or something like that. lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

On the topic of Rocket Cannon's .. why do they not take any splash damage? Say from other rocket cannon's from the same player or from them selves; say from multiple builds close together.

If they took damage like that .. wouldn't clustering rocket cannon's on the core be more difficult and reduce the Rocket Cannon Spamming?

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    I want a build that will hold weapons when none of us can for a certain amount of time to use it later. Weapon holder, to hold mid weapon and other except any nw weapons. Ape cannon, green gun, blue gun, insta, etc. best for storing this in nuke room so the weapon holder won't die.

Build something... spawn point disabler. Only available for your own team to get rid of the spawn point you don't want to use (bottom of stairs? Anyone? Bluevember?) or something like that. lol.
    just ask killer_speed to join your team he will endeavour to keep weapons safe

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    Good one.
    BTW Killer_Speed's uselessness levels have gone from 9/10 (mid hogger) to 6/10, he's 100% incapable of sticking to a team plan, becoming a potential 1300 RU waste early on and shaping the game to last indefinetely when you NEED an early win/advantage against a stacked team. Not even speaking in spanish works.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    Lmao but you know he not always on my team or whatever.

"Public." xD

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Ladies and Gentlemen, time for another feedback collection!

Bugs:
    - SPs still fire at where a player's corpse is when they're teamswitched.
    - Teamswitch still happily kills you and switches you when carrying a buttload worth of RU in items since it goes off of most recently connected.
    - Teamswitch sometimes kills you even without switching you because NexGen hasn't yet registered a player that's connecting to the server. (I don't know the code, but that seems to be what's happening.)
    - Switching the constructor mode can be very jittery compared to before.
    - I don't understand how this one works and it could be an edge case, so I'll just explain how to duplicate it: Press a button with both a setmode and getweapon sgConstructor, then switch to another weapon and immediately hold down right click during the switching (like you're preparing to build bio bombs while prepping your biorifle, or deciding better of using your constructor). Your biorifle will be out, but your constructor will continue to click and switch modes, effectively ruining your stealth.
    - Initial, invincible suppliers still spawn at 99.9% health.
    - Anonymous, orphaned suppliers and teleporters may still not be removable even when the correct circumstances apply (no exit teleport, super supplier has been upgraded to full).
    - Mines still build through walls. I understand that anything besides teleporters are now considered illegal, so this should be patched as it has been very recently abused.
    - Shieldbelt and invis are not visible to my renderer, but are apparently visible to those using software rendering. It should be visible to all or visible to none.

Mechanics:
    - Dampeners are fairly useless, even though they're cheap.

Suggestions:
    - Improvements for the dampener might include muting the feign death noise, softening projectile impact noises, softening item pickup noises (particularly invisibility), softening ALL weapons at ALL times and not only a few, softening footfalls, and suppressing muzzle flashes/dynamic lighting. The effective time should be displayed, and be changed based on how the player upgrades the dampener.
    - Add spotlight or flashlight to items.
    - Item protection for connection failures, ace timeouts, or failed team switches as described in the Bugs section.
    - A sort-of-slow "drag" or "move" option that lets you move useful buildings without removing them. Moving buildings would drain RU proportional to the cost of the building, and could not be done on anything the player cannot remove. Using this option on a Super Health Pod should automatically stagger it with the Super Supplier, in case a newer player has stacked them by accident.
    - Freeze grenades >
    Last edited by Scourge; 03-15-2016 at 04:03 PM.

@SAM

can we please turn back to the other version where the constructor isnt fucked up?

Most time when you wanna rep someone it ends up remove. (or skipping in more categories)

It happen so many times and Im surprised no one says any...

Thread Information