My Machine WARNING: IMAGE INTENSIVE!! - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Aren't you worried about running out of disk space soon?
    Or Dick space? ;D #NeverForget
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

ill get a good computer to play a 99 game , logic isnt allowed this days
    Never Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Aren't you worried about running out of disk space soon?
    It's always a possibility with how wasteful I am. I have so many backup and hard drive images for hard drives that don't even work anymore not to mention now since I got a competent machine that can record screen at lossless 60fps of 1080p video I can burn off GB's of HD space in no time. I should consider using a compressor of some kind but almost all of them kill the shit out of my video quality drain the colors blek! Lots of hard drive images. Lots of space through redundancy too. my WD 3TB made a quite faint click sound earlier this month and I freaked out and got a 4TB to back it up on. I should just get a few matching larger drives and take advantage of this machines built in RAID capabilities to get something larger than 500gb lol. Then I would have peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Cool. I have a Dell as well. Nice to see multiple monitor too.
    I Love having multiple monitors! I have been an addict to that since I had a really old machine with an Intel Pentium 3 processor 700mhz I hooked up an additional graphics card that could output to S-Video it was blurry but it worked! lol
    If I had even more monitors and used the other Quadro card that came with this machine I could hook up an additional 3 displays for 7 display madness lol. In all honesty I game on only one monitor and I am comfortable with 3 monitors but when I get really busy I'll be using the 4th one for sure! Hell when I was using my ASUS U52f laptop I always had a 2nd monitor hooked up to it and almost couldn't stand using just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    I have a few questions that maybe you should have mention.
    What type of HDD (black series/blue series) did you buy?
    What type of RAM?
    How is the airflow?
    What normal temperatures do you get?
    As my post mentioned 2 of those hard drives are in RAID 1 those are the seagate barracudas I think? Nothing special.
    As far as my externals they are Western Digital MyBooks and I believe they have been always putting WD Green hard drives in them. I read about WD Black though has a much longer warranty and looks like it would be of much better quality
    If I want something fast and to break the infamous 5.9 cap on the windows experience index I'll probably drop a SSD in sometime and set it up carefully.
    The RAM is certainly not gaming hardware either none of which I shopped around for. I honestly haven't pulled it out and looked it it yet. There is about 12 RAM SLOTS! :O
    This machine came with 6x 2gb DDR3 RAM at 1333 Mhz since this is a workstation there might be some of that weird ecc type ram in it not sure haven't checked. This machine can have up to 192GB OF RAM!!! I'm never going to afford to fill that up or have reason to
    unless I want to screw around with the idea of having a very large RAM disk lol.
    The airflow.. hmm I don't know if I can tell you how good it is or isn't but it doesn't seem bad for having nothing but stock cpu fans and stuff nothing fancy. I guess I could say it get's the job done. My only grievance is one CPU seems to get hotter than the other.
    The 2nd CPU on the riser board in their doesn't seem to have as good cooling as the the 1st CPU. It seemed I had this major temp difference when I owned it for the first week then I took a can of air and blasted it all the best I could and the temps seem more balanced now
    And from that my answer and airflow are kinda bleeding into each other. My graphics card doesn't seems change much in temperature. It idles around 43° C and I played a game with some intense graphics in it and got it to go to 54° C I have another game that has like thousands of detailed trees casting shadows in real time lots of realistic natural graphics I could put that to the test and I also have WRECKFEST to see if I can get this graphics card to really work. CPU temp is like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    That looks like a great setup for gaming. I love your enthusiasm! I have played you several times on Helen's server. Now I know why you are so happy when you play!
    Have a good one!
    It can do so much more outside of gaming too Thanks, Hey what happend to Helen's server? it's 9999'd out in my favorites? I was looking to play some more games their sometime I hope it's still around. Great server, great crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    ill get a good computer to play a 99 game , logic isnt allowed this days

right.

Oh BTW SPAM VICTORY!

Helen's is still around. Just moved back to Chicago this week. Just look under Deathmatch and you'll find the new IP. Cya

Holy fuck!! you can buy a car with this.

Dude how much did you spend on this? 2000? You must've ran out of RU
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

UT must take 0.7 seconds to start I suppose.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Last edited by pIK; 12-24-2014 at 12:50 AM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    mine loads in a second, no lie

Really nice setup wild!

Kinda jealous though, I'm thinking of getting a proper workstation like yours ... still sitting on a gaming notebook which was expensive as hell and can't do jack daniels.

Thread Information