• Limit Mines as a team

7 11.86%
  • No

29 49.15%
  • IM THINK THEY HAVE TELE

5 8.47%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mine Limit

agree, there is a problem with mines visibility in many maps, try this.
    build some mines, even right close each other then upgrade them, you will lost some or lost a lot of precious seconds trying to figure out where the hell they are... if not for the hud, they almost aren't there.

maybe changing the texture and also changing bUnlit=True (to avoid mines being more or less translucent in different maps)

and thanks for add "IM THINK THEY HAVE TELE" to the poll, idk what that means and it's a little late but thanks anyway.
    w5ykj

If we are going to limit mines, please limit explosives as well. The use of them at the core is just as lame as excessive mines. Btw, Shotman don't ever accuse me of using my mind. I lost that a long time ago.

OH MY LET'S LIMIT EVERYTHING HUR DURR
    LET'S REMOVE MINES IT'S LAME
    LET'S REMOVE ROCKET CANNONS IT'S LAME
    LET'S REMOVE EMP IT'S LAME
    LET'S REMOVE THIS WEAPON, LET'S REMOVE THIS STUFF
    LET'S REMOVE EVERYTHING

Learn-to-counter.

I saw Chis's team (or was it Convict's?) build a hyper leecher near the core and not pick it up on a Butchered pug 2 days ago.
    Know what was that for????

I'll tell you, TO COUNTER ROCKET CANNONS.

LEARN-TO-COUNTER.
    It's the easy path to remove everything that's hard to counter.
    But guess what, It makes the game more noobish which is what some of the elitists seem to base their arguments on.

If something does look excessive, then let's either balance it or make a proper counter for that instead of limiting/removing.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    How about increasing their visibility?

Right now their visibility is 10% a normal build, making it 15-20% of a normal build will make them easier to spot and avoid.
    (let's face it, Siege XXL mines are easier to see due to the old skins and maybe that's why it wasn't abused as much)
    It's a nice thought contribution. However, mines shouldn't be easy to avoid. They should surprise you. Plus, the next level tactic of making mines more visible is to make more of them. Wrong direction, Higor. :hopelessness:

The hyper leecher was in that spot to make them think the warhead was there roofles
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

damn thats next level splooge gun tactics, can't believe i never thought of that before.

try improving the visibility, that sounds like a decent compromise before we go limiting mines too harshly.

Should be a special rule if the poll gets decided for individuals that |uK|fleecey is only allowed to make a max of 2 mines per game, just because its fleece.

Quote Originally Posted by Crsk View Post
    I don't mind at all have to deal with 241 mines per enemy area if there is a bomb to mines or whatever like, maybe a magnetic bomb that turns the mine's team owner to yours for 3 seconds...

Now talking on the poll, i prefer a limit of 5 mines simultaneously per player, why more than? you can build a fifth mine again and again and (...) when destroyed so in most cases you can still building a mine every 1 minute or so for the next 30 minutes left of game.
    in my opinion it's not so like a prohibition, it is more like a prevention (from wicked mine spammer sicks).

Now talking out off the poll, my suggestion to fix the spam is changing the mine's behavior.

c=Player's mine Build cost.
    u=Player's mine Upgrade cost.
    x=Player's mine Level 3 cost.

c=100 u=15 x=145 | 1st mine
    c=125 u=20 x=185 | 2nd mine
    c=150 u=25 x=225 | 3th mine
    c=175 u=30 x=265 | 4th mine
    c=200 u=35 x=305 | 5th mine
    c=225 u=40 x=345 | 6th mine
    c=250 u=45 x=385 | 7th mine
    c=275 u=50 x=425 | 8th mine
    c=300 u=55 x=465 | 9th mine

so a player needs 1.125 Ru to build 5 mines lvl 3 instead of the currently 850 Ru needed (no big difference)
    also the player needs 2.745 Ru to build 9 mines lvl 3 instead of the currently 1.530 ru needed (big difference, spamm punishment)

I will not vote this time, there should be an "I want another solution"! same happens with bounce poll, what i wanted was "ban multiple bounces but allow one (or two) per round"

ok maybe this is an unofficial poll just to discuss the topic but stop making retard polls, give us alternatives! i think limit mines as a team is the dumbest idea i ever hear, talking on public games but is good to have as alternative to hear what 'all' people prefer.
    I agree with your anti mine spam system... but the price is expansive... 1st ~ 3rd mine should cost 125, 4th ~ 6th mine should cost 200 and 7th or more should cost 275

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    How about increasing their visibility?

Right now their visibility is 10% a normal build, making it 15-20% of a normal build will make them easier to spot and avoid.
    (let's face it, Siege XXL mines are easier to see due to the old skins and maybe that's why it wasn't abused as much)
    The problem is not the visibility, it's perfect! The problem is the noobs that keep making mines the whole game... you can put mine visibility to 100%, if there are 30 mines on base, dont matter if you can see it all, but find quickly a place for walk/teleport while many players are shooting shock combos and being hosed by SP's projectiles

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    It's a nice thought contribution. However, mines shouldn't be easy to avoid. They should surprise you. Plus, the next level tactic of making mines more visible is to make more of them. Wrong direction, Higor.
    You are right man, easily visible mines is a BAD solution!
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 05-30-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+]AdRiaN View Post
    Mine spammer ¬¬
    cry baby

Quote Originally Posted by AdRiaN View Post
    I agree with your anti mine spam system... but the price is expansive... 1st ~ 3rd mine should cost 125, 4th ~ 6th mine should cost 200 and 7th or more should cost 275
    you serious? expensive? if you build 9 mines with my prices you use in total 1800 ru, if you build 9 mines with your prices you use in total 1800 ru too xD the same for lvl 3 but maybe you're right in your other point, if the mine's price is increasing, in some moment should stop, maybe should stop increasing in the tenth mine (lvl1=325, lvl3=505).

it is a goob balance/fix imo, players who play they all ru in mines can still building mines without limit but always slower.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Altered_Ego View Post
    Do not limit the amount of mines per person or per team. Good f'ing grief can we make this game any more gay? I'm about to delete the UT folder if more limitations are set in place.
    same day...

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Altered_Ego View Post
    If we are going to limit mines, please limit explosives as well.
    excuse me, are you a woman?
    w5ykj

Thread Information