Maps - Page 5

User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps

valley of siege sucks yo

poor zac some1 should give his work some attention.
    he should do more homework tho but since he already did the work just upload it to public and see if ppl vote.

I'm pretty new to SIEGE and in a short period of roughly a month I've seen like 10% of the maps available in map vote. Most of the time it's Simplex, any of the 31948 Bathrooms or some 4-way spamfest.

Of course I don't know how many people have been playing the other maps but I'd suggest to rotate the maps automatically without voting to add some forced variety. Noobs like me blindly vote for something like [4]Command, spawn on green, get raped and cry :-)

Or at least cut down the amount of duplicate maps and semi-duplicates.

Sometimes I've got a feeling that people vote for maps they can easily abuse by spamming, exploiting, camping, etc. I'm pretty sure that's not in everyone's interest. While every siege game is a completely new experience I'd still like to see some of the other 50 maps available.

who remember 3 bridges ? would be good have that map in the servers again.

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    I'm pretty new to SIEGE and in a short period of roughly a month I've seen like 10% of the maps available in map vote. Most of the time it's Simplex, any of the 31948 Bathrooms or some 4-way spamfest.

Of course I don't know how many people have been playing the other maps but I'd suggest to rotate the maps automatically without voting to add some forced variety. Noobs like me blindly vote for something like [4]Command, spawn on green, get raped and cry :-)

I suggest actively lobbying for a map, or mention you never played a map and ask others to vote for it. I'd support ya. I love variety of maps. And btw, I lobbied for that 4way Command yesterday or the day before where you spawned on green. Just love Command 4way! Yes green and red are harder to defend, but is a good challenge and not impossible with teamwork.

That's a good idea. I'll try to do that. The only remaining problem is: I don't know what map to vote for. I don't know if they're all "good" in some sense.

Is there any overview so people could determine which map is for whom? Like with screenshots and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    That's a good idea. I'll try to do that. The only remaining problem is: I don't know what map to vote for. I don't know if they're all "good" in some sense.

Is there any overview so people could determine which map is for whom? Like with screenshots and stuff?
    That's a nice thought as far as having a central location where maps with screenshots and comment sections are available, but I really think screenshots can only give a taste of what it might be like. Have to play it to know if ya like it, maybe more than once or twice. Some maps grow on a sieger.

For now I would ask, what maps do you like? What do you like about them? Do you prefer open maps with more sniping like Minicivil, Clarion or Bathrooms or closed maps like McSwartzly or Niven with more rocket/shock rifle action. That will help ppl like myself help find new maps to enjoy in the short term.

Also different styles of maps challenge siegers to develop different skills, which can be a good thing.

I been trying to get someone to edit the mapvote and fix it up, but no one has yet to do it. Been a year of asking, so useless.

I was thinking with a plugin that forces a random map (1000 vote strength lol) if a map doesn't win by the end of the timer, this would have a chance of happening of 20%.
    That should enforce more variety.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWing View Post
    I been trying to get someone to edit the mapvote and fix it up, but no one has yet to do it. Been a year of asking, so useless.
    Who would be the person to do it? Maybe time for some community prodding.

Thread Information