Pure instagib US - Page 18

User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Servers updated to v0.7k:
    - Eliminated as many accessed none warnings as reasonably possible (nods @Feralidragon)
    - Hopefully fixed the warpy spawns for other players
    - Hopefully fixed the "skating" players (I believe it was caused by lowering the NetUpdateFrequency, so I raised it back to normal; might also help with the delayed inventory/pulling out gun upon spawning)
    - Fixed projectiles sometimes boosting in the wrong direction
    - Fixed rocket launcher and bio rifle getting stuck loading on the server when the client isn't actually holding fire

^^ I can relate to bugs caused by the engine behaving stupidly, sometimes annoucing something was fixed and seeing the exact same bug happen unreasonably based on the code.
    >> Doing VSize to the substraction of 2 very large identical vectors didn't result in 0, can you believe that? (And only happens in v451)

All the previous updates this week have been an improvement, but the latest version feels like 5 steps backwards.

There is a long delay when you hit someone, like half a second most of the time.
    Shots pass through players, and it seems like you have to aim where the player was a few ms ago in order to hit them.

I haven't seen any players 'skating' so far, and haven't really noticed and double boosts.

Agree with Sniper seen people saying the same exact thing the v0.7j was running smoothier then the new one.

US server has been dragging lately real laggy I dunno what it is but it was better @100tr now its back to lagging again also it seems like im shooting thru people though it looks like im dead on shooting them in the chest

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. I'll upload another version in a little while with one tiny change. Let me know how it is, of course.

Us server is pretty laggy for me. Issues I've had, skating players (crouching, standing you name it), sometimes when you get boosted you fly like on a lgi server, shots going through people, weird delays in shot consistency timing. I've also noticed the skating players on the uk server and the longer boosts

Alright so I compared the latest version to a few older ones where I know there were no issues with skating or super speed or anything. The only real difference is that the latest version has a function that smooths out the movement of enemy players. I believe this was the source of the skating so I've removed it completely, and then I determined the source of the laggy enemies to begin with and fixed that. So if my assessment is correct, it should all be a win-win.

As for the super speed issue, I believe I've fixed that as well. It occurred because I increased the maximum positional error by quite a bit to minimize warping, but I've since lowered it and added a couple of extra checks that should help out all around.

Latest version is v0.7l and it's on all the main servers at the moment. Try it out and continue to let me know how it goes! It should be nearly perfect by now if these remaining couple of issues are resolved.

It looks like certain bounce pads are acting funky again as a result of the mix between the old and new movement code. I don't feel like dealing with it at the moment but should get it back to normal within the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    - Eliminated as many accessed none warnings as reasonably possible (nods @Feralidragon)

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    >> Doing VSize to the substraction of 2 very large identical vectors didn't result in 0, can you believe that? (And only happens in v451)
    Floats....... perhaps the way floats are calculated was changed in 451, after all floats have that cursed paradigm to not result in the values you expect when dealing with extremely large or extremely small numbers.
    All you can do is either creating your own vector format with full precision and the custom arithmetic on them, or use smaller vector values.
    I already had to create a 64bit unsigned integer format for UT and create all the arithmetic functions for it (to make a SHA-512 hashing function).

Thread Information