[UTCG]Ralf + Baros laming - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seriously, EC and Gauntlet are classic CTF maps. And I've had a lot of fun games on these maps as well as on Control, Duku, Bleak and other frequently played maps. It really just depends on the players. And there are plenty of players who never lame and a few who always lame, no matter what map is played (and also a few who always search for a good reason to lame).

Instead of removing maps, it would be more useful to forbid defending (since it causes more trouble on the servers than a few backshots here and there) and increase the amount of active mods on the servers in order to warn people while they are playing. There is no need to "ban half the server". People just need to be aware that an admin might be watching them anytime. They lame because they know that they'll most likely get away with it.

Its indeed time to remove 1on1 and 2on2 maps like w00t, fragwhores, joust, andaction etc..

it is indeed time to overhaul the maplist, maps like w00t/fragwhores/joust/anda/control/abreez/gauntlet/ec2 dont belong on a 6v6 public server.
    Ec2/Gauntlet will have to be a judgement call, if the server was 5v5 they would be playable considering the skill ceiling.

Revamping the maplist will most definately reduce the incoming reports about people fragging on w00t/joust.
    100% agreeing with unrealshots.

You guys forget that the server is not always full. People will want to play 2v2 or 3v3 games when they are waiting for other players so it is ideal to have those maps in it.
    Last edited by Shotman; 05-18-2014 at 08:22 AM.

It's all gauntlet's fault. :'(

this guy summed it up quite well @ the gu-forums ( Global Unreal • View topic - Leaving the pug after captains are set = 3h Ban ):

Quote Originally Posted by R1cKJam3s
    When you're dealing with big babies, you can't let them have their way. Show em who's boss, and they might shit on the carpet a few times in the learning process, but they'll catch on at some point.
    while it might be funny for a while to listen to the babies and their smartass comments ("I'm not even half your age and was still pissing my pants when this game was released, but you clearly lack experience..." etc. pp.) only a strict server-policy and executive could change something for good.
    I'm afraid that won't ever be the case here tho.

No matter what you guys say Gauntlet and EC1 will never be good pub maps they do not flow well and they never have.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

DMing you can on each map. and if such maps eternal control etc. be taken out, also had maps as duko, Sprinta, Abreez etc. be removed. Then maps would hardly remain. and that would make the server also broken.
    People need to play only decent. One can on the maps very good tactically proceed. It only must all to the rule maintain

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    No matter what you guys say Gauntlet and EC1 will never be good pub maps they do not flow well and they never have.

I'm not a fan of them either, but mostly coz they are not mirrored and therefor uneven. Real lamers backshot, assrun + camp regardless of what map is running tho and the first thing should be to get rid of them.
    sure, joust is a real joke on a 12 player server and i dont bother playing it if its voted.

Thread Information