Switching selections with the constructor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Switching selections with the constructor

So im playing a bit of siege these days and there's this problem when i select the constructor and start switching between the selections it will always skip one of them as if i was double clicking which im not. It only happens with the first ones, like it goes from remove to supplier or repair to fortification and its really annoying, after doing the whole cycle to test it it doesnt happen anymore, if i switch weapons and go back to the constructor it does the same thing again, jumps one selection and after that its fine. At first I thought it was my mouse but its not, maybe this is only happening to me but its really annoying specially if u r the only one with 300 ru at the beggining and your constructor keeps jumping the supplier option

Its been like that for the past few months, its happening to everybody.

@Higor is aware of it but no fix has happened as of yet.

well shit

0023 is out on dev servers... and has a couple of naaaaaaasty bugs.
    Give it a couple more days.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

So dev and public have bad bugs?.....yet no roll back to a version with minimal bugs that everyone was content with?....Makes sense.

This makes me want to set up another server, just so people can at least choose to stick with the buggy version or play on a stable version temporarily.

said it again and said it before. It is wrong to force players to use a buggy siege, it should be rolled back. But that would involve Higor caring about the players, but he is dead inside and has no emotions, so that isn't likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    So dev and public have bad bugs?.....yet no roll back to a version with minimal bugs that everyone was content with?....Makes sense.

This makes me want to set up another server, just so people can at least choose to stick with the buggy version or play on a stable version temporarily.

said it again and said it before. It is wrong to force players to use a buggy siege, it should be rolled back. But that would involve Higor caring about the players, but he is dead inside and has no emotions, so that isn't likely.

blame @SAM for not adding back a version that doesnt skip in constructor, people going crazy with removing when they want to rep.. its very annoying

One of the reasons there hasn't been a roll back is an exploit that can make the server's player count go negative, as well as preventing enemy players from respawning.
    Courtesy of our bugfinder duo that actually gives a shit and tests stuff on Dev.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW biggest upcoming gameplay changes:
    - Antigravity platform effect sticks for Level*0.3 after player leaves the effect area.
    ** Dodging, hitting Super Booster, launching a teammate grant extra range.

- Protectors now poll each team every 4 cycles (0.4 s) and buffer each target.
    ** Buffer Enemy team 1
    ** Buffer Enemy team 2
    ** Buffer Enemy team 3
    ** Buffer monsters.
    *** Protector will fire at all buffered targets at the same time. (4way, Monster Madness stuff)
    *** This changes the protector's reaction time from 0.1s to (0.1-0.4) second.

- RU no longer gets clamped to Max if you already had it.
    ** Removing Containers won't harm a team as badly.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    blame @SAM for not adding back a version that doesnt skip in constructor, people going crazy with removing when they want to rep.. its very annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    One of the reasons there hasn't been a roll back is an exploit that can make the server's player count go negative, as well as preventing enemy players from respawning.
    Please. Not being able to spawn is less playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Courtesy of our bugfinder duo that actually gives a shit and tests stuff on Dev.
    Oh Please..... what a pathetic attempt to justify this problem.

That is a bug I never experienced, is there a complaints post on here about those bugs? I assume there would be if that problem was somehow worse than the bug that causes a remove fest and raging. This switch and skip problem happens constant, not every now and the with some players.

A couple players playing on a server with a new version is hardly giving a shit, all mods have a few players to test a mod and is closed off. The players you SHOULD be giving a shit about, are the players who is keeping siege active. Not Chamberly who has her head up your ass as well as developing a comical superiority complex. That is not giving a shit about the everyday players. As I said, you are dead inside and you don't give a fuck about the players, you build siege how you want it.

You will NEVER get a good result using a Dev siege server, it is totally the wrong environment and the server setups will be different, You cannot possibly get accurate results from that. I mentioned that a while ago, then Chamberly got all butt hurt and decided to constantly PM me like I had destroyed her world.

The players make your mod Higor, without the players, you are developing for no one. You don't seem to grasp that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Please. Not being able to spawn is less playable.
    Sorry Sam, but I respectfully disagree. You cannot warrant a constant problem that happens every single time you respawn, literally, every single time. If this spawn bug was that big a problem, the forum would have complaints like this skip bug. Sorry mate, but you cannot say a constant infuriating bug is better than one that happened now and then, even though I never experienced it.

That being said, you could easily roll it back further to a stable version as a temporary solution rather than allowing everyone to experience a serious and constant skip bug. This isn't a small issue Sam, it is incredibly important and is fucking up some players builds constantly. I do not get how this problem is ok to leave on the server.

Finally I want to mention about the new release contents, Wouldn't it be a better idea to fix the bugs and THEN make changes. This seems like sludge code layered on more sludge. Start giving a shit about the players and less about more additions to the mod. Once a player has got used to a new release, you release another version to fuck it all up again. It feels never ending.

Sorry, I am raw and have very strong opinions and I am not afraid to say them, regardless of who it is.

Players 1st, Mod dev 2nd.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 03-24-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Well tbh, I really dont expect anything from main admins oe developers or whatever you guys call it these days cultural support and that. I mean the minigun shit has been a thing for like over 3 years now? And it hasnt been fixed for shit because we have no control over it, so I really gave up with helping siege being more enjoyable. I still have fun playing but doesnt change the fact that still pisses me off having 4 people chasing me with minigun instakilling me

Thread Information