User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was stuck in the tube and almost lost our station there because I couldn't port back to base. Had to suicide several times. One of his/her 10 platforms prevent porting. Team kept removing this shit but he/she put the platform back again and again and started boosting everybody who tried to remove the platform.

How much more does it need to enforce the rule that had cause bans many times before. just search for platform.

But no answer is also an answer.

As I said: hypocrisy. Some should pull up the psychological causes of same. Like no means in real life and compensation for own weakness.

Look, I was on the blue team in that game. The tele should have been moved. You may not spawn right into it but like 1 out of 3 times when I spawned I would immediately teleport through to the other side and have to come back. It obviously should have been moved but I didn't say anything because there was extensive commenting on our team about how it should have been moved.

Read what your teammates are typing to you in the future @IronMaiden. You should have moved the tele and this thread never would have been started since a respected player, Booty, would not have made platforms on it to avoid going into it when we had an offensive tele up that entire time that most of the team was using.

I don't think moving a tele is a big ask. All it takes is 100 RU since you get 400 back from removing the old tele. Why would your teammates be lying to you about needing to move it? The whole point of siege is teamwork, so Booty's action was in response to your lack of teamwork. Hypocrisy would be to expect teamwork from your team when you are doing your own thing and not listening to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    Look, I was on the blue team in that game. The tele should have been moved. You may not spawn right into it but like 1 out of 3 times when I spawned I would immediately teleport through to the other side and have to come back. It obviously should have been moved but I didn't say anything because there was extensive commenting on our team about how it should have been moved.

Read what your teammates are typing to you in the future @IronMaiden. You should have moved the tele and this thread never would have been started since a respected player, Booty, would not have made platforms on it to avoid going into it when we had an offensive tele up that entire time that most of the team was using.

I don't think moving a tele is a big ask. All it takes is 100 RU since you get 400 back from removing the old tele. Why would your teammates be lying to you about needing to move it? The whole point of siege is teamwork, so Booty's action was in response to your lack of teamwork. Hypocrisy would be to expect teamwork from your team when you are doing your own thing and not listening to them.
    So how come I didn't spawned into the tele ONCE in a match that lasted over 1 hour? How come I didn't see you walk into the tele by accident ONCE even tho I spent most of the time on the other side? I actually didn't see you at all. When did you join? Like 10 min before the game was over?

By the way: our team didn't lose the tube to the other team ONCE because of my tele and my defense. As you should know how hard it is to get the opposite team outta there once they got in with a tele. This fucking tube decides who's gonna win in most cases. Same in that match. We won because I defended the tube and we got the other teams tube under control. So much about team play.

Also removing that tele at that point in game would have meant loosing the tube because Kate, Tro, NJ and 2 other player spammed the tele at once. Ask them. Rebuilding the tele would have been enough to lose everything in the tube. See there is even more to it: I wasn't asked to move my tele, Booty flamed and tried to order me. Try to 'order' and flame an admin and see how that goes if you think that's alright and good team play. Double standard, once again.
    Last edited by IronMaiden; 02-08-2015 at 11:58 AM.

My input:
    Players that ping over 150 will usually respawn with the move forward key already pressed to not waste time.
    Can be a bit hard to evade a teleporter if it's close enough and right in front of the spawnpoint as that was the case.
    I suppose bathvember has a duplicate of the same spawnpoint...
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Pardon my siege noobiness/ignorance, but it would seem the solution to this problem is to add some code to the mod that prevents teles and platforms from being built in close proximity. Is there a reason this isn't implemented?

Thanks for the screenshot Higor, but you don't spawn into the direction of my tele or as indicated with your arrow. You would have to turn around into it. I would have walked into my own tele all the time if that would have been the case. Why should I place my own tele in the way? My tele was directly on the back of that box and it was extremely easy to just walk by.

If so many players would have walked into it by accident I would have seen it and moved it right in the beginning. And everybody who knows me, also knows that I'm not building anything to disturb the team play, hence why you can stick your "team play comment" where it belongs, Novak.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Pardon my siege noobiness/ignorance, but it would seem the solution to this problem is to add some code to the mod that prevents teles and platforms from being built in close proximity. Is there a reason this isn't implemented?
    Don't get buildings already auto removed if they are placed on spawn points?

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    It's already been planned for next siege release.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    So how come I didn't spawned into the tele ONCE in a match that lasted over 1 hour? How come I didn't see you walk into the tele by accident ONCE even tho I spent most of the time on the other side? I actually didn't see you at all. When did you join? Like 10 min before the game was over?

By the way: our team didn't lose the tube to the other team ONCE because of my tele and my defense. As you should know how hard it is to get the opposite team outta there once they got in with a tele. This fucking tube decides who's gonna win in most cases. Same in that match. We won because I defended the tube and we got the other teams tube under control. So much about team play.

Also removing that tele at that point in game would have meant loosing the tube because Kate, Tro, NJ and 2 other player spammed the tele at once. Ask them. Rebuilding the tele would have been enough to lose everything in the tube. See there is even more to it: I wasn't asked to move my tele, Booty flamed and tried to order me. Try to 'order' and flame an admin and see how that goes if you think that's alright and good team play. Double standard, once again.
    I joined maybe 10-15 minutes into OT with the score 100-98 and played a role in the outcome. Killed several enemy teles, nuked enemy core multiple times and made the tele above enemy core that our team used to end the game. I also held off many enemy attacks on the tube you were defending and used your tele a lot. I don't know what else to say other than I saw you a lot and communicated with our team like normal.

I see your points in this and understand why you held the tele. Rebuilding the tele takes 10 seconds and could have been done easily, especially if someone held the tube while you did it. You could have asked me and I would have done it. It wasn't a big enough deal to me to warrant a lot of attention since we had a good push going and ultimately finished the game.

Coders focusing on eliminating platforms on teles & portals is a good idea, but the root issue in this scenario is creating or increasing the no-build radius between a spawn point and where a teleporter can be built. When you are moving in any random direction during a battle and die, you are at risk for respawning and inadvertently moving into a tele that is nearby.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    @Kenneth: what's funny is the double standard and the hypocrisy when enforcing rules. Actually it's not funny, it's weak.
    nobody notified me of the platform on tele, im not psychic nor will I go around asking you "is there a problem do you have anything to report? every few mins"

all I will say is I was playing in that game and I also made a sarcastic comment directed to you for camping in the same spot for at least 40 mins maybe more - yes I'm aware you were defending your builds but you didnt have to do that while overlooking midspawns

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    nobody notified me of the platform on tele, im not psychic nor will I go around asking you "is there a problem do you have anything to report? every few mins"

all I will say is I was playing in that game and I also made a sarcastic comment directed to you for camping in the same spot for at least 40 mins maybe more - yes I'm aware you were defending your builds but you didnt have to do that while overlooking midspawns

I wrote several times "Blaze.. Booty is building platforms on tele". Look for it in the logs.

Thread Information