User Tag List

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    Obviously not.
    chiseller, did I do something to offend you?, cuz quote mining like that to make a jab at me seems a bit much! As what I said was...

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    are you just guessing or did you look up IP's?
    Obviously I know admins have the capability to look up IP's/mac/etc.. (though they can all be hacked).

Why should I have assumed you took the time to look up the info before posting? Had you said "I looked up his IP and it's Dr_merle" that would have been different!

@Famine our ban methods are private so is our Admin panel (not stock UT). Trust me, very efficient.

If you can provide demos I promise you we will ban the offending players.

I do trust you SAM, and this server, and your Admin team.

I tried providing demo's but no one was able to play them (as often happens). So I've been working on converting them so I can upload them to youtube.

As I am sure you know, converting these things to a proper video for youtube isn't that simple...at least until you figure out the best format, which I haven't done yet. I did manage to get a very nice looking video with fraps with 1 of the demo's using the option "Force lossless RGB capture (may be slower)" but as the description says, the video comes out in slow motion..which you might think is a good thing but watching it, to me it's not.

Here are the 2 I've uploaded to youtube so far...I hadn't linked them yet because they turned out somewhat blurry...blurry enough to make it quite a bit different when looking for a bot/radar/etc... but here they are anyway, and I'll keep working on making these 2 better and getting the others I have uploaded.

westerns on Fragwhores

westerns on Liandri Docks

Those are just 2 of the many I have of westerns. I also have many of the Canadian aliaser (or aliaser(s) )which I am working on...but it can take over 3 hours (easily) to get 1 demo converted and uploaded to youtube, only to find it is really blurry.

The videos are very dark , why is it taking 3 hours? my computer is made of wood and it only takes a few minutes to convert it. I can post you some settings of the stuff i used.

@Famine
    I made a little tutorial on my site for you.
    http://sja94.weebly.com/virual-dub-tutorial.html

Well, to fraps the demo's takes 15 minutes (obviously for a 15 minute match). Then to convert that HUGE video file down to a manageable size in a proper format I use Any Video Converter and that takes about 1 to 1 and a half hours, then to upload it to youtube takes another hour to hour and a half.

I just downloaded a copy of virtual dub and will give that program a try, maybe it will work better than what I was using. If I have time (or to be more precise, if I take the time) tonight I will redo those 2 demo's and a few of the others I have.

When i upload to youtube i don't use any video converters, I just get the file from fraps, open it in virtual dub, and then do what i put in the tutorial. At the default compression i got a 2 minute file down to 26mb with high quality.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    looks weird to me on both.

Well I should have newer better looking copies of those 2 youtube demo's up sometime today. I used the "Force lossless RGB capture (may be slower)" in fraps for a demo which did make it slower but then when I used virtual Dub to compress and convert it, it came out normal speed and with the clear crisp and clean picture quality.

It still takes a while to convert and upload each one, but now at least I know the process and formats for a good quality video.

So they won't look weird to you anymore Blaze

@SAM
    Does anyone know who uses the alias Whitey_wackers, i have a strong feeling this is gaga again, the same ping, skin and playing style.
    Didn't see anything obvious, but just wanted to check if it's a legit player, and not gaga again.

chiseller, did I do something to offend you?, cuz quote mining like that to make a jab at me seems a bit much! As what I said was...
    Just making sure there wouldn't be another misunderstanding this time around.

Obviously I know admins have the capability to look up IP's/mac/etc.. (though they can all be hacked).

Why should I have assumed you took the time to look up the info before posting? Had you said "I looked up his IP and it's Dr_merle" that would have been different!
    You obviously know everything.
    Why would I - as an admin - have wild guesses, especially when you make such serious allegations?

Whitey_wackers is Merle
    I wouldn't be surprised if Merle was in fact Gaga because their IPs are all from the same region - suburbs of Toronto.
    Last edited by |uK|chiseller; 02-24-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Thread Information