User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - Platforms still have an upgrade option.
    I slipped that one on RC14, platforms gain an extra 20% max base energy with each upgrade.
    Therefore, a 2000 health platform can become a 4000 health one with the upgrades.
    I thought I mentioned that on the release notes... oops?

- Platforms seem unable to carry translocator modules.
    Bah, that's the exact reason I bugged the collision hull for, but ppl kept complaining that platforms didn't display the name and % so I unbugged it.
    I guess that for the final RC16 I'll make an exception in the translocator collision dynamics to stand on platforms instead of bouncing.

- Platforms do not enable walking or crouch-movement.
    That is, because this engine doesn't allow pawns to walk over other actors, only BSP collision hulls which mean surfaces or movers, this again would be solved with static meshes (dammit Epic!).

- Toxin suit buildings can be damaged by bio and asbestos suit buildings can be damaged by flames.
    I had never thought about that...

About notifications, hey, at least I added a few...
    If I were to fix all bugs at once, then you'd have to cope with me adding new stuff (kidding).
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

More fixes and an experimental identification system for the final RC16, read first post for details.

I can't tell how reliable the fingerprint system will be, that clearly needs testing.

@SAM
    The RC16 that contains all changes listed should be tested for a week, then if it doesn't fail you leave it running.
    If it has something critical to be fixed, switch to RC16pre.

Btw, RU recovery will use the fingerprint system, since it's done with help of the client it will take between 3-7 seconds to happen.
    Also, if the newjoiner has "Player" in his name (timeout and quick reconnect cases), RU recovery will be delayed an extra 5 seconds, that should give time for the old disconnected player to timeout and recover RU cleanly.

I should be delivering it this weekend, provided my betatesting monkeys show up.

Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Round mode can trigger map events.
    (Actors tagged with RoundStart and RoundEnd will be triggered)

Nuke carrier score kill added, also fixed bug that increases takedown count and RU in case of teamkill.

Jetpack is more responsive on high pings.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Round mode can trigger map events.
    (Actors tagged with RoundStart and RoundEnd will be triggered)

Nuke carrier score kill added, also fixed bug that increases takedown count and RU in case of teamkill.

@Higor, i have a suggestion about killing nukes

i think would be good, when a you kill a sgwarhead (not a player carrying a nuke or nuke take down) show on screen a message, like the killing spree message for all your team mates: %p destroyed 1 warhead <---- something like this

RETURN OF NIMBUS?

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+
    AdRiaN;50540]i think would be good, when a you kill a sgwarhead (not a player carrying a nuke or nuke take down) show on screen a message, like the killing spree message for all your team mates: %p destroyed 1 warhead <---- something like this
    ^ THIS. also i dont know whether u added this in ur list or not but when you kill a guided nuke it doesn't show any message that who killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    - Platforms do not enable walking or crouch-movement.
    That is, because this engine doesn't allow pawns to walk over other actors, only BSP collision hulls which mean surfaces or movers, this again would be solved with static meshes (dammit Epic!).
    This is particularly Epic fault... I remember walking on top of TREES and I have to do it very slowly not to fall off or whatever (when you can get on top of them lol). Static meshes.. I think players would love to appreciate it for the platforms to be better. They will greatly thank you for that, including myself.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+
    AdRiaN;50540]@Higor, i have a suggestion about killing nukes

i think would be good, when a you kill a sgwarhead (not a player carrying a nuke or nuke take down) show on screen a message, like the killing spree message for all your team mates: %p destroyed 1 warhead <---- something like this
    I also thought about this and would like this to be implemented as well... but AdRiaN left out 1 idea that I usually think; Once it is destroyed (sgWarHead, and the invincible warhead), it should be announced to team that killed the nuke on their screen so the shooter who shot it don't have to take it's time typing it. & SP that killed it as well to count. Suggestion is now suggested lol.

I also would like to ask for the next version, is the weapon switch glitch would be fixed? Or scheduled to be fixed? Sometime I get a bit of hang when I'm trying to switch weapons, it don't switch until I shoot then wait and try switching again. This happen random amount of time (probably mostly by supplier when picking them up) and it take couple of more seconds just to get it to working again.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 01-26-2013 at 02:45 AM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

There is a message of that kind already, problem is, a mutator is blocking it.

EDIT: Disregard that, it's being blocked and it's failing due to a design flaw.
    Last edited by Higor; 01-26-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Thread Information