Concerning restriction - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have been the type to always have a problem with constant nick changes, this case is no different.

1. The teams will not balance very well if you are changing your nick every 5 minutes

2. If your nick is recognisable and known to be a good or low skill player then it allows us moderators to handle the "He is new, I don't know him and he is too good, must be a cheater", we can then squash it with "no, he is a skilled player called "Nick Name here", accusations dealt with", do you enjoy creating extra crap we have to deal with? Because that is what you are doing for us if you use a name no one recognises.

what is so hard about sticking to a single name? You complain about being called a cheat yet deliberately use a name that no one else knows? you are actually causing the problem yourself!!

when long term regulars suddenly see someone they have never heard who is playing well they will immediately be suspicious, yet you don't see the connection?

it isn't rocket science, Sticking to one name = No more or minimal accusations about being a cheat, if you want to pick random nicks then you also have to take the crap that comes with it....period.

Were you dropped on your head as a baby?....I'm guessing more than once.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 08-12-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Fluke said it perfectly. @Fnx It's not so much that I personally think you cheat. It just makes it easier for everyone if you don't alias. 1) If you establish yourself as a good player that people recognize, they'll eventually be much less likely to think you're some random cheater. 2) What I said about allowing people to immediately avoid and/or gather demo evidence is also true, but if you're clean then it lends to point #1 and all will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    1) If you establish yourself as a good player that people recognize, they'll eventually be much less likely to think you're some random cheater.
    That's fine tim, but what I mean is that I will not be conditioned all the time to use a single nick, establishes a period, it is annoying to be playing and someone change my nickname, and use reason to prevent others from being confused , really?

or gather demo evidence is also true, but if you're clean then it lends to point #1 and all will be good.
    Ok, in that case should use different nickname, so be faster clarify this once, there will be more reports and will have more demos and we ended up with this situation.

stop changing my nick please.

if someone complains about what is the problem, will only be a new Chinpo (one-armed)

thks.
    CDQMCP

There used to be this public server where everybody (including low skilled players or admins) had to play with their "real" nickname or they would get banned, it was pretty popular. People (not all, some have a couple of nicknames) usually use a temporary nickname so they can lame.

Quote Originally Posted by d3R View Post
    There used to be this public server where everybody (including low skilled players or admins) had to play with their "real" nickname or they would get banned, it was pretty popular. People (not all, some have a couple of nicknames) usually use a temporary nickname so they can lame.
    Remind me of DOU Sniper camping server and a few other that does use this lmao.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    The server you talk of d3r is undergrounds ffa server for nw ctf it worked well and should work fine to determine and make a mod or admins life easier when dealing with a person/player im all for forcing people to use one nick... after all it aint hard to maintain a skill level under one nick

Alright kids. Gather 'round. It's story time with TimTim! YAYYYYY

A couple of months ago, I aliased for a couple of maps. No one knew it was me and more than half the server started freaking out and insisted I was cheating. Under my usual nick "timbur", I've never been met with the same type of response, even though I play exactly the same.

THE END.

I aliased for a couple of maps.
    ban urself :v
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~D4RR3N~~ View Post
    ban urself :v
    Yeah! He tried aliasing for a few maps so he could cheat, not cool! @TimTim ;-)

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    The server you talk of d3r is undergrounds ffa server for nw ctf it worked well and should work fine to determine and make a mod or admins life easier when dealing with a person/player im all for forcing people to use one nick... after all it aint hard to maintain a skill level under one nick
    I was thinking of an ictf public, but good to hear there were more than 1 that used a 1 nick policy. There was even one where you had to register and login each time you wanted to play (forgot the name, sure someone remembers).

Quote Originally Posted by d3R View Post
    There was even one where you had to register and login each time you wanted to play
    You mean i4games? They're the only ones I know that have the login policy
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Thread Information