User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOSTING

BOOSTING

Can we install a no-boost mod please? . Seriously. Alot of players has fun boosting me on purpose. boosting me into slime or walls while taunting ha ha ha.
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 06-02-2016 at 11:03 PM.

I used to play on another insta server (which is now gone), and if I can remember correctly, boosting was off and that server turned out fine. Idk if I can mention the name here. I believe boosting can be useful, but only if used correctly, but the opportunity is there to use it for stupid things. Just my little opinion.

+1 for no-boost mod, I too often end up in the wall with a flag because of boosts and even if I say to my team 'no boosts please' there is always someone who just won't give up
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by minelskede_T View Post
    I used to play on another insta server (which is now gone), and if I can remember correctly, boosting was off and that server turned out fine. Idk if I can mention the name here. I believe boosting can be useful, but only if used correctly, but the opportunity is there to use it for stupid things. Just my little opinion.
    ^^^^ This

While some maps can benefit from boosting, like Fragwhore for example. Most maps it is not required and can be very irritating as you stand minimal chance of hitting anyone while being boosted. Most of the time it is into a wall, which leaves you paralysed against that wall for half a second, long enough for the decent aimers to turn you into gibs.

No boost mod would be a good choice, simply down to boosting hurts a lot more than it helps in the majority of matches.

+1 from me.

Meanwhile...if you get boosted into slime/lava or any other area where you die because of them boosting, respond if there is a hahaha with a freshly bolished boot with kick message "hahaha". see if they like it done back to them. (actually ban for 1 match, not a plain old kick as most come back in and a time consuming bitch fight ensues. )

I'd rather have the option to toggle boosting on/off like in BT. I'd leave boosting on for me because it work better to cap faster.

To each their own.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    Can we install a no-boost mod please? . Seriously. Alot of players has fun boosting me on purpose. boosting me into slime or walls while taunting ha ha ha.
    You can go pug and let nobs like me have fun to play with the boost

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I'd rather have the option to toggle boosting on/off like in BT. I'd leave boosting on for me because it work better to cap faster.

To each their own.
    I kinda like that suggestion...

This suggestion for restriction will be a huge gamechanger for CTF.

For CTF it gives a lot of extra speed to the game, therefore dynamicity. It can allow a team to comeback in short time when they got their 6th player when against a 6 player team for longer time.

A lot of maps that a most active; Duku (X) Bleak, Woot just to name some are perfectly made for boosting. Also allows less skilled players to be able to cap also, meeting less enemies. Giving them a chance also, even new players the feeling they count and make a diffirence too.

If people are messing around with you Nordog, you have the power to ban them. Because if they do and there is no CTF intention at all, maybe therefore those people shouldn't even be in the server.
    Now after saying that, I know you can be very strict. It has done a lot of good for the server in my opinion and I am very thankful for all the work you are doing, this for Seagull too. But if those happen, it can be by accident too.

And also, I am sure you do take a beating for the good work you put up. Banning people for shorter times, being able to come back. And if smallminded, they will revenge you for it, or their "friends" will revenge you for it also.
    And will use the option of boosting to take it out on you. I am sure there is a dilemma.

This only means you still have small minded people in the server, that maybe need a little ban lesson. Or even a big ban hammer.

I know when I often made demos when the server was still a mess, I made myself an enemy of a lot of people i didn't knew, doing exactly the same with lava boosting even when I had the flag.
    This happened so often I warned them for that behaviour and told them I was going to demo them. Otherwise I did not even time to play anymore. I didnt do that smart or effective, thats another thing.

It got to a point I could not even enjoy the game anymore, just because those people were able to make my game suck hard, being a noob made it even worse.

So I know boosting can be or a huge advantage to CTF in a public server, or a option that allows people to mess with your game totally.

My plea is; don't take it out on the option, take the hammer to the people who abuse it. Especially you who's got that hammer in the pocket! And don't forget there are a lot of people very thankful for your dedication!

Im not talking about removing the option of boost. Im talking about adding the option to not get boosted.

There was this ICTF server i used to play on before unrealkillers, that had a simple thing you could type

!boost on wich allowed others to boost you
    !boost off wich removed the ability to boost you.
    With this mod i can toggle it on and off, depending on who is on the server.

I'd say that a better option would be to add the "<name> were boosted by <name>" mod.
    Most of the time I have no idea who the culprit is in all the chaos. This way I'd know where to direct all my anger :P (and thank the ones making good boosts.)

Thread Information