Unplayable - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

You have the same bounty system in all the current top RTS games. League of legends, Dota etc

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Dota
    I still remember last year's rubberbanding patch... 5 carry teams would make stupid comebacks and win all the times, that's when I quit it.

The 'skill' factor in Siege changes something between 5-10 RU per kill, any additional value comes from spree-ing, picking up mid spawns (quivalent to x4 kills), building mines.
    The additional RU is mostly targeted at campers, players that return to supplier instead of going bonzo after they're out of ammo, mid spawn lamers and mine spammers.
    Also aimed at promoting attacking buildings instead of DM'ing in mid.
    It's nowhere near as big as any of the bounty systems in the games SAM mentioned.
    In a game like Dota you can lose all of your hard-worked advantage in 1 teamfight, dunno if LoL goes by those bullshit bounty standards.

- - - Updated - - -

If the post wasn't clear, I mean that the RU reward changes are to encourage attacking and killing lamers for big bounties.
    It's about behaviour, not skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    That's because minishield is too shit now lol.
    @SAM I'd need to take a look at the MiniShield rule on the profile.
    Minishields in this build take extra damage from hitscan and non-explosives if aimed directly at center point (90º incidence to sphere).
    If you were to hit it from above you'd do 3x the damage because you're counting headshot damage too.

I would totally add 1000 health to MiniShield, and reduce SS/SHP from 30000 to 24000
    @SAM can I see how much health MiniShields have on this profile?

(Unloading a pulse gun, minigun, sniper rifle or flak cannon on a minishield is legit)
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I'll send you the details tomorrow.

Why does it still feel like the "development" of siege is being taken as serious as if it was for a game that a smartphone couldn't play?

"Update notes" No one reads them and for good reason. It is a 25 year old game that some with low end machines can still happily play, it isn't about loving siege development. There are no other UT99 populated servers anymore, do you honestly expect mashing up siege like you are developing for UT4 is going to keep it alive longer? no funds to buy new hardware and old school players are what is keeping it alive. Soon hardware will become cheaper and you will lose that player base, then old school players will be...well, too old to play it any more.

or do you see it like.... put that Oculus rift down and stop playing that VR game and come and play UT99 because we updated siege with more pointless crap, but not the pointless crap the current traffic wants...

Better hardware to play what?

New games do not show improvement over older games. That's why UT is still a top-rated game even compared to the current offer. Games are not progressing but regressing and they target a leftist market. Leftist market = immature obama-loving lefties that love Overwatch.

I personally believe that capitalist lowest-common-denominator degeneration HAS destroyed gaming and that the only way to go - and the only evolution to gaming - is community-based. And that it won't reach the masses like 25 years ago so one shouldn't try to target the masses anyway. That leaves involving yourself in your own gaming community. AND creating new games...

That's why UT4 has failed imo (regardless of any success you ascribe to it) because i believe it is full of leftist influence. It's the direction of new games that is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Janssen View Post
    UT4
    If UnrealEngine 4 had unrealscript... UT would have been remade a long time ago, the more I think about the more it makes sense.
    Oh Tim...
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Leftist market = immature obama-loving lefties that love Overwatch.
    While I agree that the regressive left is fucking up cultures throughout the world (unbeknownst to them lol), your leaps in logic where you connect "the left" to pretty much everything... hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    If UnrealEngine 4 had unrealscript... UT would have been remade a long time ago, the more I think about the more it makes sense.
    Oh Tim...
    Yeah I'm still pissed at Epic for royally screwing up UE4 by not providing UnrealScript support. Such an incredibly stupid move. They don't even realize it yet that this "marketplace" they're trying to build around UT4 is going to suck dick because no one will be able to create anything that is both custom and worth a shit.

All unrealkillers server are running really bad, I've just ended 1 game on woot (UK) and more/less regular intervals ping rise 50 to 200 with packet loss. This morning the same lag on US server, was hard to frag on CTF-Denise..
    On siege server my ping (one time 130-140 ms) now rise constantly between 150-240 ms.. The result: absolutely unplayable, even health decrease is totally busted.
    I haven't tested combogib server, but I saw same ping spike on f6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT

Now seems ok, honestly idk what's happened before...
    Last edited by Blackdeath; 05-28-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Blackdeath, post an winMTR please.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Better hardware to play what?

New games do not show improvement over older games. That's why UT is still a top-rated game even compared to the current offer. Games are not progressing but regressing and they target a leftist market. Leftist market = immature obama-loving lefties that love Overwatch.

I personally believe that capitalist lowest-common-denominator degeneration HAS destroyed gaming and that the only way to go - and the only evolution to gaming - is community-based. And that it won't reach the masses like 25 years ago so one shouldn't try to target the masses anyway. That leaves involving yourself in your own gaming community. AND creating new games...

That's why UT4 has failed imo (regardless of any success you ascribe to it) because i believe it is full of leftist influence. It's the direction of new games that is wrong.
    It isn't about a regular player leaving UT99 completely because they now have hardware to play UT4, there are more games out there that actually work. It is about them not playing UT99 as often as they did, that will lead to a slow death for the servers as traffic constant amount would be really low, I don't enjoy playing with less than 8 players. playing less will lead to a decline in traffic.

EDIT: A wall of text followed this, deleted. Can't be bothered any more waste of time and after recent RL events, I really DGAF now. GLHF
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 05-28-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Thread Information