User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [WinDrv.WindowsClient]
    MinDesiredFrameRate=80.000000
    bump that up maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by LoD View Post
    I was running UT on custom settings (see my first post for screenshots).
    I did look at your link, but the German format was a bit confusing, so I figured I'd just mention it anyway lol..

not being able to reach 121 frames seems like another point to focus on, what resolution are you using?
    I'd try something low, like 1280x800 and for troubleshooting purposes I would also disconnect your external monitor just to eliminate one more potential culprit in this process of elimination.

how does the game run in practice/local mode? are you on Wireless or Ethernet?

when was the last time you physically cleaned out the laptop, dust buildup and etc. removed from the intake/exhaust/fans & etc?

you could use rivatuner statistics server software to get more real-time osd statistics like gpu temps, load%, frames, and also a user friendly way to lock frames in any program/game.

here's a download url - RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download v6.2.0

here's a link that explains how to setup the osd & etc. - How to Use Rivatuner (Afterburner) On Screen Display and More - Overclock.net Community
    Last edited by seeya; 10-06-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Check the nvidia control panel. s
    Specifically for vsync, you also need to check the hz and resolution the nvidia control panel is using.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Check the nvidia control panel. s
    Specifically for vsync, you also need to check the hz and resolution the nvidia control panel is using.
    hi, is that to be set on the nvidia control panel? I have never seen this before and I had gotten a constant 121 before without dooing so?

@seeya: I have tried different resolutions: With 800x600 I get 320 frames or so, game very fast but rate still unconsistent, when setting everything to 144 hz, I get jittering around this hz number, if I set everything to 60 hz I ghet jittering to this hz number...
    It has been some time since cleaning out everthing physically, you think that could be the problem? I get the problem in local and online mode and both with wireless and cable
    just downloaded the software you mentioned. will try this now

thank you all!

The vsync is set in the nvidia control panel. You can download it from their site. The same goes for the resolution and the refresh rate. Make sure you set everything to application controlled. If that doesn't work. Use the control panel to force it...should yield some results.

Also. You mentioned optimus. Do you have one of those dual graphics card machines that switches between the Intel and the dedicated ?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    The vsync is set in the nvidia control panel. You can download it from their site. The same goes for the resolution and the refresh rate. Make sure you set everything to application controlled. If that doesn't work. Use the control panel to force it...should yield some results.

Also. You mentioned optimus. Do you have one of those dual graphics card machines that switches between the Intel and the dedicated ?
    Hello,

I cannot find a resolution and refresh rate option in my nvidia control panel. Where should I look?
    Yes,m I have Intel and dedicated on board but that was never a problem because I set Ut to run with Nvidia card in the Nvidia control panel. I have now in turn deactivated both video card with the following results: If I disable Intel, Ut does not even start (cannot reach menu), if I disable Nvidia, I can play and quite smoothly but also with framerate jittering.
    I have now run the MSI Afterburner monitoring. Does anyone observe sth unsual here:
    http://www.altmuehlnet.de/~hilger/Ha...D_08102015.hml ? I have also run a Passmark Benchmark test and my GraphicsCard performs normally.

thanks,
    LoD
    Last edited by LoD; 10-08-2015 at 04:06 PM.

You need to check when the last optimus driver update was. It's the switching between video cards that causes issues in most cases. This is why this silly new technology is rubbish. The software is no good...

If you open the nvidia control panel. You will see a list of graphic options??

Thread Information