Global.iCTF V - Signups open, unrealkillerfriends cordially invited! :D

User Tag List

Global.iCTF V - Signups open, unrealkillerfriends cordially invited! :D

Hi Unrealkiller friends,

As some of you have joined previous seasons, I felt it was my duty to report to you that we have yet another exciting league coming soon, and you are cordially invited to the unreal tournament party!

I am happy to announce that Global.iCTF V is right around the corner. With hundreds of players expected to join, we are ready to crown the next champion to follow in the footsteps of shockWave, ROFLNATION, [Adi] and raGe. What will be the most successful and largest tournament in iCTF history is official announced. Are you the next champion to step onto the winners throne?

WHEN?
    Signups Open: Sunday, March 2, 2014 (Right after saCTF finals)
    Signups Close: Sunday, March 30, 2014 @ 9:00PM EST
    Draft: Sunday, April 6, 2014
    Matches Start: Sunday, April 13, 2014

HOW MANY TEAMS?
    20 - 22, That means we will have 100-120 starters and at least 60-80 dev players playing every Sunday.

WHAT ARE TIMESLOTS?
    ** Preliminary timeslots, may be subject to change before season starts. Any changes will be formally addressed.

Development matches: 2:00/2:30/3:00PM EST
    Regular matches: 4:00/5:00:6:00PM EST

GMT +5, CET +6

HOW LONG WILL THE SEASON BE?
    5 rounds in the regular season and then 4 more in the playoffs to decide a winner.

WHAT IF I CAN'T COMMIT TO AT LEAST 60% OF MATCHES AND AM A STARTER?
    You may still join the season as a mercenary but you are not eligible to play in the playoffs.

I LIKED THE MAPS LAST SEASON, WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES?
    Yes! At least 1/2 new maps will be added and all others will be under revision for removal.

WILL THERE BE A SURPRISE MINI TOURNAMENT BEFOREHAND?
    Quite possibly, keep your eyes open

ARE CAPTAINS SIGNUPS OPEN ALREADY?!
    YES! SIGN UP HERE!

Stay tuned to the forums and IRC because there will be a lot of content/discussions/media leading into the season. If you have some clips that you think are worthy of making the promo video, pm me. If you have ideas for the season, pm me. If you would like to contribute to the season in any facet, pm me. A surefire way that anyone can help is by letting their friends/acquaintances/enemies know that we have an active scene here with competitive pugs/tourneys/leagues.

I'll end my post with this because it seems to be forgotten every season but the teams picked on draft night are RARELY the final teams. Captains will constantly shuffle their rosters and if you can prove that you are a solid and active player, there is a GREAT chance that you will end up on a roster. If you would like to improve your chances of being drafted, be ACTIVE in #iPug and strut your stuff in front of captains. All skill levels are encouraged to participate and lower skilled players have an opportunity to shine and improve in development games.

[size=12520 teams..
    100 scheduled regular season matches..
    1 champion.

Global Unreal

Have any questions? New to league play or iCTF? Let me know, I'm happy to answer them!

Those Guys are Good.

zZz
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    hm

i really want to join this one but all matches are on sundays and saturdays, which those are the days that i'm not really available on

Quote Originally Posted by OuTlaW View Post
    i really want to join this one but all matches are on sundays and saturdays, which those are the days that i'm not really available on
    Hi OuTLaW - just would like to inform you that matches are only on Sundays... and you are free to sign up with 'Partial' availability if you're not sure you can make all matches! (If you then do end up being around, you can play - If you can't make it... that's also fine, but it's nice if you let your captain know at least a few hours before the match )

wooohooo!

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Thread Information