User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rage Ban

Quote Originally Posted by azcanize View Post
    Im not sure how long you've been playing but I remember I didn't see your name in #mlut until after about a year I joined.
    I only started playing UT99 in Summer of 2011... on a sniper camping server @ [OMA] which is a whole other community than here and there (mlut) and I didn't start showing up around here until 2013. There is so many different community out there, it's really awesome.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    This is backwards logic. Consistently using the same name so that people know who you are will lead people to trust you, while literally hundreds (if not thousands) of different aliases is exactly what cheaters (or people hiding something) do. There are plenty of players who outplay you who aren't afraid of using the same name every time they play, and I've never seen people accuse them of cheating and/or leave the server. With that said, your reasoning for hiding your identity doesn't sound legitimate at all.
    LOL couldnt have said that any better

also you have a canadian flag its not really hard to distinguish who you are if you are on the server every map while you're playing? regardless of skin change or name change

lastly there are cheaters from toronto I can actually name quite a few i'll give you one though - fire
    Last edited by |uK|B|aZe//.; 01-01-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Pubbers these days.
    Back in High Speed Face, whenever this SENBONZAKURA (30 ping on a no-zp server) would come, my team would start tryharding so much we'd end up beating this dude sometimes, no matter how difficult it was.
    Winning games against the most skilled players was the sole reason to play in that server.

Now, you can either keep an identity and let the team balancer do it's job, or keep aliasing ruining more games without warning.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

If this guy is nomike he's legit, I recognize the name from the few weapons pugs I played years ago, probably because he was new to it like I was and quickly made an impression on people.

I bet we played on face servers too where I aliased 99% of the time as well, there were a handful of good canadian players on face servers that were worth looking out for.

SENBONZAKURA is a familiar name too, we were both in {ROS} like 5 years ago. Guy was a one trick pony and hardly ever played other maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Pubbers these days.
    Back in High Speed Face, whenever this SENBONZAKURA (30 ping on a no-zp server) would come, my team would start tryharding so much we'd end up beating this dude sometimes, no matter how difficult it was.
    Winning games against the most skilled players was the sole reason to play in that server.

Now, you can either keep an identity and let the team balancer do it's job, or keep aliasing ruining more games without warning.
    I still keep the same amount of cookies after changing names so how would that affect teams? If you're going to ban players for aliasing, then a bunch of chileans and ictf players should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    If this guy is nomike he's legit
    You realize "nomike" (i.e., not using a mic) is a purposeful alias in itself, right? People have been trying to figure out who he was since he popped up in 2012. You don't appear out of nowhere "making an impression" in #mlut unless you've been around for years already, and in which case, there is most definitely a history, which he is very obviously hiding.

He's also lying about playing on the same machine for 5 years, because we have logs from dozens of servers (some of which he says he played on) dating back to 2008 and his hardware MAC/ID doesn't exist before 2012. Everything about him is a lie, and I want to know why.

Furthermore, nomike, there's a reason the servers have name changes disabled. It isn't right at all to trick people into playing with you when they would rather avoid you because so many people think you're cheating. Your "logic" for changing your name between every map isn't logical at all, and all signs are extremely indicative of sketchy behavior, which is more than likely cheat-related but there's no way to know without a proper anti-cheat or knowing your history, which you're clearly hiding.
    Last edited by TimTim; 01-01-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Your info about what machine I used must be wrong. Upgraded in 2008 or 2009 and been using the same computer since. If there's a way to check when I first used it, I will do a print screen.

I didn't see you around when I first joined the community. But I wasn't a first pick (still not) from the start. I had years of experience from pubs so it wasn't hard to transition over. And if you were around the first year I started to pug you would know I gradually got better. "nomike" is the alias I chose because I had no other known alias the community knows me by, and I joined really really late.

I got nothing incriminating to hide by changing my name in pubs. If I wanted to hide, I would use a VPN. If aliasing is a bannable offense, then a lot of players should be banned. Players like JYB have aliased a lot on that server. He must have something to hide.

A machine's MAC address doesn't randomly change on its own and ACE isn't going to retrieve an incorrect MAC address without some hacking, and there are MAC addresses logged for every single player who has ever entered these servers since 2008.

Now, for the last time, stop dodging and lying about the question. What is your most often used name prior to 2012? There isn't a single player in any game ever with years of experience who didn't solidify a name for himself within his first few years.

My most used name has to be "player#", or "." Not even trying to lie.

Look at the history of names I use. I have a tendency to alias. So do a couple of other mlut players that play there.

No one from the mlut community can name any past players from Toronto that share the same voice and playstyle as me. I am seriously just a long-time pub player that joined the competitive community very late. Don't know what else to say.

If you think I'm cheating, I would like to see some video evidence. Otherwise, this is the most ridiculous ban ever.

Would changing ISP/modem change my MAC address? I think I changed companies around 08 or 09. I was with 3web before. Not sure if you could up any names associated by that.
    Last edited by azcanize; 01-02-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    You realize "nomike" (i.e., not using a mic) is a purposeful alias in itself, right? People have been trying to figure out who he was since he popped up in 2012. You don't appear out of nowhere "making an impression" in #mlut unless you've been around for years already, and in which case, there is most definitely a history, which he is very obviously hiding.
    I get his name bro.

People thought I was aliasing when I first started joining pugs too and that was a long time ago but I was just a pub player like he was. If he's been playing in weapons pugs as nomike then he's been at it for awhile now. Not sure why we're trying to dig up dirt here.

Thread Information