SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 23

User Tag List

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    Can we please fix the supplier removing?

I mean if I make a supplier or someone else, no one can remove that except me.. if you leave the server then you should be able to remove the supplier...

its annoying when people remove your supplier and you have full ru and u dont get anything back, not only me have notice this and think the same..

best way is to get it removed when you leave the server.
    As far I know, if the person left the server and didn't return (not sure about spec), the sup can be removed within certain amount of mins like 2 mins. I've seen other removing other sup awhile we have a SS.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

And what about PageFaults... seems with my Windows 7 system, page faults are an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    As far I know, if the person left the server and didn't return (not sure about spec), the sup can be removed within certain amount of mins like 2 mins. I've seen other removing other sup awhile we have a SS.
    It's annoying if you make supplier, you are full ru and someone else remove yours and you don't get anything back.
    That's why I feel like only you can remove it and no one else. Only when someone leave the server..

Yet another thing I asked for that hasn't happened even though nearly all mods agreed and Higor said he would do it, shocking.

Have all builds removable by a mod from ANY distance and builds that have no name after a few minutes can be removed by anyone except for key builds like SS/SHP/SC/FF/SP's, But add the function that the remover does not get ANY RU, instead split it between the other players. That then deters people removing them just to get RU.

I will be shocked if this actually happens. Nothing else has been listened to.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;110221]ANY distance
    This one we haven't reached yet but the other one is working fine as it seem... as on pug server and dev servers.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    Have all builds removable by a mod
    This was done but caused crashes on public. That's why it was taken off. "rollback" baby!

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    This was done but caused crashes on public. That's why it was taken off. "rollback" baby!
    Roll it back further baby!

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    Yet another thing I asked for that hasn't happened even though nearly all mods agreed and Higor said he would do it, shocking.

Have all builds removable by a mod from ANY distance and builds that have no name after a few minutes can be removed by anyone except for key builds like SS/SHP/SC/FF/SP's, But add the function that the remover does not get ANY RU, instead split it between the other players. That then deters people removing them just to get RU.

I will be shocked if this actually happens. Nothing else has been listened to.
    From ANY distance? .. not sure if I like that .. my remove key is right next to my select 'special weapons' (insta and flame and such) so I occasionally hit it with the selection routine .. I vote no on ANY distance but YES on Moderator powers IN-GAME being addressed and upgraded (Moderator Console or mConsole is in-production), PENDING APPROVAL.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    higor knows about this due to blackriver game last night - talking about the 0 frame bug where when you build something and it instantly builds and you cant help but take it.... especially annoying when you build a trans that you pick up cause of the bug and you end up with a shitty level 0 trans... or a nuke that you have no further ru to build boots or jetpack or whatever else to nuke with, quite funny but also all the more annoying, PLEASE ADDRESS!!!!

I 'think' I found the bug.
    sgBuilding types take at least 1 frame to finish initializing, that is a necessary thing since the constructor sometimes needs to apply modifications to the building.
    That was perfectly fine before because timers weren't tickrate independant, at the cost of potentially 300 buildings ticking on the same frame, every 5 frames.

So to make the server tickrate more stable and spreading out the CPU load among frames, I made tickrate independant timers.
    And guess what, the first 0.1 timer may hit at the same time as the building initialization (actually, before that) on the next frame... if the server is running at basically less than 13 fps on current settins.

1.375 engine speed factor (125% + hardcore mode).
    So instead of 10hz it's 13.75hz.
    If server FPS goes lower than that, the bug occurs.

All of this because I'm initializing the building after the timer check... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Code:
    simulated event Tick(float DeltaTime)
    {
    	//TickRate independant, keep sane timer values if tickrate gets messed up
    	if ( (BuildingTimer += DeltaTime) >= 0.1 )
    	{
    		BuildingTimer = fClamp( BuildingTimer - 0.1, 0.0, 0.1 + FRand() * 0.1);
    		Timer();
    		BuildingTimer = 0;
    	}

//Finish initializing the building
    	if ( Level.NetMode != NM_Client )
    	{
    		if ( !bBuildInitialized )
    		{
    			bBuildInitialized = True;
    			PostBuild();
    		}
    		if ( iBlockPoll >= 0 )
    			PollBlock();
    	}
    }
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information