Metal + shieldbelt in pugs - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.
    [;59313]Well, I disagree.. I think the FOV zoom should be allowed and more people should use it.
    Basically, FOV zoom changes are part of the UT Engine... and not an extended things like aimbot cheat.
    Everyone learn something everyday... especially something to can do for the game.

Otherwise... calling FOV zoom as hacks is kinda like calling making a Siege game type as a hack b/c it is modified with some codes to make the game... FOV don't even come close to that.

On topic--

Maybe how about instead of ban... just set the limitation on it. If you have metal, you can't use shieldbelt. If you have shieldbelt, you can't use metal (even after you make it or can't pick it up running across it as an example.)
    Last edited by Chamberly; 06-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Cube View Post
    Why not just give everyone a free aimbot while we're at it?
    How is FOV Zoom even CLOSE to an aim bot... NOT EVEN the same category ...all it does is reduce distance from far away objects.. doesn't CHANGE or automatically control anything...

Chamberly if you played UT in 2004 era then you would understand toggling your FOV back and forth was illegal.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

It's a hack because it changes the way the weapon is supposed to function. If the shock rifle was meant to come with a zoom there would have been one. Obviously, some players enjoy the extra advantage over others with these little tricks, just like zp bugging - which also is a hack if done properly.
    Anyway, once SAM fixes the compatibility with UTPure it will be gone for good.

Metal + belt system is perfect, if you loss your belt you loss half of metal suit health... but you need use 250 for each time that it happen (i never use belt with metal suit because not worth it!)

Is abusing metal with shield belt common in pugs? I can't remember anyone in a pug combining shield belt with metal under the current setup just for fragging. Only in pub when peeps are screwing around does that combo really happen. A good fragger like Adrian won't waste their RU on belt in a pug since it weakens the strength of the metal suit. The point of having metal is to keep it and play a stronger positional game. Such a player will run back to base to the supplier to reset health and armor if necessary. Shield belt actually doesn't add anything other than higher armor and a glow to the player. A shield/metal player can still have armor left (still have the belt) while already having lost metal.

The real usefulness of the shield/metal combo is probably to be able to survive a direct hit on a 4.0 mine and probably a 5.0 mine if mega health were stacked on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Chamberly if you played UT in 2004 era then you would understand toggling your FOV back and forth was illegal.
    I've never played in 2004... I started playing this game late... so I missed like 90% of the actions. & I started playing around summer 2011. lol...

However I do have ut2k4 but I don't play it much b/c of steam and the ut2k4 settings basically turn down a lot of other sounds in my computer and Idk how to stop that... so I just go on and play invasion whenever I feel like it and not patches troubles... <noob at ut2k4 settings :P

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thought allowed fov ranges were 80~130?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Thought allowed fov ranges were 80~130?

toggling back and forth is what we are talking about.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

I know. But if it's allowed you shouldn't go under 80. It does make every weapon have a zoom like sniper.

Thread Information