Server Improvement?

User Tag List

Server Improvement?

Question: What is done to improve the quality of the servers?
    I play a few maps almost everyday since a while and havent seen any improvements.
    I shouldnt actually have to stress that its awesome these servers exist but man they could be so much better and nothing is really done to improve them.

the following points are fact and cannot be sugarcoated in any way. everyone who regularly experiences the game on UK/US knows it.

the cookie system is flawed and supports imbalanced teams.
    the team balancer is utter shit and i only ever see tim sorting out the teams sometimes.
    people stack teams by using fake nicks.
    some very funny mature people are ddosing the servers.
    the admins dont admin, they have a selective eye on the opponent team and freak out after 1 questionable situation.
    lag.
    newnet, you can now walk thru flags without registering - i read development is aborted? why are we using a beta app?
    the priorities in the mapvote are off, sure its an opinion but the server now kinda reminds me of dutchnet instagib with 4 map automatic cycle lol. duku control command bleak.

i have the impression most people only play there because there are no widely public alternatives.

why is the NW/sniper server not turned into a sniper arena tdm/ctf server like snipermania or into another instagib server without rules and some DM or even DOM?
    instagib is the core of UT now and the only way to attract public players.
    do we care about them? or are we arrogant puggers with our fancy tourneys with the ever same "faces" in. dont get me wrong, all that is awesome but its kinda incest imo and very exclusive towards casual gamers.
    not everyone wants to put on a headset and play serious... some people just put on some loud music and wanna get some frags, play 10-30 mins and then leave

i get the impression nobody really cares and just accepts the many flaws simply because theyre happy thers a server at all.
    i also have the impression nobody takes me and my suggestions seriously but theres nothing i will do about that.

people say hey post to the forums but i almost feel sorry for myself for wasting the precious time for the ungrateful community.
    hopefully the shaman is wrong this time, ah well whatever

if you want to consult me further, skype dave.celler

peace
    Last edited by MaZ; 05-15-2015 at 09:46 PM.

You have very good questionings.
    Be interesting to know the answers

Quote Originally Posted by MaZ View Post
    some people just put on some loud music and wanna get some frags
    Sometimes I agree here
    CDQMCP

What's the point in even trying, if ut survives another year I will be surprised, it will just be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaZ View Post
    Question: What is done to improve the quality of the servers?

the following points are fact and cannot be sugarcoated in any way. everyone who regularly experiences the game on UK/US knows it.

the cookie system is flawed and supports imbalanced teams.
    the team balancer is utter shit and i only ever see tim sorting out the teams sometimes.
    people stack teams by using fake nicks.
    some very funny mature people are ddosing the servers.
    the admins dont admin, they have a selective eye on the opponent team and freak out after 1 questionable situation.
    lag.
    newnet, you can now walk thru flags without registering - i read development is aborted? why are we using a beta app?
    the priorities in the mapvote are off, sure its an opinion but the server now kinda reminds me of dutchnet instagib with 4 map automatic cycle lol. duku control command bleak.
    yea shame it has to be like this, it kinda ruins the game but donations are still welcome: Goal amount for this month: 40 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%) idk It seems to be the reply of the ungrateful community

The problem with admins is their isn't enough active ones and the ones we have myself including cant find the time to admin day in and day out. Finding new ones is hard because you can't trust just anyone with admin powers. We do what we can do and try to do the best thing some admins dont see eye to eye and make different judgement calls its a shitty situation the game is very old but UK does what they can do and its still one of the best communities out there.

As for the balancer it is dogshit I dunno how it can be fixed maybe replaced with a better one? Aliasing is hard enough as it is I'm not sure if that fucks up the balancer 100% every nick I use I have atleast 100+ cookies.

I do my best to balance the teams but some people are constantly typing in !t or going to !s then waiting for the right moment to hop back in its sometimes impossible to balance the teams depending on the players but if I'm in the game playing or around in spec I try to do what I can sometimes its hard to do it on the fly, because you dont see whos coming and whos going and whos having the bigger push or sudden inflow of caps. it swings very fast sometimes. I hope you can understand from an admin standpoint its not always easy we really do try.

Newnet is completed I don't have any problems with walking through flags in previous versions I wanna say I did have issues with it.
    It could be due to lag/routing or movement I'm not gonna say its not fucked up because I can't see what you are seeing I've seen it before where it looks like people go straight thru a flag but I dont have the demos to back it up.

Map rotation is pretty bad at times its always the same maps being played only thing that may fix that is a longer delay on the maps you can pick. Possibly add more and remove the ones that are hardly if not ever played.

Theirs flaws on the servers its hard to find a solution for them and some of the "flaws" I don't know if they can be fixed maybe some can be improved I don't like to just say we accept the problems but some I believe nothing can be done about. I hope we can solve some of them and fix or atleast improve the issues to make everyones time in the publics easier so they can have more fun.
    Last edited by UNrealshots; 05-17-2015 at 09:51 AM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    Newnet is completed I don't have any problems with walking through flags in previous versions I wanna say I did have issues with it.
    It could be due to lag/routing or movement I'm not gonna say its not fucked up because I can't see what you are seeing I've seen it before where it looks like people go straight thru a flag but I dont have the demos to back it up.
    As soon as my ping is a tiny bit unstable I walk through the flag a few times a day, seeing people fall off platforms then appear back up the top -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    As for the balancer it is dogshit I dunno how it can be fixed maybe replaced with a better one? Aliasing is hard enough as it is I'm not sure if that fucks up the balancer 100% every nick I use I have atleast 100+ cookies.
    My cookies don't change either.

Having no donations sucks. Honestly it's not like the admins are not trying to fix these problems because they are. Also SJA has a point too how old this game is I will also be surprised if game last another year. Team balancer is fucked only because people take advantage of it by using different nicks or leaving the game before the cookie system could register them & honestly people who usually nick lame are puggers & I find that funny. Honestly theirs a few people I see on US server everyday who could be good possible candidates for a admin shit even I would be a good admin since everyone in the |UK| servers know I always try to play fair & I do always switch teams to make it fair. But like unrealshots said giving admin away is not easy because you have to trust them & trust that they will do their job good. But even when they do get a new admin sometimes people complain they kick to much or something but honestly their a new admin let them get a hang of it.

Thread Information