User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    And take this in. I've had a iphone 6 like 1 month ago and I updated to the new ios and I factory reset my phone, guess what its not smooth. when I swipe across the screen i can feel the lag. And it irritated the hell out of me. With the Samsung I can swipe across screens like butter with even 10 apps open. I think its a sign the iphone 6 needs more ram. Why would they give 1GB? Are they that cheap? They obviously don't want to make their phone future proof so these scammers gave you guys 1GB ROFL. If you say 1GB is all you need, who says that? And why cant they have 2GB. Cheap and greedy at its finest. Iphone doesn't even have a variety, what if someone wants an apple device but cant afford it. Where is Iphone 6C? With Samsung and other makers they have many devices from 100$, 200$, 300$ etc.. for everyones needs. Don't get me wrong iphone is a good phone, its just not worth the money and specs, it gets blasted by other devices.

When I think of iphone I picture white washed teens with starbucks holding them that are uneducated.

Shouldn't the s6 kick the crap out of the iPhone what with it's specs and whatnot?
    Conclusion: they're about equal.

Edit: if you read the link I posted earlier, you'd read that more RAM=more battery
    Last edited by seabass; 03-03-2016 at 08:17 PM.

This apptest stuff has not so much to do with the phone itself, but more how wellcoded and stuff it is for each OS

I don't like how some of the Android manufacturers have started with that sealed in battery bullshit. Still, it's not that hard to find an Android phone with quick swap battery power. There's always the external battery option, though. There is obviously a fairly broad range of functionality users will find appealing, i.e. battery life, single core/multi core speeds, screen size, overall phone size, etc. If you like Apple products and/or are already invested in the Apple "lifestyle" iPhone will be more appealing.

Sometimes I wonder, though, if Apple isn't a sociological experiment or reptilian overlord Illuminati project to identify the members of society that will most readily cave to Stockholm Syndrome. I mean, I like buttseks as much as the next guy but I think I should at least get a discount on a fleshlight or at least some lube included with my $600 4 year old tech 1867mhz ram.

btw. in that youtube vid, S6@1440p -vs- iP6@720p and S6 still beat iP6 half the time and tied 1/2 of the other 1/2. It wasn't a very good test.
    Last edited by uranus; 03-04-2016 at 08:59 AM.

$600 for 32gb of ram? seems legit.

Another issue, is that iphone lacks variety in color, you can only choose a white or black colored phone. The back has 3 colors, pink gold and grey, but with a case on you cant tell which color the back is either way. Why don't users get a choice in the color of phone they want. Samsung s6 offers like 6 different colors of its phone. Do you think people want a phone thats black and white only? Don't apple think people want a choice and variety? White and black is boring especially the black color looks like a brick.

- - - Updated - - -

@seabass The comment at the end of that vid about hooking up the Samsung to a monitor+keyboard+mouse and using it as a laptop was intriguing. I kinda want to try that out now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    $600 for 32gb of ram? seems legit.
    Yeah that is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Sometimes I wonder, though, if Apple isn't a sociological experiment or reptilian overlord Illuminati project to identify the members of society that will most readily cave to Stockholm Syndrome. I mean, I like buttseks as much as the next guy but I think I should at least get a discount on a fleshlight or at least some lube included with my $600 4 year old tech 1867mhz ram.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    @seabass The comment at the end of that vid about hooking up the Samsung to a monitor+keyboard+mouse and using it as a laptop was intriguing. I kinda want to try that out now lol.
    That is exactly what I want in a smartphone, and Microsoft is working on it right now.
    Check out this video of them showing off Continuum:

As you can see, there are limitations there, but mobile SoC's are getting crazy fast, and I would be surprised if Apple and Google aren't working on something similar.

@<span class="highlight"><b><u><a href="http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1383" target="_blank">uranus</a></u></b></span>
    I'm not going to defend their RAM pricing, it just blows. If I remember correctly, they used to be even worse on RAM pricing. And yeah, I know it wasn't a prefect test. A plus sized model would have been more comparable as it has a higher screen res (though not a 1080p) and a faster SoC since it has more room in it like the Samsung has. Couldn't find a good video, though. I decided to post that video in response to jacob88 who seemed to think that everything boils down to mhz, cores and RAM. This video shows that both phones are fast, even though if you just go by specs, you'd think that the iPhone would perform like a potato in comparison.

@<span class="highlight"><b><u><a href="http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1790" target="_blank">Nordog</a></u></b></span>
    Sure, implementation details are important in the apps themselves, but there are also differences in how apps are run and managed on the phones themselves. (read up on Automatic Reference Counting + native (Apple) vs Garbage Collection + Virtual Machines (Google) if you're interested.)
    Those details are a big reason why iPhones can get away with having less memory.

@<span class="highlight"><b><u><a href="http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=7641" target="_blank">jacob88</a></u></b></span>
    You want colors on a phone? Sounds very girly to me, like something celebrities would care about :P

Edit: why are mentions getting fu*** up now?
    Last edited by seabass; 03-04-2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: mentions got f**** up

Um, what about the obvious one.... phone protection. Like Otterbox, then phone 'insurance'...?

I only had used Otterbox on the S3 but doesn't have anything on Raven... would have to find something but it does feel weird because it is a bigger phone than S3.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I just use normal phone cases. My current phone cases is just a plastic one that has some Nike stuff at the back. I wouldn't spend over 20$ on cases like otterbox, because they make the phone much bulkier than it is. And I prefer thin phones for my pocket.

Thread Information