Oh... - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh...

Next step: Increasing Enforcer damage to 1000 so you can kill a sup spammer when you've just respawned. *inc SiegeIV_00017*
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Getting killed while standing outside the base and getting ammo from the sup inside is not sup spam. Stop being so inconsistent.

Honestly, the whole design of a slow supplier works well on maps where the action is concentrated away from both bases and when spawns are clumped together.

An ideal solution shouldn't make players invincible, or punish the attacker's RU supply at all.
    The only thing I can think of is making suppliers cheaper, timed and one-shot supply ONE player per hit.
    This would scale well with player count as you'd need extra suppliers to refill yourself faster or other players.
    Silly concept:
    - Supplier (200)
    -- Timer: 2
    -- Ammo % per hit: 6 - 14 each weapon.
    -- Armor per hit: Level.
    -- Same weapons available per level.
    L5 timers:
    Old ammo refill time is 11s, new is 22. (always considering rounding down in integer values)
    Old armor refill time is ~24s, new is 30s

SupplierX (500):
    -- Timer: 2
    -- Ammo % per hit: 25 each weapon.
    -- Armor per hit: 1.5 + 1.5 * Level. (final result is rounded: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9)

Super Supplier (1000):
    -- Timer: 1.5
    -- Ammo % per hit: 30 - 50 each weapon.
    -- Armor per hit: 2 + 2 * Level.
    L5 timers:
    Old ammo refill time is 4s, new is 4s.
    Old armor refill time is ~13s, new is 13.5s

Differences:
    All suppliers rotate, meaning that only one player gets to stock on each timer.
    One-shot stock occurs right as player touches supplier, meaning that running past it is enough to start with a decent loadout.
    Suppliers ready to give items glow more.
    Weapon is autoswitched to player's highest priority if respawned.
    Spawn protection is automatically removed to prevent camping on it.
    Suppliers are not invincible, they take 40% damage if they're closer to own core than to enemy. (still healed at 100% rate by containers).
    Putting suppliers near critical spawnpoints will be a viable strat.
    No RU punishment for killing players in suppliers.

No big balance changes, but makes spawning and getting into action a lot quicker if necessary.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    Getting killed while standing outside the base and getting ammo from the sup inside is not sup spam. Stop being so inconsistent.
    Until you realize the door has a Super Container and you're getting sent into the air (or killed) while trying to touch the very small spot in that wall to get ammo.
    You're getting more backwards with each passing day.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Well it can be spawn kill because the guy got no sup lol. Spawn kill is a b.......... hehe.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I don't play Siege but since it seems to always be evolving... why not add something like: If someone exceeds some damage amount given to any freshly spawned player within a certain radius of a supplier, they start damaging themselves instead.

Quick snippet of code off the top of my head:
    Code:
    class SiegeNoob extends TournamentPlayer;

var int DamageGivenToOtherPlayersNearSupplier; // <-- variable name not long enough imo
    var int MinSupplierDistance;
    var int MaxSupplierSpam;

function TakeDamage( int Damage, Pawn InstigatedBy, Vector HitLocation, Vector Momentum, name DamageType )
    {
        local SiegeNoob SN;

if (HasSpawnProtection())
        {
            SN = SiegeNoob(InstigatedBy);
            if (SN != None && VSize(Location - GetClosestSupplierLocation()) < MinSupplierDistance)
            {
                SN.DamageGivenToOtherPlayersNearSupplier += Damage;
                if (SN.DamageGivenToOtherPlayersNearSupplier > MaxSupplierSpam)
                {
                    SN.TakeDamage(Damage, InstigatedBy, SN.Location, Momentum, 'REKT');
                    // optional SN.ClientMessage("LOL GOOD JOB OWNING YOURSELF NOOB.");
                    return;
                }
            }
        }
        Super.TakeDamage(Damage, InstigatedBy, HitLocation, Momentum, DamageType);
    }

defaultProperties {
        MinSupplierDistance=500
        MaxSupplierSpam=200
    }
    Last edited by TimTim; 10-23-2014 at 01:36 AM. Reason: GetClosestSupplier() -> GetClosestSupplierLocation()

I kinda went that route and reverted the changes before a release, back in SiegeUltimate days.
    It's a huge problem because it disrupts nukers and sometimes, a misplaced supplier can be used to kill attackers via the punishment system.
    In my opinion there's way too many implicit rules used to patch out exploits in the gameplay and this is the ugliest of all.

Version 0015 is a loooooooong way from being beta, but the main goal is to simplify everything in the mod.
    Some stuff I'm planning:
    - Supplier change (just decided to go for it, I'm fed up with this issue)
    - Full constructor graphical interface remake using a object based dynamic menu system.
    - Advanced mode in constructor, capability of selecting buildings/actions with just hovering a mouse.
    - Saving an action in the constructor and displaying it on the HUD, everyone gets a free ingame adjustable bind.
    - Bindless jetpack with both fly up and hover actions (jump, duck), still having problems detecting input without replacing the player pawns...
    - Integration of players into the AI hiveminds, onscreen instructions given by said AI.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    despise the sup spam on minicivil, its a constant pain in myself in deciding when to if ever to ban someone for it as you are actually outside the supplier receiving weapons, personally I would ban for it myself too simply because thats where it is the norm to stand for a supply of weapons and its pretty easy to avoid killing someone standing there if aimed right, some people outright shoot rockets at that spot intentionally and just say they were aiming for the super container, when they were actually clearly a mile off from hitting it... those are the kinda people who should be banned..

Hilde, I thought you know the rule? Be nice!

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

@Higor can we possibly make it that if someone hit someone in sub gets the same amount of damage himself?
    this could solve the sup killing!

Read that as Whidee

Thread Information