User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    Go for it, I have no problems with that. I didn't know someone liked the NW3 crosshairs that much lol
    Besides, I state in the NW3 ReadMe that anyone is free to take code and resources from there without asking, so no one needs to ask for it (the ReadMe was built to not leave any doubts in that area unlike other mods).
    Yes the crosshairs are nice but could you please do something about the visibility of the super bolt rifle crosshair? @Feralidragon
    It's really hard to see on bright maps. Couldn't you just draw an altered clone of that crosshair underneath with STY_Modulated so you won't get that additive blending whiteout effect rendering the crosshair nearly invisible to completely invisible? If you play with it right you can still obtain the translucency we like from STY_Translucent and yet keep it from whiteing out with STY_Modulated. Don't mean to put more stuff on your plate but when I'm trying to fry some suckers with that gun on a bright map I cant aim with the thing

When I made the gauntlet hud this seemed to have great results making the texture so it shows up on both bright and dark surfaces.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GatewayIcon.png   GatewayIconModulated.png  
    Last edited by nOs*Wildcard; 08-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Oh BTW SPAM VICTORY!

Yeah, I know of that "trick", that creates something close to alpha blending, and I have been using it for other things (certain NW3 effects and some icons).
    However in the case of the crosshairs, you can set the crosshairs to opaque in NW3 if that's a problem (in the client settings), and I was planning to make the crosshairs that way, but only for another project after I wrapped up NW3. But since you mentioned, perhaps I will add the option to have the crosshairs rendered that way in the final version, it's not hard to do.

Thread Information