Preparing a new pc build for me. - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stanisledom View Post
    He said i selected the cpu without cpu box. Without googleing, I am not 100% sure what exactly cpu box is.
    Sounds like he meant the case that you'll put everything in? Do you already have a case that you'll be using?

Quote Originally Posted by stanisledom View Post
    And the more expensive 6600k which should have the box is sold out from the shop.........
    I'm confused about this. You have the 6600k listed in your part list. Make sure it's a 6600k and not the 6600. And make sure the motherboard is Z170, not H170, which it appears to be in your part list so you should be good. Although I would go with a different motherboard if I were you. Get a motherboard that supports DDR4 and get at least DDR4 @ 3200.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    are you gonna make a video of you building it up? o.o

I was told building up your own pc gaming is worth better than buying one lol

What about the hard drives? Traditional one or SSD?
    And the OS? (Win/Mac/Linux)
    Dang, full of questions are ya? LOL.

Not sure if I'll have a vid of building it but I can do that.

Building a PC is much better than buying a prebuilt that would've costed more nor paying more over certain stuff.

The hard drive, I'll just use the one from my PC (Sata HD, 2 TB Western Digital Black Edition) until I work on making extra $ and MAYBE pick up a SSD. I'm not really fond of SSD of some failure they have upon.

OS? Obviously lol I'll use my current Win 7 key. Can probably do a dual boot with Linux, if I find one that I'm OK with.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Yeah if you get an SSD, get a good one that is known to last a long time. I bought a PNY SSD from Best Buy on a whim a few months ago (wasn't too expensive) and it died last week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Yeah if you get an SSD, get a good one that is known to last a long time. I bought a PNY SSD from Best Buy on a whim a few months ago (wasn't too expensive) and it died last week lol.
    I've heard a lot of complaints from peoples I talked to in RL since yrs ago and some online saying PNY have defective products. I'll never pick up a PNY.

I also got a feeling Kingston wouldn't do too well as much either. That is something I'm gonna replace maybe.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 04-18-2016 at 08:24 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I wouldn't expose my critical data to a SSD to be honest... if you have humongous amounts of RAM just use RAMDisk software to precache some programs like web browser... or UT.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I'm not really fond of SSD of some failure they have upon.
    SSD's are more reliable than HDD's these days. Just get one from a reputable brand and you should be OK.
    You can also back up your SSD to you HHD if you're worried about it.
    Trust me, an SSD makes a *huge* difference.

Reputable brands are what we're lacking in these places, this is a country that builds over 50% of it's computers with ASRock motherboards and shitty generic PSU's because prices are stupidly high.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

This is the SSD I'm thinking about getting now: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-In...dp/B00OAJ412U/

Sounds like he meant the case that you'll put everything in? Do you already have a case that you'll be using?

I'm confused about this. You have the 6600k listed in your part list. Make sure it's a 6600k and not the 6600. And make sure the motherboard is Z170, not H170, which it appears to be in your part list so you should be good. Although I would go with a different motherboard if I were you. Get a motherboard that supports DDR4 and get at least DDR4 @ 3200.

Thank you TimTim for your reply.

So, I just ordered this...

Procesor Intel Core i5 6600K BOX, s. 1151, 3.5GHz, 6MB cache,

SSD 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300, SV300S37A/120G, SATA3,

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming

Cooler SCYTHE Mugen MAX, SCMGD-1000, socket

Memorija Kingston DDR4 HX Savage,4GB, 2666MHz, Black <----- x2

Around summer I am planning to buy a PSU (currently 500w fractal design bronze 80+), and the GTX980ti (currently gtx 750ti).

I want to play UT4 with 200FPS, without stuttering and shit like I have on UT99.....

This is the SSD I'm thinking about getting now: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-In...dp/B00OAJ412U/
    You won't be pleased with the 2.5" .. she never was ... it'll never please her!~ go for the FULL SIZES

Thread Information