SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 12

User Tag List

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    ³Persistent Purchases - What if we could purchase an item that would remain in our inventory through out the match. I can purchase of 'option' either for another inventory item or for an Item that I retain even after death (or reconnect which ever come's first).

Items like: Extra ammo packs (GL-so if I have this purchased already and I pickup the GL; I can use the GAS or EMP feature without having to run back to base and buy them AFTER I pick it up. Or an enable option for Actions or Events; like dropping the Grenade's after you get killed in Call of Duty.
    I would absolutely love to see this implemented. Granted, you'd probably need to make it REALLY expensive, making it suitable only for overtime (or a big risk instead of nukes), and limit it to one persistent item at a time per player, but I like the basic concept.

Siege has a very rough "class" setup; it would be interesting to see roles specialize and evolve constantly until after overtime, when things get really insane.
    Last edited by Scourge; 10-27-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Extra ammo packs
    I tried to make an ammo build category for all of the excluded non-refillable weapons, didn't get em all tho.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I would absolutely love to see this implemented. Granted, you'd probably need to make it REALLY expensive, making it suitable only for overtime (or a big risk instead of nukes), and limit it to one persistent item at a time per player, but I like the basic concept.

Siege has a very rough "class" setup; it would be interesting to see roles specialize and evolve constantly until after overtime, when things get really insane.
    Yes, we discussed (and explored) the role specialization for Siege, almost like a football game (offense, Defense, and the individual positions as well .. which was more like basketball -> Forward , Guard etc.). Siege is a complex array of techniques; and a good match has everyone playing their roles. So if you can select your role at the beginning of the match; you get a different set of objects and builds to choose from (more armor for defensive roles; more ammo for offensive etc; etc

Siege can't grow too intrincate.
    One of the reasons I'm not constantly adding builds, and adding roles would essentially cause too much confusion and conflicts already.

The only thing role related I was going to add was the 'AI guider', basically it's applying the AI that makes bots play Siege to players in form of instructions, ideal for noobs trying to learn the game.
    I gotta say that I left the AI guider untouched for a long time and I should pick it up as soon as I get another playable build going.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Siege can't grow too intrincate.
    One of the reasons I'm not constantly adding builds, and adding roles would essentially cause too much confusion and conflicts already.

The only thing role related I was going to add was the 'AI guider', basically it's applying the AI that makes bots play Siege to players in form of instructions, ideal for noobs trying to learn the game.
    I gotta say that I left the AI guider untouched for a long time and I should pick it up as soon as I get another playable build going.
    A tutorial map in the style of the original UT tut maps would be awesome. Mirror it many times over, allow language translation, and put it on its own server, and you have an instant siege training ground.

One more suggestion, and I hope people will downvote this to hell if they disagree: RU crystals should only give out about 1 ru per millisecond, divvied out between all other players standing in the crystal, allowing players to effectively control the middle with buildings or fragging instead of just having luckspam grab all the RU. A well-placed mine can prevent players from getting mid weapons, so why not huge RU bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    RU crystals should only give out about 1 ru per millisecond, divvied out between all other players standing in the crystal, allowing players to effectively control the middle with buildings or fragging instead of just having luckspam grab all the RU.
    Sweet Castle Blood scenarios in Age of Empires 2, the Rambit and Eternal Blood ones were amazing.
    Controlling the middle of the map with your soldiers and seeing them get stronger while outlasting all other players trying to get you out of there.

One way to implement this would be in the form of a visible field, spawns mid and lasts until the mid spawner adds a new item.
    So you have a 40 seconds or so window to stand mid and charge yourself with health, RU and special weapons ammo (insta, leecher, pulse, ape, GL)

• Midspawn Analysis of Simplex][ in Overtime [October 28, From 4:36pm to 5:20pm]

Spawn Item Picked UP
      36:25 metal
      38:00 flame
      40:40 metal
      42:19 metal
      43:34 [missed it]
      45:19 2400 RU
      47:02 2400 RU 47:13
      48:48 flame 49:06 [1:46]
      50:09 Damage 50:25 [1.19]
      51:20 flame 51:21 [1.11]
      52:23 rubber 51:31 [1.13]
      54:14 2400 54:15
      56.49 metal 56.52
      59.25 metal 59.37
      02.12 metal 02.12
      04.45 metal 04.58
      06.53 flame 06.55
      07.34 flame 07.42
      08.47 damage 08.49
      11.23 [no spawn] 11.23
      12.33 green 12.33
      15.09 metal 15.09
      17.43 [no spawn] 17.43
      18.52 asmd 9.08
      20.14 green
      end of match

Summation: Times seemed to be effected when metal suit spawned [perhaps next spawn doesn't occur until metal suit carrier is killed]. Definitely seemed to be random or not on the mark times. This was a sudden analysis and was not quite prepared but will attempt another on the next full server overtime game. Couldn't finish calculating the times between spawns.. had to leave.

The 'next' item determines spawn time, just find chis' post with the spawn rules... should be somewhere around

have a tiny idea to discuss, inspired by a great job of Siege developers.

Looking through the posts outlined some Problems:
    - complains on random-morons and rage-quitters removing another's stuff
    - debates around removing obvious leech buildings
    - mistakes while removing building

Have a Proposition:
    1) Disallow removing another's buildings
    2) Allow removing another's building by cooperation of 2 or more players

Effects & consequences:
    - helps to resolve above problems in most cases
    - new mechanism will be a base for new cooperation facilities

waiting for your thoughts, also have extra

A function won't do proper judgement of a cluster of builds, showing how much damage it's taken instead is a good way to figure out a build is being hit too much or not.

Thread Information