User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    spotted the fan boy
    (sorry, Seabass. It was too ez)
    If you look through my post history, you'll see that I shill basically all technology that's new and shiny xD

I just don't understand why Samsung, doing business the way they do, seem to get a free pass from both the consumers and the press. When there's any potential bad news about Apple, the newspapers go wild.
    Let's just take an example. Last year, it was discovered that Apple's iPhone 6 plus would bend in the middle if you applied too much pressure on it (especially troublesome for hipsters in skinny-jeans who had the device in their back pocket xD.)
    The press went wild on this one and dubbed it "bendgate" and you could read about it basically everywhere.
    At around the same time, the Samsung's Galaxy Note 5 shipped with a stylus that would break the device if you inserted it the wrong way, something that could easily happen by accident. That didn't get much attention with the press at all.

I'm sure it would be very difficult for you and/or me to mod a chip but not so difficult for Apple, and Apple modded a chip. They didn't design the chip.
    They did design the chip. It's the first thing you'll read on the wiki page for it.

the Woz was as bitter as I am, I'm sure he could offer plenty of insight. But he's also still on the payroll and owns at least some Apple stock still, I imagine. That didn't stop him from going Android, though. Apparently he liked the bigger screens.
    Woz likes playing with new toys, and when the iPhone 6 came out, he said he was ditching his Android devices. Don't know what he's currently using, though.

I have a feeling I'll end up with a flagship google phone when (and if) it's time for a new smartphone.
    If I were in the market for an Android device at the moment, there's no doubt I'd be getting a Google Nexus phone as well. Having a phone that wouldn't get the latest updates would drive me absolutely insane xD

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Having a phone that wouldn't get the latest updates would drive me absolutely insane xD
    Doesn't rooting the phone give you the ability to manage any things to install and set up your own stuff on the update?

So according to a phone, if there such an app I do not use, I do not update it because it only bring in more space hog and such. I just leave it on manual update and update a few such as Maps for traveling and Whatsapp.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

If you root an Android device, you'll have full control over your phone. It'll allow you to do a full uninstall of apps and games that came bundled with it either through your carrier or the manufacturer.
    It also means that you can install custom ROM's. This essentially means that you can replace the version of the Android OS with a custom version like CyanogenMod or Paranoid Android.
    It can also allow for faster platform updates. When Google releases a new update to Android, your carrier can take a long time pushing that update to your phone (if it even happens at all), so rooting your device can allow you to receive some of the platform updates through custom ROM's.
    Keep in mind that rooting your device will most likely void your warranty.

Got a new one. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-T...phone/44465722
    At least I get a bit of service back in the mountains since it use a different service tower (Verizon, the galaxy was using AT&T). I guess I'll have some fun with this cuz my sis have same one as well lol. No complaint so far.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

i got a iphone 6S plus 64gb.

when i first saw the iphone 6s plus i was like Holly damn shuch a big screen but after a couple months i was like i wouldn't mind if they the screen a little bit more bigger!

If you look through my post history, you'll see that I shill basically all technology that's new and shiny xD
    Yeah. I hope you know I was teasing and "shill" is a bit harsh.

Woz seems to be endorsing the 6s. Maybe he got promoted to marketing .

I'm almost thinking about getting one of these now that it's in my mind again, https://oneplus.net/x or maybe even the oneplus2 for traveling in Europe. Unlocked, dual sims, made to be rooted but no need to with almost official Android, OnePlusX takes a microSD for $250! It seems to good to be true. I feel like I'm writing advertisement copy.

I got the plus model because of the better battery life initially and figured I would just have to get used to having a screen that's too big. Now I'm in the same boat as you @|uK|kenenth , I wouldn't mind having larger display.
    Kinda funny considering how I used to think those "phablets" looked ridiculous.

@uranus yeah, I kinda figured you were :P
    Besides, calling people a shill for having opposing views without adding anything to the conversation like camper did is just lazy and the rhetoric of conspiracy theorist (think "PHARMA SHILL",) so I pay no attention to it.

OnePlus X seems like a great phone for that price. The issues I'd be having with it is the lack of a fingerprint sensor, and from what I can tell, they're still running a version of Android 5 (Android 6 came out in October.)

Edit:
    I found this:
    As of now, OnePlus has committed to getting Android 6.0 Marshmallow out for the OnePlus One and OnePlus 2 within Q1 2016, but hasn't put any sort of time table out there for the OnePlus X.
    Last edited by seabass; 02-28-2016 at 11:32 AM.

I got the plus model because of the better battery life
    ^

- - - Updated - - -

@|uK|kenenth
    SEE MOSKVA BERSERK BLAZE and all the other apes from irc im not het only one writing my name wrong!

is it true iphone and galaxy dominate the market? o.o
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Yes, they dominate the high-end market.

Thread Information