SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 25

User Tag List

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Low world, High skin.

I use high on everything, but still can't get that invisi-shieldbelt visible thing to appear when I tried such lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

In the meantime, a test package was silently deployed over the course of this week.
    Gotta say that server framerate has been far better under heavy load.

Details here:
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...l=1#post110773

- - - Updated - - -

About players...
    I'm considering applying a frequency scaler to player classes as well.
    So far player polling makes up a big part of Net load (CPU and bandwidth wise) and sometimes... there is no need to update a player up to 100 times a second when he's running behind or very far from the viewer.

Feedback on this?
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

<< another bug thats reappeared @Higor
    this isnt supposed to happen whichever order you take invis+belt >>

Lol, been a long long while since i clearly see them. And since i play with high contrast (video card driver), they're REALLY REALLY visible. Even highlighted, i would say.

Btw... there is still the instant-build thing going on. Very very rare, happened to me only once on a container but recently, on a fresh game of blackriver-IV. Like 300ru max, 1st container built, insta-built. Only time it happened.

The SiegeNative plugin is being made and tested step by step, if the server doesn't crash during the weekend I'll expand it to optimize more things and fixe more bugs.
    Something like this was needed to make it so players don't have to download a package every single time a change is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    The SiegeNative plugin is being made and tested step by step, if the server doesn't crash during the weekend I'll expand it to optimize more things and fixe more bugs.
    Something like this was needed to make it so players don't have to download a package every single time a change is done.
    I would happily download a new package every single time if it means bugs are getting fixed. It is literally a few seconds to download so it isn't exactly going to put people off joining.

We both know the best way to find a bug is to extensively test the mod in a public server. You could fix bugs as you go which in turn reduces the time you have to pull away from new ideas to fix. Minor non game experience bugs of course can be taken care of later. If it is a bug that is having a bad impact on game experience, then that bug needs fixing asap and not left until the next update.

Fixing more bugs over a length of time is much better than piling them all on top of each other for the next update.

Two of my nukes disappeared when hitting the enemy door on Simplex, not amused
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Were you trying to fire them right into a Super Container?
    Yeehaw's done a demostration of a bug (probably a different one) and it's... weird, basically firing it inside a SC at a very specific angle (something between 30~35 degrees below horizon) causes it to explode and deal 0 damage.
    I've noticed this in Bathrooms over the years as well and it's made little sense.
    And then there's the non-existant rocket.

For non-existant rocket it's pretty obvious the projectile size has something to do with it, I alleviated that one by making the rocket spawn closer to the player's center position.
    When it comes to non-damaging explosions for hitting a SC in a very particular position I'm still confused.

One thing's certain, as long as the rocket gets to fly at least 1 frame, it will produce a proper explosion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, since XC_Engine is on the server doors are considered super solid for damaging traces and protector detection... with the exception of 3 maps (set via config).
    Simplex and both Nivens are those for obvious anti-overtime measures, so this behaviour would still be present without XC_Engine, just brainstorming here.

Nope, it wasn't a SC, it was a Forcefield, gotta admit it happened before, but it's been a long time since it happened
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

I have faced that problem many times. Started when i tried to nuke the door in niven, my nukes disappeared. Then it went on happening randomly and was very annoying when you are about to get some competitive edge over the opponent and that happens.

Thread Information