User Tag List

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Map Requests

When was the last update requested. Because I don't remember one. I will get round to this at some point this week....

About the access to upload. It becomes tricky because the more people that have ftp. The more chance of something going wrong. Just trust me on this!

Plus, its better to make people anticipate updates

@TimTim newnet for BT plz

I think between August 23 and 24th.

Newnet for bt is gonna be a trippy fuck, timtim will need LSD and load of painkillers to have a designed movement with a bit of anti-cheat in it to prevent timer/speed hack and other things. There is so much more to say about BT gameplay... even maps are extremely customized with loads of custom actors and mod compatibility, it will take tim LOTTA times for this imo.. & MUCH MORE! Need I say he would probably might need to take a year off to do this? xD

But yeah they don't want me to get ftp to the bt server cuz they say I'll screw it all up or something, this tell me they don't monitor their logging on FTP and see what's going on... lazyness. Even Higor had one for another server and Timtim for some other... sigh.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 09-06-2015 at 08:00 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Higor had it for a test sever. Timtim has for instagib severs because he was tweaking newnet and making new releases. BT is different. Map updates aren't that important and they can wait!

Why do we need to monitor ftp daily and why create that task? Think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Why do we need to monitor ftp daily and why create that task? Think about it!
    You're only saying it just for 1 more person requesting ftp. Not many... but whatever. I'll just be a grumpy cat and hope I lay in the area under the grass. :P

Higor been making testing on many other, so has did Timtim done so (I don't know u much tim lol)? Or was Higor's work far more superior and done sooner than needed to be updated regularly than newnet?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Re: NN for BT. There are way too many custom and unpredictable things for me to make it work for every map in any reasonable amount of time. It should work no problem for really basic maps already, but it's the hundreds of maps with custom stuff that would be really time consuming. It'd be quicker (and better for the long term lol) to port everything to UT4 and fix the scaling since UT4 is built from the ground up with lag compensation.

Re: Access to servers. IG and Combo are really straightforward, (relatively) unopinionated mods. There isn't anything I could really change with its gameplay that would cause a shitstorm. But mods like Siege and BT are completely different beasts where people have really strong opinions about the way things should be (or limiting the number of custom mods in BT's case), so it makes sense to keep as many hands off those configs as possible.

Until you realize movers are impossible to tamper without sending them to (0,0,0) forever.
    The only thing that hinders high ping BT is that, and that alone.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Until you realize movers are impossible to tamper without sending them to (0,0,0) forever.
    You're actually wrong about this. I had movers working clientside a couple of years ago with some pretty hacky code (all just unrealscript) but it worked. High pingers loved being able to translocate through maps and not be hindered by the doors being slow to open on maps like Azcanize. The only real issue with it at the time was that players looked pretty silly when they were going up and down lifts lol. I ended up removing that code though because there were leagues/tournaments happening and I didn't have time to get everything working perfectly by then. It would have just been a matter of effort. But the movers not being clientside actually isn't a big deal at all since even with the slightly delayed serverside lifts, NN's clientside movement makes lifts feel 1000x better than UT's original movement netcode.

@TimTim your siganture for some reason makes me unconfortable... It doesn't stop staring...
    omg LOOK AWAY YOU FUCKING BLONDSHIT.

Holy crap`man it's still watching me halp T_T
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

@~~D4RR3N~~ The guy in front is icing on the cake, but the people in the background are what make it. I like to imagine what went into making this stock footage. I bet all those people laughed their asses off after filming/between takes.

I have no idea on what's happening on the fucking background i just see a dude with a face like he wihsed he wasnt there but holy fuck he had to be there, so he's just staring at the cameraman like, I'mma kill you in your sleep fucker...
    T_T

--- Updated ---

Dude I get hypnotized everytime I see Tim's sig fml
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Thread Information