Preparing a new pc build for me. - Page 5

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    lol

I'm still leaning towards the 2.5".
    OMG, I stand corrected and have adjusted my lean as well.. My GOSH that is just titillating.

glad you at least giggled at my
    inference. *wink

I was looking at 970 cards and noticed a comment in one of the reviews where a person said they would have bought a 980Ti. Any thoughts / suggestions? @Camper suggested waiting for Pascal but I don't want to wait. I need to drive a Dell Ultrasharp 27" and one of those 1ms 144hz monitors for games. I've narrowed the monitor choices down to the popular ASUS VG248QE or TimTim's LG.

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    ASUS VG248QE or TimTim's LG.
    LG will have great colors right out of the box, while you'll most likely have to tweak the Asus (or BenQ for that matter). Just sayin.

I have one more question... I got my parts which i said here I was going to buy.... Now I just neeed to buy a new gfx card. I want to buy the 980ti, but its pretty expensive, it costs double than the 970.
    Do I need to buy the 980ti to play UT4 on constant 200fps or would the 970 be enough????
    Or what about the R9 390x 8gb???? I seen it eats a lot more watts, but it costs a lot less than the 980ti and the specifications look even better ( atleast to a pc newb like me)

Saw this floating out there. http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...spx?sku=815134 hmmm... it have stuff bundled in and I don't want Win 8, and I see there something else that I'm not known to so I'm gonna skip these kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 04-26-2016 at 12:28 AM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by stanisledom View Post
    I have one more question... I got my parts which i said here I was going to buy.... Now I just neeed to buy a new gfx card. I want to buy the 980ti, but its pretty expensive, it costs double than the 970.
    Do I need to buy the 980ti to play UT4 on constant 200fps or would the 970 be enough????
    Or what about the R9 390x 8gb???? I seen it eats a lot more watts, but it costs a lot less than the 980ti and the specifications look even better ( atleast to a pc newb like me)
    I can run UT4 at constant 144 fps on any map. This is my setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/timbur/saved/vM3rxr

@TimTim, any updates. After ~4 months do you have any thoughts, regrets, boasts, etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    @TimTim, any updates. After ~4 months do you have any thoughts, regrets, boasts, etc...?
    No regrets or issues whatsoever. I get a constant 154 fps in Overwatch.

If/when I get tired of Overwatch, I'll check out a bunch of other games and see what kind of eye candy my rig can handle.

Thread Information