Banned from server? - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok it's your server and you have every right to decide who can and cant play there. However, if someone is violating a rule, it would be nice to be warned before they are booted. Is this a permanent ban? That would seem extreme as I have played many times on that server without issue or complaint.
    Also when you say initial reason...are there others?

The ban system states 3 days. @Jst2blond is the ban owner.

Yes, there are multiple reasons in this situation why you'd be banned. First; @Jst2blond banned you for play style.

The second (auto ban) would be the server banning you for VPN. When you turn the VPN off it will auto unban you for using VPN. However, the initial reason has not yet expired. Therefore you would remain banned in either case.

Thank you for replying. Three days seems excessive but as I said it's your server.
    DDAM1

Unfortunately, it's not my ban. I have tagged @Jst2blond for you. She will respond once she has time to visit the forum.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by DDAM1 View Post
    Was playing CTF-Denise on Combogib server today when I was booted without warning or explanation I was playing as Player # ( I never bother to set a name)
    I assume this was a playstyle punishment?
    First of all Im not lying...I'm not using a VPN now
    Most of regular players know how i considere "your style" while playing a "spam" map. Even if we were playing such a map ( andaction, Denise, Fragwhore...) i am willing for us to try to play CTF a few ( it means going for flag) and not only ( as you have done), respawning, staying where you respawn or trying to stay in a corner and spamming.
    It was obvious that you haven t any intention to go for flag. Teams were unbalanced and you were just standing and spamming.
    And because i have seen same gameplay before ( liandri map ??), it means that you weren t into CTF style tonight.
    One other thing, i have had to ban you twice because you were obviously trying to bypass ban using VPN or/and HWID changer. Can you explain how can you be same day, same hour in USA and in south Africa??
    Ban lenght is 3 days
    Pick a name next time, anon name player won't help your case while laming.
    Stop trying to bypass bans and use your "VPN"
    Testimony : stats : http://www.unrealkillers.com/combost...tch&mid=126897 (player6 as south african player) + screenshot (player6 as USA player before trying to bypass)

Cheers
    Jst2b

Last edited by Jst2blond; 01-24-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    Blond's copyrighted

I don't understand why you guys don't have the "force pick name" on any of your servers. Allowing anon players only ever causes problems. I've played with the same name pretty much constant since 2000 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AS~Chinpo View Post
    I don't understand why you guys don't have the "force pick name" on any of your servers.
    Fnx is to play as Fnx under the same policy, as well as some ppl who used to excessively alias in the past.
    I suppose some ppl playing as Fabs or Player do earn this 'status' after a ban or two as well.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    Most of regular players know how i considere "your style" while playing a "spam" map. Even if we were playing such a map ( andaction, Denise, Fragwhore...) i am willing for us to try to play CTF a few ( it means going for flag) and not only ( as you have done), respawning, staying where you respawn or trying to stay in a corner and spamming.
    It was obvious that you haven t any intention to go for flag. Teams were unbalanced and you were just standing and spamming.
    And because i have seen same gameplay before ( liandri map ??), it means that you weren t into CTF style tonight.
    One other thing, i have had to ban you twice because you were obviously trying to bypass ban using VPN or/and HWID changer. Can you explain how can you be same day, same hour in USA and in south Africa??
    Ban lenght is 3 days
    Pick a name next time, anon name player won't help your case while laming.
    Stop trying to bypass bans and use your "VPN"
    Testimony : stats : http://www.unrealkillers.com/combost...tch&mid=126897 (player6 as south african player) + screenshot (player6 as USA player before trying to bypass)

Cheers
    Jst2b

You can disagree with how I play all you want. Your server...your rules, I get it. But for you to act like you know my intentions for doing anything is ludicrous. As I stated earlier, I used a VPN to login to find out why I was banned. No-one answered, and I was repeatedly booted for what at the time seemed to be without reason. You have explained yourself, and while I disagree with your conclusions it is what it is. It just seems funny that I get banned for three days, when people come on that server and repeatedly curse/insult other players while sabotaging games because they dont like the play mod. It seems...arbitrary. Just my opinion.

Interesante eh
    Tengo 0 bans
    reglas parciales... si señor.

- - - Updated - - -

You can disagree with how I play all you want. Your server...your rules, I get it. But for you to act like you know my intentions for doing anything is ludicrous. As I stated earlier, I used a VPN to login to find out why I was banned. No-one answered, and I was repeatedly booted for what at the time seemed to be without reason. You have explained yourself, and while I disagree with your conclusions it is what it is. It just seems funny that I get banned for three days, when people come on that server and repeatedly curse/insult other players while sabotaging games because they dont like the play mod. It seems...arbitrary. Just my opinion.
    dude
    I tell you this mod
    is ... great lmao
    Last edited by Fnx; 01-25-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    CDQMCP

Thread Information