Super Mine glitch Higor? - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Question,

Can't this whole dumb super mine glitch thing be avoided by checking the Touch() event instead of the silly method it uses now? I haven't used Touch() event enough to know the ins and outs of it but isn't efficient in the sense that it doesn't need the actor list? I bet Ferali can answer that Also why don't we just replace super mines with mega mines?

--- Updated ---

Unlike checking an iterator periodically on a tick or timer isn't the touch event called the moment that someone touches it? Then again.... sigh.... there has got to be a reason it wasn't used in the first place.

Oh BTW SPAM VICTORY!

Already solved, since I optimized the mines, they use a big trigger as collision hull.
    This trigger reports to the mine everytime a valid enemy touches it, and then the mine does the visibility checks on reported objects.

I simply added a Timer() call on the object report function to force an explosion right away.

This also brings down to 0% the chance of surviving a mined tele if somebody crossed it using a super booster (i'd say around 1 out of 4 managed to get thru without dying).

==========
    The old method consisted on running RadiusActors iterators, i guess that's another reason the processing was moved to Timers instead of Ticks... imagine 40 mines running those iterators on each frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Question,

Can't this whole dumb super mine glitch thing be avoided by checking the Touch() event instead of the silly method it uses now? I haven't used Touch() event enough to know the ins and outs of it but isn't efficient in the sense that it doesn't need the actor list? I bet Ferali can answer that Also why don't we just replace super mines with mega mines?
    We discussed how mines should be handled in some detail back in the day when Higor was just providing code reviews and not developing anything for real.

The biggest problem with Touch, it's the fact that Touch still activates even if the mine doesn't see you, but gets touched in its collision, which leads to the need of visibility checks, but then again the Touch list only allows for 4 actors to be registered, which means that by using a flak or any way to generate at least 4 actors within its collision would pretty much deactivate the mine for you, so you could pass safely.

Personally, with my own mines in my mod, what I did was to create a specific pawn list, and I add and remove pawns from it as the *valid* pawns (pawns which are valid enemies) touch and "untouch" the mine sensing field. It also has a Timer (running each 0.1 seconds), but which is only activated while there are pawns within it to check the moment they get visible, so the mine can explode.
    Sure, this still opens a 0.1 seconds window when all the planets are aligned, and I could check things every tick in this case since the list is optimized and very small all the time, but I am not worried tbh since they're part of a weapon pack and not an actual gametype where they're critical.

The touchers are registered in the Mine, with a proper valid enemy pawn array (8 elements).

On the timer:
    Validity check (health, team) to discard a registered object.
    Touch check (outside of the trigger's collision cylinder) to discard a registered object.
    Distance check (touching the cylinder) to preserve the spheric explosion detection.
    Visibility check at last (due to processing times) to trigger the explosion.

The array size isn't bad at all, since only living pawns outside of visibility and distance are kept in storage. (doubt 8 players will group behind an enemy supermined wall, if that's even possible at all).

Using these tricks for win... your gameplay sucks, idk how you are moderator, camp all matches and keep using coward tatics like the one of this thread

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    adrian i wouldnt talk about coward tactics and using every possible opportunity to your advantage. remember diego? or have you forgotten your so called ut tweaks that were in fact illegal? yeah thought so.

my point wasnt "tarring you with the same brush as SK" it was merely the same as chis' where you shouldnt be using exploits in public games when you know about it and what it can do to help your team. specially in maps where the tele leads to an enemies base.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Chronox View Post
    Think this through people, you act like if he had haxed with chams and super aimbot or something.
    Don't hackusate or accuse someone without proof... Yeah he may have admitted he tried an "exploit", but its nothing THAT critical....

Gather proof or evidence before that.

Just patch the S.Mine and this particular problem will be gone.

If you can´t take any chances just put a watchman or something, just in case.

I NO way did i start this thread to accuse higor of cheating all the time or to question his loyalty to siege dev.

All i wanted was an answer to how he could pass through and fire a nuke in a mined tele as to me that shows the SM isnt doing his job properly, one time i would have put it down to luck but i counted 4 explosions that made it through the tele, of course using it in public isnt a good idea as its no different to a bot or other type of cheat that gives you advantage over the rest of the server but that doesnt make Higor a cheater or anything else derogatory, he didnt try to be sneaky and hide it, cant really conceal a nuke blast so therefore i dont see it as he did anything majorly wrong, just exploited a glitch in the SM and has now already announced it will be patched so its all good.

Innocent until proven guilty, so i think everyone needs to be thinking in a way that higor is doing nothing wrong, sure may be a bit trigger happy with kicks or w/e sometimes but no one has the right to blatantly accuse someone of wrongdoing, that is out of order to do.

remember, piss off a developer or insult them to bad and you will lose them, there are not very many developers left any more, ferali has had enough of the UT community, i have built the last RocketX i am ever going to make, its just not worth it for the amount of shit we have to take being thrown at us like we are the communities bitch.

again i stress, Higor in no way tried to hide the glitch, so imo it was just "wonder if i can do it again" kind of thinking, cheaters or people using hacks do their best to hide them.

i firmly believe anyone who has insulted or accused Higor in this thread of serious cheating needs to apologise to him.

This reminds me, there's a secret tele spot in CTF-Kanjar inside the truck, exploit it while you can.

The one in the lava? eh really?

Thread Information