Combo :) - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Combo :)

I'm very happy to see NewNet getting the attention it needs in other game types. TimTim has done a great thing but he's mostly focused on insta afaik. I think NN is still buggy in NW, too, so more people hacking on it is a good thing. I used to see a lot of this "no damage" shots even in zp and right now it's way worse in the server but the potential for improvement is much better with NN. Big ups to Higor.

I think this mod is a good idea, this really make sense dont kill enemy in fist combo, but combo instagib is combo instagib, this could be puted in other way in mapvote, if ppl liked it then they will vote it like normal weapons,(dont understand like offence, the servers is not mine, only my opinion)

I can follow with this new mod but I think will see less players in the server, same left bcs of the bugs that are leeting us crazy (hit lot of times the enemys and die by one hit)

The idea is cool, gona try this

Is newnet the mod or some new netcode fixes?
    What I noticed:
    Player suicides when making alt shots.
    The reported issue of primary doing little damage after hitting someone else's combo.
    Normal Weapons no longer uses the xloc, but grapple instead.
    Some maps with jump pads stopped working.
    Tickrate is at 100 up from 60.

Sam, you can always rollback to ZP + PURE if u want.
    The new ComboGib mutator should work 100% fine, with ball limitation included.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Why don't you run this mod on a different server and keep it the way it is? The server the way it is, is always full and always gives good game play no matter how bad or good the competition is. If it's too expensive to run a different server with this mod, PM me with pricing details and I'd help out with the current combogib server.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    It's a bug. If you read the full thread you would know that the bug has been acknowledge.

ComboGib is not standard UT play. So it's not easy to make. Instagib comes built into UT so it's pretty easy. Basically the ComboGib rifle has to be hacked (serverside) to give the damage to gib a player. However, the new hack around newnet (due to it's nature) makes it quite difficult. Nevertheless, it will be resolved. Patience is appreciated
    Well, I am sorry for jumping off the bandwagon so soon. I should have read the entire thread (not a big reader- expected such an important detail in the headlines..lol). I like Krips post about making a PSA about it.

However, now that I have read it, I think the idea is actually really cool. Whoever did make this mod really knows what this game is about.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Well, I am sorry for jumping off the bandwagon so soon. I should have read the entire thread (not a big reader- expected such an important detail in the headlines..lol). I like Krips post about making a PSA about it.

However, now that I have read it, I think the idea is actually really cool. Whoever did make this mod really knows what this game is about.
    The mod itself is fine however just played on the server and it makes for some really uneven teams. All the noobs who used to do OK with ball spamming are struggling big time so now there's only 1 or 2 decent players on each team. Before at least the crappiest of players could make somewhat of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    All the noobs who used to do OK with ball spamming are struggling big time
    good

newnet is pretty much zp but tweaked meaning therecis some fixed bugs. Newnet is only good for IG, while in normal weapons its pretty horrible. For nw stick with ZP.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

It's so crap man. Just had 2 games. 3 combos and the person is still alive. Almost everyone's complaining.

Thread Information