User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

doobie Itchy_Ballz DeluxeOrgasm<3

Removing each other's forcefield.

Again, unless a building is so bad that it would break a team's neck there's no reason for you to remove anything.
    Banned for 100 matches or explain yourself here.

Chis, I would respectfully request that the server remove my ban. First, allow me to apologize for removing the forcefield on Niven. I understand the rules, and will be mindful in the future of removing other peoples builds.

Having said that, I would like to get something off my chest (if allowed). During that match, myself, and a few other teammates all requested that the builder remove his forcefield. I even went so far as to privately request it from the builder, and was in friendly conversation as to why the build was a bad build, and hurting the team. The conversation was friendly, and not bitter.

I also feel like a forcefield build in a map like Niven is paramount to someone building a leech for the other team. In a spam map like Niven, sometimes the only way to fight your way out of your spawn zone is to fight spam with spam. If someone builds an FF between your supplier and the front door, your team can get pinned instantly. By the time you pass your own ff, you are greeted with opponents that have max health, and are spamming non-stop. You simply do not stand a chance. It can break a teams neck if they are already playing behind the curve.

While I understand this is no justification for removing someones build it can be frustrating on a spam map like Niven. In the future, when builds like this occur, I will grin and bear it and wont remove it.

Given how my Niven games go (95% chance of ground advantage and victory), I can confirm that placing a forcefield on that curve does nothing other than delay the inevitable, wasting 1600 early RU best used on something else.

I always save up the Niven forcefield for extreme occasions, like forcefielding a forward teleporter.
    If going to use it defensively, place it barely behind the supplier to stop direct rocket fire from spam-killing you (leaves you at low health, but allows you to spam outside) and force nukers to go through it (SUPERMINE!) in order to harm the core.

Hello, and may I explain (cough cough) I wanted to make a ff but the other guy already did it near core where it is useless so i removed it and made it closer to door but! someone whose name i dont remember was pming me and saying to remove it cause he can't door spam cause whole noob team was spamming so I removed it. 100 Spiele sehr nett ∟_∟

Quote Originally Posted by itchy_ballz View Post
    Chis, I would respectfully request that the server remove my ban. First, allow me to apologize for removing the forcefield on Niven. I understand the rules, and will be mindful in the future of removing other peoples builds.

Having said that, I would like to get something off my chest (if allowed). During that match, myself, and a few other teammates all requested that the builder remove his forcefield. I even went so far as to privately request it from the builder, and was in friendly conversation as to why the build was a bad build, and hurting the team. The conversation was friendly, and not bitter.

I also feel like a forcefield build in a map like Niven is paramount to someone building a leech for the other team. In a spam map like Niven, sometimes the only way to fight your way out of your spawn zone is to fight spam with spam. If someone builds an FF between your supplier and the front door, your team can get pinned instantly. By the time you pass your own ff, you are greeted with opponents that have max health, and are spamming non-stop. You simply do not stand a chance. It can break a teams neck if they are already playing behind the curve.

While I understand this is no justification for removing someones build it can be frustrating on a spam map like Niven. In the future, when builds like this occur, I will grin and bear it and wont remove it.
    Unbanned.

Thanks for explaining itchy_ballz. Although I don't agree with you I told fleece to unban you.
    In that particular game the forcefield actually helped us because it forced all those people spamming from the supplier - which usually is the downfall in Niven - to move their asses out of the base.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by deluxeorgasm View Post
    Hello, and may I explain (cough cough) I wanted to make a ff but the other guy already did it near core where it is useless so i removed it and made it closer to door but! someone whose name i dont remember was pming me and saying to remove it cause he can't door spam cause whole noob team was spamming so I removed it. 100 Spiele sehr nett ∟_∟
    Just because you declare it useless doesn't give you the right to remove it. I am pretty sure you wouldn't be happy if I removed everything I don't like that you build, which would be close to 100% of your buildings.
    Also, tone down your slanders in game.

Anyway, unbanned.

Doobie is not register (yet)
    and this is what he wrote to me:

Did you ever notice that Uk's bans dont really match the infraction?

I just got banned 100 games for removing a 'poorly placed' FF twice.

Another player 'Slut<3' also removed it twice because it was placed poorly and killing our defense.

So. Can you do anything about this?

100 games? Really?

Fair enough. Reduced it to 30 since it's his first offence I think, thus the ban is lifted.

classic example of "too many chiefs" all making the best decisions for the team, good explanations and reasoning but also just got taught the hard way that if the player who put it there will not remove it then you need to leave it OR you take SS of you asking them and their reply, if they refuse or ignore then take several SS of the item that needs to be removed, if you strongly feel it is damaging the team and you do go ahead and remove it then at least you have proof of why you did it and will seperate you from the idiots who remove for no reason. this ladies and gerbils is called "covering your ass"

niven should have been removed from maplist years ago

Thread Information