SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 9

User Tag List

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    0019 on the servers listed on my signature.
    Removing the crossed out points in first post.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

odd Crash ...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mesh 'Diamond'.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	2573

• ScriptWarning: LCStatics None (Function LCWeapons_0015.LCStatics.ffTraceShot:007A) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Fighter' not found in Mesh 'Diamond'ScriptWarning: LCStatics None (Function LCWeapons_0015.LCStatics.ffTraceShot:007A) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Fighter' not found in Mesh 'Diamond'
      ScriptWarning: LCStatics None (Function LCWeapons_0015.LCStatics.ffTraceShot:007A) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Fighter' not found in Mesh 'Diamond'
      ScriptWarning: NexgenABMModeratePanel Transient.NexgenABMModeratePanel0 (Function Nexgen112N.NexgenRCPModerate.playerSelected:0050) Accessed None
      ScriptWarning: UT_Eightball CTF-Niven.UT_Eightball8326 (Function Botpack.UT_Eightball.ClientReload.AnimEnd:0026) Accessed NoneScriptWarning: NexgenABMModeratePanel Transient.NexgenABMModeratePanel0 (Function Nexgen112N.NexgenRCPModerate.playerSelected:0050) Accessed None

Log available by request [Mesh 'Diamond' - UnrealTournament.log]

On the topic of FingerPrints: ..

I haven't run multiple clients lately, but I will proceed with further examination, however...
    since it's monitoring your client connection, perhaps it could also send a message or some sort of notification that your fingerprint was attempted and a log entry (owning clients log perhaps?).

A couple quick ideas. Please like or dislike as appropriate:

- Mines should be 1/3 of their hp. They build far too quickly and block for five seconds or more.
    - The ape cannon should refill at 1/20 of its speed. The other "super weapons" could refill with the same.

Siege fingerprints aren't stored, they simply serve the purpose of ingame identification to make stats and score recovery possible, nothing else.

Can we get armor to update as fast as HP (and display properly like for when you have more than the standard 150 armor when donning a toxin suit), or is that an engine limitation?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Can we get armor to update as fast as HP (and display properly like for when you have more than the standard 150 armor when donning a toxin suit), or is that an engine limitation?
    I've tried to get around it countless of times, It's a very special and hardcoded condition I'm yet to find.

Known facts
    - Armors appear to update every ~1 second.
    - Item has a maximum update rate of the lowest between NetUpdateFrequency and 4 (hardcoded)
    - Relevancy loop does not evaluate variables, only actors to send.
    - When I duplicated the Update Rate on the item, the armor value updated every 0.5 second.
    - On listen servers (player is host), the Charge update limitation doesn't exist (it updates as fast as other properties).

Guesses:
    - Armor properties have special replication conditions:
    -- If you don't own the item, all you get is the weapon's appearance and other basic things (inherited from Actor)
    -- All item specific properties (charge, ammotype, ammo amount, etc) aren't sent to non-owners.
    -- A few properties (ex: charge) appear to update only once every 4 loops (4hz > 1 update a second).

So far I disassembled the relevancy loop, and rewrote it completely, disassembled the update rate functions on items and nothing.
    I took a quick look at the compiled code of the function that picks which variables to send, and Charge didn't have any special rules either.
    So this weird rule is deeply hidden within the engine and I'm yet to find it, I guess it's somewhere around the comparison between the current and old versions of the item (where the engine determines which properties to update).

Can we now finally get the walk in tele back on pls jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    Can we now finally get the walk in tele back on pls jesus christ.
    That's a bug

--- Updated ---

In the meantime, I'll start LCWeapons_0016.

Added extra bugs to list.

Thread Information