How does one.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How does one.....

....Build a fan SC on niven?

make a tele in the fan and then make the sc

Yeah... I tried doing that, by making the tele through the grate. I then teleport straight into the fan blades and get killed. I suppose a very faffy way of building it might be to make the tele through the grate, then use a translocator to zip to the safe side of the fan. But with enemies around there's a good risk of losing a lot of RU. There has to be a better way than this, right?

I'm also curious to know how you build a nuke room in bathrooms and kanjar. I would guess that it's done via a small tele gap (like the kind you can build on Clarion to get through to core), but I can never find these

Hi

You can make tele some places through at the wall or glass

Niven make tele through at the fan wall and make a platform and the blades dont kill you, make sp inside and you can protect your buildings

In this video not all things works but you can find the bathrooms nukeroom

Such an old video... most of pulse and RC into walls don't work... same with transing past SC

@BONZ Kanjar make a tele through any of the windows but are very easy to kill nukes since those windows you can.edit through. But to make a tele in the mid window you need to piston on the ledge if I'm not mistaken.

Bathrooms my way is to make a toxin suit and make a tele inside the drainage. When the tele is working, go through the tele and remove it. Then make tele through the right, it will be northwest, wall facing on the opposite of the mirror (If your looking up and see the mirror your on the wrong side). The other way if it's still available just make a tele through the second cabinet this one will cause many fails.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWing View Post
    Such an old video... most of pulse and RC into walls don't work... same with transing past SC
    "In this video not all things works but you can find the bathrooms nukeroom"
    Last edited by Stormy; 12-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    ....Build a fan SC on niven?
    That would depend on the version of Niven you are playing ... the Public Siege map CTF-Niven for example is a matter of

... building a teleporter thru the wall at the right "spot" (at a location that will land you inside of it, but not in the spinning blades of the fan -where you would die!)

Once your inside and still alive ...

...build something to "land on" to avoid falling to your death in the spinning blades when you 'use' the teleporter.

Once your inside and still alive, and able to STAY alive ...

... the location of the SuperContainer itself plays a heavy role in the 'strength of repairing Builds' and 'ease of enemy destruction'. So choose wisely and build defensive weapons to protect your masterpiece.
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 12-16-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    That would depend on the version of Niven you are playing ... the Public Siege map CTF-Niven for example is a matter of

... building a teleporter thru the wall at the right "spot" (at a location that will land you inside of it, but not in the spinning blades of the fan -where you would die!)

Once your inside and still alive ...

...build something to "land on" to avoid falling to your death in the spinning blades when you 'use' the teleporter.

Once your inside and still alive, and able to STAY alive ...

... the location of the SuperContainer itself plays a heavy role in the 'strength of repairing Builds' and 'ease of enemy destruction'. So choose wisely and build defensive weapons to protect your masterpiece.
    This is the million dollar question- where can you teleport through to the fan area that won't get you killed? Players like Higor and Keyser Soze will reliably build a fan SC in every Niven game, so I reckon there's a method different to the crap one that I explained earlier using the tele through the grate.

Thread Information