Questionable Tactics.... - Page 13

User Tag List

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    This is the worst kind of bad building choice a team has to deal with. The side effect is NUKE SPAM from people sneaking in behind the door and leeching CONTINUOUSLY or park in the spot your screen shot CLEARLY shows has a nice little sheltered camping spot to attack the SP/Container combo leech.

This one I also saw recently in Chimplex, built by CHIMP too ironically. And it actually performed BETTER than the standard method of putting 2 SP's IN the Base entrance (which are leechable from outside the door and sometimes even with the door CLOSED). Chimps method actually survived multiple nukes/EMP assaults. I give this one a "Thumbs Up" +1!

This one... well.. the containers will repair the container that is repairing those containers, of course.

Building like this is worse than building standard container leeches in the middle of a legitimate game, as these sorts of leeches can't be fully removed. This sort of building endangers one's entire team. I'm starting to think that I need to write and upload a building guide. Hell, I might even narrate one and put it on YouTube.
    Actually, a Guide for Building in Siege would be dependent on Map type and number of players in a match. So it would be difficult. It's almost easier to just take on the role of 'mentor' while in spectate mode and TRY to start a conversation with a player and ask him why he builds like he does (I like the opening comment to really 'grab' them, "What the HELL are you DOING?). Which is borderline Spec Cheating/Clan Recruiting/Profiling for future team mates in MLSG Tournaments. All of which I agree can and should be done, in moderation of course.

Which is why forcefields only deliver half the ru compared to other builds.
    It's durable, big as hell and blocks translocator targets. Paired with a mine behind it it's an almost flawless defense.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Bridging the GAP, Leeching in the new RC is much different, but the Trolls under the Platform Bridge struck again.

8 Nukes killed? All in one run?.... nice moves |uK|lotrFAN, but how ever did you do it.

[45:22] |uK|lotafun69 bye bye blue nukes
    [45:14] |uK|lotafun69 8 nukekills now
    [44:56] Higor how?
    [44:51] |uK|lotafun69 took nuke room
    [44:48] |uK|lotafun69 l3l
    [44:35] Snipeforthekill !s
    [44:30] .seVered.][²º¹³ rage quit
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 11-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Just why.

And with regard to those other builds with the Super Containers, the reason I'm so strongly against them is mainly because of nukes - It's very, very easy to throw down an EMP and make a quick trans to the front or into the base to nuke and stock up on more than RU spent to make the entire attack, especially if a teammate nukes alongside you. The worst part is that the player who got their team into such a situation will likely rebuild in exactly the same way even if the nuke-leech dies.
    Last edited by Scourge; 11-07-2012 at 03:01 PM.

The policy should be, "If it can be SHOT by the enemy from FAR AWAY, IT WILL!!" Might wanna bind that to key so they get the message. Like "Don't build something that can be SHOT FROM FAR AWAY!" or "More than 2 containers close together is a leech"

ROFL, those leeches are my best RU sources.
    I intentinally swap my target so that the leech doesn't die, and I keep leeching all the way up to double neutron.

PS: Mines are yummy leeches as well, it just takes a few seconds of your time to scope and scan your screen for those, killing them provides around 100 ru and saves the life of a teammate.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The funny thing is that I thought he'd gotten past this stage.

Asking to be front door nuked...

ಠ_ಠ

Someone has GOT to get CHIMP to register at our forum. He's a legend. I'm STILL wondering if he's a bot that I forgot to shut off on the server at Berkley, back in the 80's. Hmmm.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    he tried adding me on facebook the other day

Thread Information