User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    yeah add more weapons to mid before FIXING the constructor.

weve just played 4 pugs in a row and the constructor is buggy as fuck, if you wont fix it put the old one back because it was PERFECTLY fine how it was.

i made a trans instead of rocket cannons, i made TWO MINES IN A ROW instead of a game ending TELE and as a result i was anally raped on my RU count because i ended up with 0 RU. add to that the tele i made after fucking around with the constructor for more then two mins was killed. so fucking fix it!
    everyone is asking for fix this constructor, please do it
    is really annoying play with this crazy constructor, on this pug i made nuke... 2 minutes after, i made boots, belt for nuke, but when i was pick the nuke, where is it? on nuke spot had a trans! AGAIN!

blaze made a nice tele on their base and when made on our got belt kkkkk
    it's funny right? no =(

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Make all armor absorption percentage customizeable in the .ini
    Make damage amp's damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
    Ok.

Make the WRE's base fireing rate and damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
    It would be nice to be able to customize all weapons base fireing rates and base damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
    I will think about that one, since in that order of ideas then the momentum transfer and splash would have to be customizable too.
    If I make that one I won't be adding it to menus though, the pain is just too great to add those for each and every weapon menu right now.

would it be possible to make Nukes damage actors as opposed to specific actors such as triggers pawns annd such? for example the gateways in gauntlet are a subclass of actor.
    It's possible, although I wanted to avoid it due to processing. I can add the option though (disabled by default, and which you can enable later for gateways yourself ).

Make JumpBoots jump height customizeable in the .ini
    Ok.

Make the Executioner's base damage and base fire rate customizeable.
    The base damage you can tweak already on this weapon (check the NWeaponsCfg.ini TheExecutioner section, if you look at the settings you will figure out which one is about damage ), but not the firerate... yet.

Swearing and being abusive is not the way to get things fixed.
    Submitting a bug report is. You can do that here, or at the official thread
    Forums - Nali Weapons 3 Mod for Unreal Tournament - Mod DB

Notice how well professional people like Ferali respond to well phrased clear and concise requests.
    I advise people who like to stamp their feet and have a hissy-fit, do it in front of a mirror. You will get more fulfilment.
    If you can see what the error is in the code, then feel free to get angry if it is a stupid error, when you submit your correct code.
    If in-fact you have no idea what is actually wrong, and you have nothing to add, then just stick to the facts or the symptoms and errors in your logs.

This is a brand new release, created by 1 man, beta tested by a small group of busy people with jobs and real lives. If you are expecting flawless perfection with v1, then get real.
    We are here to learn and share. Be one of them. It is more rewarding than pointing fingers and shouting.

Peace-out :victorious:

Thanks Dr.Flay, but I'm afraid there's a little misunderstanding there.
    The guys over there are not complaining about this pack, they are actually complaining about the latest Siege updates (to which my work isn't related at all).

However I must say that the way some users express their frustrations over the devs is worthy of the middle finger and an immediate "goodbye" (this is why I stopped developing RX and never actually developed anything Siege related either besides one or another small fix). So yeah, Higor and all the Siege devs (with a few exceptions uK is certainly aware about) deserve respect in trying to optimize and fix things, while giving them something new to play at the same time... free of charge and in their (likely short) free time.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 11-16-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    Thanks Dr.Flay, but I'm afraid there's a little misunderstanding there.
    The guys over there are not complaining about this pack, they are actually complaining about the latest Siege updates (to which my work isn't related at all).

However I must say that the way some users express their frustrations over the devs is worthy of the middle finger and an immediate "goodbye" (this is why I stopped developing RX and never actually developed anything Siege related either besides one or another small fix). So yeah, Higor and all the Siege devs (with a few exceptions uK is certainly aware about) deserve respect in trying to optimize and fix things, while giving them something new to play at the same time... free of charge and in their (likely short) free time.
    I agree with you there. I am honestly disgusted sometimes at the attitudes towards bugs and work someone is giving for free...I can only apologise to @Higor and encourage his work is good, because it simply is.

Sorry for getting on my high-horse, but I tend to find those that shout and swear the most, are the least likely to be genuinely helpful.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    I can be helpful but when developers dont listen to players who like me or any other uK member or oldschool sieger do polls before changing things its kind of pointless of us even being here. simply because we know how siege plays and what could be good, what WOULD be good, and what will DEFINITELY be bad

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    I can be helpful but when developers dont listen to players who like me or any other uK member or oldschool sieger do polls before changing things its kind of pointless of us even being here. simply because we know how siege plays and what could be good, what WOULD be good, and what will DEFINITELY be bad
    TRUE!

Well, I am not sure if you guys play other FPS games besides UT, but at least I play and atm I am an avid FPS gamer in another game (BLR), and I played plenty of them around (mostly F2P games).
    What I saw is that, although players can discuss what's good and bad, fact is that many times players don't actually know what they want, it's that simple (keep in mind these games have much more players than what UT will ever have, and they have oldskoolers too, players since beta stages).

Yeah, you can do polls, and probably some things may be bad as expected, however sometimes it actually turns to be the other way around, I have seen that happening tons of times.
    I cannot count the amount of times players flamed the devs about some announced game change or new weapons which looked a bit OP, and that in the end players ended up loving both and finding said weapon very balanced.

Plus, doing polls is highly ineffective and unreliable, and I will explain you why: most players don't visit forums, and they have likely different opinions than you, so doing polls may have a result that in the end 90% of the players don't like, and which you "oldskoolers" actually enforced upon them. If the devs go by the opinion of solely these oldskoolers every single time, mark my words: the game will stagnate and die. Oldskoolers *do NOT* know best, they surely have very valid opinions, but if we go by their opinions every time nothing ever will be changed, which means no improvement and no evolution, and 90% of the players will just get bored eventually and leave.

The only reason uK Siege has been popular during the past years is due to active development, due to new stuff being introduced and even new mechanics. Sure, again, some of them may be bad, but nor you nor me nor the developer knows until it's actually tried in production to check the player's opinions. In this case, it's either removed or improved, but that gives the players no right whatsoever to disrespect the developer at all at any given moment, specially if said developers try to improve things for free in their free time, which most players seem to easily forget.

Whoever doesn't like something, *POLITELY* discuss about it, don't come with sarcasms, flames and that sort of BS over the devs, and probably your points will be taken more seriously, otherwise said devs can simply drop the development and let the game stagnate by itself, and I am pretty sure that won't fix things.

And again, I reiterate: many times players do not actually know what they want until they actually try, and you have tons of examples worldwide of ideas what were thought to be "stupid" and ended up the most popular things ever.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 11-17-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Ferali posts the truth. It is piss taking to see you idiots take advantage of higor and take him for granted. Things don't get better when things are stale and old instead they die. @Higor's goal was to optimise siege code which was needed very very badly and I'm really glad he is spending his FREE time to do all this work. If you guys think it's easy then by all means. Learn uscript do it yourself and do a better job while we sit here riding you up the bumhole about unforseen bugs due to oversight or just plain human error.

Thread Information