Super Mine glitch Higor? - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Will patch that for RC20

^ Nice to know.
    However, if you don't mind, don't do it again Higor.
    I think I speak for everyone when I say that exploiting such "flaws" in the middle of a game is lame.
    "With power comes responsibility."
    You did exploit such things in the past knowingly the reason and flaws behind them, before you became the "official" Siege developer of sort to speak, so this wouldn't be first time, but perhaps it's a good idea this to be the last time you do so, since as the current main developer, you should serve the example in-game and close these exploits as soon as you realize about them, and not abuse them while no one questions you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Well it's possible that most of the time developers have been making mods and then come out to find a bug to fix... They'll try to go against it and see if it work or not. & then so some suggestion for it to be modified or however... but I still appreciate Higor, he is awesome coder as well for what he done here. & for every other.
    I don't want to add wood to the fire, since Higor will close the exploit.
    However, since it came to this, I have to be blatantly honest here: if someone finds an exploit, it's ok check into it and try it once, and it's ok to hide it from others so lamers don't use it, but it's NOT ok to use it himself in the middle of a game. He stated himself: he failed 4 times and succeeded in 1, which suggests he knew this "design flaw" beforehand and tried it 5 times in the middle of an actual game, which is wrong and should not be repeated imo.

Anyway, moving on, Higor said he is going to patch it in the next version, so I guess it's all good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Will patch that for RC20
    Roger that.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    whos to say you arent exploiting other things that we dont know about?

i dont really trust you anymore cant say the same for the other head admins

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    damn son 2nd SK akka koala.

This is Exactly what it comes down to. Someone else takes the ball and follows down the same path as SK. It would be foolish for anyone to act like it's not possible. However I don't know Higor well enough or seen him play myself to say he's the next Silent Koala. However from my past wisdom I will give you all a warning. If he's following in Silent Koala's footsteps you're in trouble. His skills are of a much higher magnitude then Silent Koala's was. He probably has the knowledge to hide things so well it would be nearly impossible to find concrete evidence. Silent Koala was clumsy in the past and gave himself away MULTIPLE TIMES, Higor wouldn't be that clumsy. He's an adept coder and has a great understanding on how unreal works as you all can probably tell from each of his posts. The warning however is that only makes him the more deadlier...
    I encourage you all to carry out your own investigations and come up with your own thoughts from there. I cannot offer any evidence to either confirm or deny he's abusing his talent's like Silent Koala unfortunately decided to do If you want the truth you'll have to come up with your own answers. My concern is with how adept his skills are he would never present that opportunity so easily for any of us to find any evidence. Higor won't leave any breadcrumbs for you to find in his content and if he did you would have to at least be at his level or above so you need to take your investigations a more social level to gather anything. The first place you would look would be in Higor's attitude. Traits like arrogance and bad sportsmanship may be your first clues. Next thing to think about is how far do you think this guy would go to win a game? Does winning mean just about everything to him? Also think, has he ever used any kind of glitch before in the game even a common one others would be aware of? For example would he be the kind of guy that would multi gun? (I know multi gunning might have been fixed ages ago and be considered irrelevant to you but still think in the scenario it existed if he would) I could go on but I hope most of you understand the gist of what I'm getting at here. You would have to consider investigating this at a social level first since I believe his code would be obfuscated.
    Higor, I will let you know I have nothing against you. I simple don't know enough about you. I simply want the community to be aware of the possible danger and I believe Silent Koala should serve as a stern warning to everyone that they have the right to have their doubts. I don't know if anyone here knows this but after I think months passed after Silent Koala's exile from the |uK| community he came to my server (((GateWays))) and I gave him a chance there. After a while suspicions once again raised up once he quickly raised up on the top 10 board so I gave him a test personalized for him. I deliberately uploaded one of the older versions of his Bad Neighbors Ultimate map and came on with a name no one has ever seen before and we played a game of siege. Not even two minutes into a game and he activated his embedded cheat mutator and my server side mutator intercepted his command and he was busted again. I found out exactly what I was looking for and that is if he's given the chance to cheat would he take it? In short, I deliberately baited him with his own map just to test him to see if he would bite the hook. From there I disposed of him and the rest is history. This may be irrelevant to the concern here but since we were talking about Silent Koala I figured I'd take the chance to tell you what happened from where you left off of and it serves as a small reminder that some people don't change in regards to cheating. I remember Silent Koala's attitude all to well too. His attitude can be a template of other cheaters as well.

I just hope in the event that exploits are found that the |uK| administration does the right thing and go straight to immediate exile because if you give someone like Silent Koala another chance they will only get better at hiding their exploits. However somebody's skills like Higor might not ever be so careless like Silent Koala and get discovered.

Good Luck, Enjoy The TLDR
    - nOs*Wildcard

Oh BTW SPAM VICTORY!

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    whos to say you arent exploiting other things that we dont know about?

i dont really trust you anymore cant say the same for the other head admins
    I AM, SAM is, SHIVA is... .. and of course ... HE IS... so please don't blow this out of proportion.

My opinion is there SHOULD be a delay with the SuperMine and it's strength should be DECREASED. So that this option is at least possible. But someone 'else' decided the mines should have the strength that they do now. Perhaps put it to a vote.
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 03-27-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Putting me in the same league as somebody who paid for an aimbot and added exploit commands to Siege and maps...
    Putting me in the same league as somebody who created a console cheat and added exploit commands to Siege...

My main motivation is research, I do things to learn and understand.
    I have no obligations, or debts here.

I will disappear as quickly as I showed up, the moment I feel this is no longer worth my time and dedication.
    That is my answer, and maybe the last one.

@Higor

I don't want you to think anyone is crucifying you. Don't take it personally. No one wants a repeat of SK and I can understand why people are posting the things they are and I hope you can too. At the same time though, you shouldn't have to pay for someone else's "mistakes"....Having said that though....I can't help but think this was a bit self induced but that doesn't mean everyone should tar you with the same brush as SK
    Last edited by SAM; 03-27-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Think this through people, you act like if he had haxed with chams and super aimbot or something.
    Don't hackusate or accuse someone without proof... Yeah he may have admitted he tried an "exploit", but its nothing THAT critical....

Gather proof or evidence before that.

Just patch the S.Mine and this particular problem will be gone.

If you can´t take any chances just put a watchman or something, just in case.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keep_calm_and_take_a_chill_pill_by_showdog12345-d4lqzhd.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	1150
    Last edited by |uK|Chronox; 03-27-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

Gotta agree with Fluke and Ferali, it was a mistake and it shouldn't happen again.
    Your work is really appreciated but the public server is not a testing place.

Thread Information