?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ?

?

I was 'warned' not to 'lift jump' on the lift on Gauntlet. I played it for a bit because players were coming in that way. So, carrying on with play later, I spawned, ran out the base and ran my route to fall down the elevator shaft to the bottom. Banned. My appeal #1 I didn't lift jump/lift camp, I was defending a section that had people coming in. #2 After the warning, I questioned the 'lift jump' warning in the server with no response and stayed away from it for a few minutes after each spawn. And since my warning on bridge-woot for skip jumping a long time ago, I have tried to enforce that to others I see doing that by telling them to say !rules and to abide by the no 'bouncing' policy so no one gets unintentionally banned, and that's after that player's been doing it a bit. My guess is there was no admin around to call that or no one wanting to speak up.
    I took a SS of the ban screen that didn't state a reason, but after years of playing I suppose there's a limit on the number of SS's you can store, because the last one recorded for me was back in December 2012 and it's SS#255, so I haven't got the SS to show you. I read another post that suggested from SAM to give a date and approximate time that instance occurred/ 4-7 approx. 3 am eastern time U.S.
    -nero.tdn
    Last edited by Tusculum; 04-07-2013 at 03:48 AM.

I'll take a look Nero. Lift jump as in where you jump just as you get to top and it gives you air time right ?
    Last edited by SAM; 04-07-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Is this for instagib/combo?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Is this for instagib/combo?
    Was instagib us Chamberly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tusculum View Post
    I was 'warned' not to 'lift jump' on the lift on Gauntlet. I played it for a bit because players were coming in that way. So, carrying on with play later, I spawned, ran out the base and ran my route to fall down the elevator shaft to the bottom. Banned. My appeal #1 I didn't lift jump/lift camp, I was defending a section that had people coming in. #2 After the warning, I questioned the 'lift jump' warning in the server with no response and stayed away from it for a few minutes after each spawn. And since my warning on bridge-woot for skip jumping a long time ago, I have tried to enforce that to others I see doing that by telling them to say !rules and to abide by the no 'bouncing' policy so no one gets unintentionally banned, and that's after that player's been doing it a bit. My guess is there was no admin around to call that or no one wanting to speak up.
    I took a SS of the ban screen that didn't state a reason, but after years of playing I suppose there's a limit on the number of SS's you can store, because the last one recorded for me was back in December 2012 and it's SS#255, so I haven't got the SS to show you. I read another post that suggested from SAM to give a date and approximate time that instance occurred/ 4-7 approx. 3 am eastern time U.S.
    -nero.tdn
    Firstly Tusculum you were not banned as you say you were you were kicked after the second warning and still carried on jumping on the lift and Sam can check there was no ban placed. I was spec’ing you how do you think a games starts in to laming back shooting dming ? and spoils it for others it Takes one person to start this so then the other team starts, there were no other players on blue team that jumped the lift so what made you special? .And far as ss go I have them of you on the lift and off it . In between spec’ing you and spec’ing other player’s every time I went back to the lift area on blue guess what you was there again and again. And I think the screenshot of warning you twice is self-explanatory so yes a reason was given. Also I would like to see the screenshot that said you took were you was banned and didn’t state a reason given. ? As no ban was placed. Time and date as you asked for are on the screenshots Tusculum i.e. Nero.tdn Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-49-44-09.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	1168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-49-29-12.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	1169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-49-46-19.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	1170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-49-56-83.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	1171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-50-03-69.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	1172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-53-36-57.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	1173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-53-38-20.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	1174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-54-46-05.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	1175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.UnrealTournament 2013-04-07 07-54-47-65.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	1176

I'm guessing that he is asking about the "ban" when he just got kicked... in your screen shot it mentioned that he would be banned (instead of kick). Another thing was he always there for most part on the game? If he was then I could see why...

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I'm guessing that he is asking about the "ban" when he just got kicked... in your screen shot it mentioned that he would be banned (instead of kick). Another thing was he always there for most part on the game? If he was then I could see why...
    Maybe so Charmberly he could be on about the key bind which is set in the xconsole so i guess i will have to re abbreviate that but he was kicked not banned if he had bothered to reconnect to the server he would have found out that he was not banned ,but also at the time i specked him and going back and forth to players every time i sore nero.tdn he was there around the lift as the screenshots show.

I wasn't aware that I was kicked and not banned. Fact of the matter is that most times I spawned I decided to run my route that way, as I run towards the opposing flag. It is quite simply the route I decided to run because I've noticed many times in the past no one else was tending to that area as they run/that's not 'me being so special' as Jass put it. If perhaps Jass had continued to watch my play he/she would've seen that I had several grabs and a cap. Jass, as for the SS you have wanted to see about the ban screen that doesn't give a reason, as I stated before apparently there's a space limit in the system folder for SS's. The last one recorded for me was back in December of 2012, and it's SS#255. So, even though I hit f9 to take a SS, it did not store it.
    So, my apologies for the misunderstanding. I do my best to abide by your server rules/coming from LGI the only rule was basically not to have an aimbot, all else was fair game as the way we played.
    As for shooting people in the back, it happens all the time to everyone and it's hard to moderate that.

nero,..(For Example)Defending the flag for 15 secs or more, twice...will make JaSs very suspicious,I don't know JaSs..but he seems pretty passionate about his job. He does a good job, but hell, I hardly even get on when he's in there..Very sensitive Playcaller.Lift jump? First I've ever heard of it...However...He is right though, if ones does it...the others will also,and well if it's against the Server Rules, then there ya go... But like I said, he does a good job.It's all good man,Peace.

when is lift jumping against the rules? You use lift jump in Bleak when you want to juke the enemy players. Now if it is lift camping, that is a different story.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

Thread Information