User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Combo :)

I will have to reinforce Shock rifle modification upon shot.
    I'll do it tomorrow.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Something similar to this maybe?

Code:
    var config float DamageScale;

function PostBeginPlay() {
      Super.PostBeginPlay();
      Level.Game.RegisterDamageMutator( Self );
    }

function MutatorTakeDamage( out int ActualDamage, Pawn Victim, Pawn InstigatedBy, out Vector HitLocation, out Vector Momentum, name DamageType) {
      if (DamageType!='Fell') {
        ActualDamage = ActualDamage * DamageScale;
      }
      Super.MutatorTakeDamage( ActualDamage, Victim, InstigatedBy, HitLocation, Momentum, DamageType );
    But in doing that, makes all damage amplified so alt will do insta kill unless there is a sanity check on alt fire.

I tried to find out more about the bug, It seems not to do it all the time, and there is still damage but only the default shockrifle damage value.
    It seems to do it after you spawn if you had shot some else's combo and died.

What happens is that the Shock Rifle is edited upon being created.
    This worked flawlessly on a vanilla shock arena test, and the ZP code should work 100% perfect as well, including with ball limitation which is built into the mutator.

Now we have NN, which uses various shockball variations... and likely edits the weapons' properties in mid use, ugh.

Is not better do a poll in the forum to vote if the players want change it?
    I do really preffer the old mod and lot of players in the server says same
    (I dont know really if u did it, I did come here becouse of this crazy change, did not watch the forum)

Saing about the mod, the rocket get weird in the screen

and to me was explainned that first fire kill instantly and the combo depend the proximity, thats that? or u are only testing for a while

Also it's great that grapple doesn't kill you know *Sticks middle fingers up to Cryni0(pwnit0), I-LOST ,Jazzecho*

Well @PK Jogando UT

It is the lack of this input that we make changes based on the people that do come to forum without knowing what the rest think. So this is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Well @PK Jogando UT

It is the lack of this input that we make changes based on the people that do come to forum without knowing what the rest think. So this is a good thing

This new mod is absolutely awful. You shoot someone with primary, nothing happens. You shoot them with a combo....nothing happens. Next time, they die. The fact that you have no idea if someone dies when you shoot them makes it one of the worst servers out there.

If people want instagib, they'll go to a insta server. People come to the comboinstagib for a variation of insta. Everyone on the server hates it. Eventually the server will go from one of the most popular to a server nobody uses. You'll see that within a month of this new mod. K.

The combo server in it's old state pre yesterday took roughly 6 months to perfect how it worked. It's based on old style zero ping which worked really well but was very hacky. The new mod that the new style is based no is much better and in the coming day or two the new one will be perfected to. Don't worry we won't let one me the most popular mods left in Ut die.

We are trying to enhance the experience and I'm confident it will work better once we have had the chance to perfect it. Bare with us

From what I tested shock does like 10 damages at times and only combo can kill people. Suiciding sometimes fixed it somehow

Thread Information