User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Combo :)

It's REALLY wonky right now. Seems almost random. About half the times it plays as normal but I've also primaried a player 6 times and he just kept trucking along (have also had the same thing happen to me - primaried 3-4 times in a row and lost about 20 health each time)

I played earlier and found that the weapon is not being modified at spawn -sometimes-

Suiciding fixes the issue. So...if your primary does not gib, just suicide for now.

Roger - also, in NW there is still a grapple instead of trans

Jump pads on d-daywoot are not working.

Honestly, I hate this mod. No offense to the person who did it. Go back to old. I shoot people like 4,5 times in a row and they don't die, then all of a sudden, they shoot me once and I'm dead.

Did I mention that I hate this mod. People played on server all the time in its previous form. Now, its just lame as fuck.

~monkey

edit: I may actually consider quitting ut

@monkey

It takes patience and time to perfect mods. Just like before you started playing on combo, there was a time the server was in full dev to make it what it is known as. Unless we are given time to refine things when we do make some updates, you won't get the full, refined, better experience you have come to expect.

Have some respect for people who actually put time onto making mods that have contributed towards the game being alive today. You have a choice really. Either you wait out a day or two until we fix these issues or you can quit. That's up to you. However, flaming people who make mods and receive nothing but criticism is really selfish of you. What do you do exactly? You come to play and leave. In a few years time you will probably quit UT. While we are still here providing the game servers. So actually our work is not just for today, stagnate and die. It's for tomorrow, the week, month, year, after you have stopped playing to encase the new players.

SO please have some decency and either provide some constructive feedback or just hold your mouth until we have this sorted. One, two days is nothing. I am sure you will survive. And for those who have "quit" the server for a couple days, that is fine also. Because I am sure they will come try the server in a few days, again. And in doing so they will find actually all the issues have been resolved.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Suiciding fixes the issue. So...if your primary does not gib, just suicide for now.

I did say "no offense" to the person who made it. I'm sure there is a group of people out there who like this type of gameplay. When I play with an instagib gun, I expect it to be "insta"nt kill. Maybe its just a bug, but are all the primary fire shots supposed to bounce? Please tell me this is just a bug.

It's a bug. If you read the full thread you would know that the bug has been acknowledge.

ComboGib is not standard UT play. So it's not easy to make. Instagib comes built into UT so it's pretty easy. Basically the ComboGib rifle has to be hacked (serverside) to give the damage to gib a player. However, the new hack around newnet (due to it's nature) makes it quite difficult. Nevertheless, it will be resolved. Patience is appreciated

tbh most of the people i see that complain are the ones with low pings, or ones that shot combos in random places 5 miles from someone and not getting kills like before in the zp mod, all you have to do now is actually position/aim the combos now to kill instead of spamming them like the old mod.

This mod is fantastic compared to the zp one, even with the bug more hits register compared to the zp one.

After FULLY reading the thread and seeing that the combo radius has been reduced and secondary ball damage removed, I hopped in for a game and found it much more playable & predictable than before (though still with some instances of my primary fire not having any effect - dying did seem to solve this). You might want to do a PSA about this as people in the server are flipping the fuck out about why combo/ball spam isn't doing anything, lol.

Thread Information