Weird server crash?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weird server crash?

Today I was playing DoA arena and server crashed, its not really a crash but server goes offline along with other servers except insta UK, then few minutes later server comes back up, same map, same score but teams are getting fucked. This happen last week as well but on blackriver3 and not sure if it happens anymore then that..

it happened last week or so on bluevember called blaze te restart server he said he did but was till on bluevember after a few min we could get back in with diff teams map got ended in less then 15 min everyone could take free nukes and such. sad, a good game getting destroyed this way...

Network outages, the only way to figure out what's going on is to play with WinMTR running on the background.
    Meh, not necessarily play...
    @SAM can leave it running lol.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

This has been happening for a month or two on another UT server where I play with friends on the weekends. Gameservers in Chicago hosting. Gameservers said Chicago was having network issues. I suppose fragnet and gameservers share some resorces other than the internet in general...?

We are hosted on VA so its unlikely that it's related. What time does this usually happen?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    We are hosted on VA so its unlikely that it's related. What time does this usually happen?
    When i made the post it happen like 5 min before that, and when I have been playing blackriver it happen around 6-7 pm my time.

Never happen earlier or later then that for me, but I dont know for others.

There are no network outages at the DC so next time it happens please run an MTR. Otherwise it is impossible to pinpoint where the problem might be.

My (dev) server from Fragnet been having some weird technical issue which end up in the network department.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I assumed this was maintenance as all servers would go down at once as Fleece said, So I never thought about mentioning it.

Usually happens in the evening (UK GMT), sometimes it has been down up to 30 minutes.

It's sounding like a network outage. If you can give me a time when this usually happens I can leave MTR running.

Thread Information