|uk| public servers (uk and us) - Page 7

User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    The US server still doesnt feel right the way it was before was better or atleast changing the tickrate or w/e something isnt right ever since it was changed TEAM balancer needs to be thrown back on it teams are so lopsided everytime I play its not even funny. 17-3 11-0 15-0 games is pretty redundant

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

@TimTim

Can we get a version ASAP that works with bouncers please? Coret amongst others seem to be broken.

Coret must have atypical bouncers. I'll try to fix it by this weekend.

Shit I am about to make my own version of zp & newnet most likely would run better.

I just restarted the US pub with the majority of the old configuration. The only differences now are a few disabled actors that I suspect were lagging the server and a new version of newnet with the following fixes:

- Fixed spawns for maps with little to no zoning; it turns out the spawning algorithm depends on portals to function properly, so when I replaced all the portals with newnet (0 ping) portals and destroyed the originals, you ended up spawning in the same spot almost every time on certain maps; fixed this by removing the collision from the portals instead of removing them completely
    - Fixed boosters that kill velocity (like the ones on CTF-Coret-3on3)
    - Fixed SWJumpPad and maybe FurryKicker; the SWJumpPad actually extended the Teleporter (portals) which is why they were replaced with newnet portals, but now I only replace portals of specific c1ass names (Teleporter and VisibleTeleporter); now when a player hits an SWJumpPad the movement reverts back to the original netcode for a short period of time to allow the SWJumpPad to work correctly (so high pingers will experience some screen tearing as they would have before newnet); I did the same for the atypical kickers, which should work for FurryKickers (though untested) and I attempted to add the FurryKicker's ToggleTime to the amount of time newnet movement is temporarily disabled
    - Server can now force the hitsound/teamhitsound, but advanced users can force their own on top of that if they want by setting bDisableForceHitSounds=True in their User.ini

Server felt good even with 4-20%packet loss(my end not the server)

A couple of quick updates (v0.7f):

- Fixed kickers not triggering the sound/etc. (e.g., duku steam); it broke with the last update when removing the kicker collision on the server
    - Added the "FavoritesTeleporter" to the list of portals to be replaced with newnet portals; wasn't aware of these types of portals as they reside in UnrealShare

US server runs pretty good at the time being

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

When I making a map do I have to use custom shit (portals, kickers, etc.), or would they be automatically replaced

Quote Originally Posted by NoReasonBoner View Post
    When I making a map do I have to use custom shit (portals, kickers, etc.), or would they be automatically replaced
    Everything is automatic. Just make maps as you normally would! It will feel almost exactly the same (or better!) on newnet servers as it does when you're testing the level as you build it. Little known fact: UT's original net code (or maybe just UTPure?) actually used to reverse the direction of certain portals from what mapmakers intended, but now it matches exactly and there's 0 warping/screen tearing no matter what your ping is.

Thread Information