User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When will there be a Mouse fix?

So there are days when my precision is great and days when its horrible. Why hasn't anyone come with a permanent fix. There are lists of approved mice and I have one the G400s and the G500s and have tried newer expensive gaming mice and I cannot get a good feel after numerous attempts and different settings. With all the newer games there are no precision issues, you plug in any mouse and you get good decent control of the player. In UT99 it is critical to have good control.

If I had good control all the time, its game over for the Top dogs!

If UT99 could detect eyes, I would be like an aimbot.

1. Use MarkC mousefix.
    2. Put Windows mouse sensitivity at 6/11 and make sure enhanced pointer precision is off.
    3. Use a low DPI (400 or 800) such that quick mouse movements from the center of your desktop don't cause your cursor to hit the edge of your desktop in Windows, because UT's mouse input depends on this and will cause negative acceleration (no precision ) in-game as it won't detect further movement until it "resets" the cursor to the center of your resolution.
    4. Use 500 Hz polling rate for your mouse.
    5. Use the MouseMovementRecorder included with the MarkC mousefix and verify that you have 1-to-1 mouse movement (no green or red).
    6. In UT, make sure direct input is on and mouse smoothing is off. You can only do this when you first start UT. Then you should restart UT and make sure it sticks. You should actually restart your PC entirely and double check that all of the above changes remain permanently.

Thanks Tim, will try this, its frustrating though some times smooth and other times crap precision though, that's my issue.

There are 2 settings to turn off if you want to disable the mouse smoothing/acceleration thing.

1) Disable Enhance Pointer Precision in windows control panel/mouse

2) Disable Mouse Smoothing in UT

When both are disabled, the aim is how you move your mouse, nothing else.

Those are disabled but I still have issues many times. Why doesn't someone simply make a little exe utility that you can run and change settings with?

Quote Originally Posted by Janssen View Post
    There are 2 settings to turn off if you want to disable the mouse smoothing/acceleration thing.

1) Disable Enhance Pointer Precision in windows control panel/mouse

2) Disable Mouse Smoothing in UT

When both are disabled, the aim is how you move your mouse, nothing else.

It will never be fixed. There isn't a solution that works for everyone. I used to be somewhat decent at the game but I just decided to stop trying and move on. I had a good 16 year run.

I have tried what Tim suggested and absolutely hated it, I tried countless times to adjust, but it just never felt right and never felt smooth and sharp.

Some days my aim (luck) can be shit hot, but other times I hit every inch of wall around a player instead. There is no fix sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Camper View Post
    It will never be fixed. There isn't a solution that works for everyone. I used to be somewhat decent at the game but I just decided to stop trying and move on. I had a good 16 year run.
    Nooo. Why did you move on. Come back. It's not that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    I have tried what Tim suggested and absolutely hated it, I tried countless times to adjust, but it just never felt right and never felt smooth and sharp.

Some days my aim (luck) can be shit hot, but other times I hit every inch of wall around a player instead. There is no fix sadly.
    Same here. But having said that. My eyes can't take so much going on at once anymore. Need to start exercising my eyes!

Thread Information