Yet another unwarranted ban - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    @kdawg232 If you're going to defend, do it in your base. Don't DM mid and chase people every time they pass you.
    whatever we say or show, admin/mod always bad, banned guy always true and unfairly kicked ( not licked @SAM) .
    End of story for me .
    Seeya
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 08-25-2015 at 04:20 AM.
    Blond's copyrighted

@kdawg232 If you're going to defend, do it in your base. Don't DM mid and chase people every time they pass you.
    This.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    whatever we say or show, admin/mod always bad, banned guy always true and unfairly licked .
    End of story for me .
    Seeya
    You can lick me. I won't say it was unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    ^ MFW

Last time I checked, if you stop them from even getting in your base, the less you'll have to defend when enemy actually has the flag. But that's just me...guess my strategy is different. Banned for strategy!! WOOOOT.

--- Updated ---

whatever we say or show, admin/mod always bad, banned guy always true and unfairly licked .
    End of story for me .
    Seeya
    Whatever you say blond. Rage banning is for winners!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-24-15a.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	2533

Boring because 3v2 and couldn't cap = banned. Cool!
    Last edited by kdawg232; 08-24-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    Last time I checked, if you stop them from even getting in your base, the less you'll have to defend when enemy actually has the flag. But that's just me...guess my strategy is different. Banned for strategy!! WOOOOT.

--- Updated ---

Whatever you say blond. Rage banning is for winners!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-24-15a.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	2533

Boring because 3v2 and couldn't cap = banned. Cool!
    The combination of this type of over-moderation and the nonstop shit talking that I got from random people when I was allowed to play is why I uninstalled the game. it got exhausting when i was expected to constantly grab or be labeled "dming" - a standard many others clearly didn't need to live up to.

all i saw in that video was kdawg playing o and dying as he approached the flag, then kdawg adjusted to middle for a while, and fell back when someone was about to grab. this is what good weapons players do. the IG mentality where you shake hands and wave when you pass opponents, deliberately allowing them to live when you could stop them from grabbing, is apparently the "proper" way to play, and i never understood that.

I remember when i first started playing on combogib, i had just come back from a 4-5 year hiatus, and it was a blast. The people playing back then were much more tough. There was a W00tabulous2 game (the one with no walls) that stuck out in particular where there was so much spawn killing and fragging going on that it was a struggle just to even get across middle. Even after dying 5 times in a row immediately after spawning, I never felt the urge to come hear to cry about it - IN fact, I was having a LOT of fun despite it all. We had strong players on our side too and the pressure would shift back and forth. I just did my best because i wanted to improve and be as good as the other players who were dominating.

I think if the server was moderated properly, you would ban the obvious cheaters, ban the people deliberately trying to be lame/spawnkilling (I've fallen into this category before, I admit), but banning people because of gameplay "etiquette" needs to stop happening. the game is old, and if you truly enforced this equally on everyone, a whole lot more people would be banned than there already are. Keep doing that and all you end up doing is making people quit.

this is a game where you KILL other people, it's supposed to be raw, dirty, and annoying. some people have amazing aim and you simply CANNOT beat them going toe to toe because they have a great mouse/ini/monitor/low sensitivity/ping/whatever other advantages there are. what you can do is adjust your positioning, and try to do what you can to counter them. Look at ROOKIE, he's a great example of someone who does this well.

TL;DR:

better rules: ban botters, exploiters, and maybe people who excessively spawn kill

if people want to sit in a corner all game and camp the flag, fuck it, let them

if people want to spam combos at a door all game, let them (people do this anyway)

if people want to play middle and fall back to d when the enemies are coming in, let them

IF you want to keep banning for these types of things, then keep them short, like 5-15 games. It's not such a huge deal that you need to lock someone out of the game for a week, is it??

My 2¢.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    This.

--- Updated ---

ROFL, my bad , typing with a phone That late isn t good . You have to Read Kicked not licked !!damn perv
    For all others drama lovers . It is Just a 250 match ban, i bet This thread Will be stay alive longer than ban period .
    And about my ban reason @kdawg, it wasn t due to a rage ban, it was really disappointing, i have to Say That i have always enjoyed past games with or against You . Trust me it makes me sad for a short moment, and also the way You talk to me . Just Hope it was due to angry .
    @Fader, You Just see Small part of the iceberg, trust me our admin team provide a fucking amount of stuffs to run servers, avoid cheaters, exploiters, nuisance . ..i Read so many complaints here and There but Never Read a Guy thanx for the work done ...easier to slap than give a kids...
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 08-25-2015 at 04:19 AM.
    Blond's copyrighted

Quote Originally Posted by Fader View Post

My 2¢.
    Well said. Definitely turns you off when this stuff happens. Verbal abuse or obvious cheating should be resorted to bans. Not because of performance. The community is so small already that it doesn't take much to kill this game if everyone gets sick of the way it's moderated.

--- Updated ---

For all others drama lovers . It is Just a 250 match ban, i bet This thread Will be stay alive longer than ban period .
    And about my ban reason @kdawg, it wasn t due to a rage ban, it was really disappointing, i have to Say That i have always enjoyed past games with or against You . Trust me it makes me sad for a short moment, and also the way You talk to me . Just Hope it was due to angry .
    @Fader, You Just see Small part of the iceberg, trust me our admin team provide a fucking amount of stuffs to run servers, avoid cheaters, exploiters, nuisance . ..i Read so many complaints here and There but Never Read a Guy thanx for the work done ...easier to slap than give a kids...
    I don't care about the length of suspension...I don't play often enough where I'll even notice the ban. The fact is, getting banned for playing Mid/D is what's stupid. To what Fader said, it's just a major turn off when you're taking people out who are playing the game to have fun. I don't cheat, I don't typically lame...but hey, if I want to lame here and there cuz I'm bored, so what? It's UT and I'm not hurting anyone. I think I've said enough on this matter....cya.

but hey, if I want to lame here and there cuz I'm bored, so what
    Not with me around ....
    I think I've said enough on this matter....cya
    this !!!
    Blond's copyrighted

Banned for strategy!!
    The problem with that particular strategy is that it's nearly impossible for the average player to discern the difference between what you were doing ("defending") and blatant DMing/chasing/laming. From everyone else's perspective, it looks like someone trolling mid and chasing to take a bunch of cheap shots from behind. When people see this, they start doing it, and everything can quickly spiral out of control. And believe it or not, I would actually personally prefer a free-for-all style of gameplay where everyone can just do whatever the hell they want, because I know I could handle it no problem. But I agree with and enforce the uK servers' rules because it keeps things fun and keeps players around. Contrary to what you might think, allowing people to do whatever they want will kill the server because 1) below average players don't stand a chance which leads to rage quitting and never coming back and 2) you end up with a shrinking playerbase of "elite" players who mostly shoot ~40% accuracy every map, and when you combine that with "defending" from any position on the map, the objective (capturing the flag) becomes nearly impossible and it becomes a miserable experience for everyone.

I hope that clears things up for you.
    Last edited by TimTim; 08-25-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Love your videos jst!

Ban was deserved.

Thread Information