Ban for no reason - Page 7

User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Ok, an update on this.

The reason why I thought I should ban settlement land - I don't condone the behaviour, nor do I agree with it. I don't agree with what Israel does as the aggressor, then calls a reaction terrorism. This isn't a politically, racially etc motivated issue. This is a personal decision I have taken. Somewhere along the line, every each individual has to question themselves in what they are doing. It might not be much, but if someone moves out onto agreed land, or goes to an internet cafe across the road that is on legitimate land, then that's one less person contributing to the settlement land economy.

People on settlement land can justify it by saying "I was born here" but from my point of view, I'm sure you see the division wall, the lack of opportunity to develop, the destruction that ensues, the slaughter and ethnic cleansing. Do you think if settlement land wasn't profitable that the government will continue to develop into them or continue to kill, invade and take land at will?

There are many sanctions on Israel across the world, this is my sanction. Withdrawing services to a country is our choice. That is a "beauty" of democracy.

Open your eyes people. Stop believing mainstream news and start seeking the truth. Jet fuel cannot melt steel, WTC 7 was not hit, but happened to collapse on it's own. Libya went from Africa’s Richest State Under Gaddafi, to Failed State After NATO Intervention. what happened to it's wealth? Iraq, Afghanistan etc didn't have nuclear warheads, it had oil. Peace is expensive for those who profit from war.

Finally: for anyone with some knowledge about Muslims, I leave you this, make up your own minds about who ISIS really is. Any real Muslim would get the way they pray, correct. We pray in straight lines, facing mecca. Not in squares. So please, seek knowledge people.

Attachment 2569

Side note: this girl's life must be absolutely terrible.

Attachment 2570
    I am trying to understand why you made the choices you have made and frankly, in a way, i do. But making choices like that, the responsibilities are equal as grave. Political choices are made on the highest level because they have the most impact, on an individual level its a personnal matter and have no impact on the situation, but, if i understand you correctly, you are trying to by banning people who live on the wrong side of town. And no, i dont think people living there will even remotely think to move for playing ut.

So, because its not racial, political etc motivated, i guess you're consequent in your judging opinions / behaviour and therefor you dont judge one thing and condone the other when they are equally severe and it's kinda a world matter too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	india_rape_protest-_h_2012.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	2571

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	india-rape-protest-AP324182.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	2572

Just FMI: would you ban all players from India too?
    Last edited by CCC; 09-23-2015 at 09:00 AM.

It's not as clear cut as just banning India. Is it? There's no way of clustering a group of people, similar to what settlement land is and is not. I already stated it was a personal matter / decision in my post. No, I don't think someone will be so desperate to play UT and relocate, solely for that reason. However, making it inconvenient as possible is the way to eventually force them out in the most peaceful manner.

I think collectively it has a big impact. Individually it does not, but I also already stated that. If I had a global oil factory or a distributor of some sort, I would refuse to trade with settlement land.

There are many websites, companies, factories etc that refuse to trade for the sole reason of what the government is doing. The governments will not sanction a trade embargo purely because they do support the cull of Muslims throughout the world. That is the bottom line.

Have a read. Open your eyes.
    It

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    I pay for these servers, I feel the exact same way sam does if you have a problem with it @chris[CB] then do something about it like get your own server and re-populate UT with your cheat/lame/justifying-free server

for bnext I can only apologise but it is what it is

lol @ these ppl saying unban... sometimes they forget like they think they own the server eh?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Motivation - that people leave settlement land. It won't be achieved through my own individual action. But collectively as a whole with all sanctions, I do believe it will be very effective, making it an inconvenient place to live. Israeli populous might not be directly responsible for stealing land and killing people refusing to leave. However, they choose to populate the areas without any said qualms and issues, don't they? So yes, they are responsible in some fashion.

As mentioned. I haven't banned the whole of Israel. Just settlement land. If you are from Israel, live within settlement boundaries then you won't be able to play. If you want to, you can go to an internet cafe, as inconvenient as that may be, think of the homeless people living in poverty or the people who refused to leave and tried to defend their property and died as a result? People don't live somewhere as a coincidence. It's generally a choice, isn't it.
    I understand your decision. if i'm against it or not, it doesn't matter.
    What matter is that you actually banned all of israel. I live in Ein vered which is outside the settlement boundaries.
    I really don't know how you locate a person home address by his IP - but maybe try a more accurate method.
    Thanks.

The IP bans are based on geographical location. It won't always be correct. Sometimes they may be reassigned to another country even. It does look awfully close to the 'buffer zone'

In your case, I will double check. Bump the post please.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    lol @ these ppl saying unban... sometimes they forget like they think they own the server eh?
    Holy shit you are an awful bandwagoning excuse for an admin/mod/cheerleader. We all know who runs the servers but that doesn't make this decision less stupid.

Any ban based on location is ridiculous, political ties to that area shouldn't be a factor in someone's permissions to play UT or not and we already realize that expecting people to move location in order to play is absurd. Keeping a few jews from playing UT is not making a bold statement it's just a dick move.

lol keep dreaming. you can use political toy somewhere else.

bump for sam

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Open your eyes people. Stop believing mainstream news and start seeking the truth. Jet fuel cannot melt steel, WTC 7 was not hit, but happened to collapse on it's own. Libya went from Africa’s Richest State Under Gaddafi, to Failed State After NATO Intervention. what happened to it's wealth? Iraq, Afghanistan etc didn't have nuclear warheads, it had oil. Peace is expensive for those who profit from war.

You'll believe any conspiracy theory you read on the internet, yet, everyone else needs to open their eyes? The irony is palpable.

Finally: for anyone with some knowledge about Muslims, I leave you this, make up your own minds about who ISIS really is. Any real Muslim would get the way they pray, correct. We pray in straight lines, facing mecca. Not in squares. So please, seek knowledge people.
    I'm sure ISIS doesn't consider you a real Muslim either. That's the "beauty" of religion, people just cherrypick the parts that suits their agenda.

MH370....well, I'm not being funny. They can track my cell phone to within a couple hundered meter radius and they manage to lose a plane? I served in the RAF for almost two years. Ironically, I was an comms and air tower installation and maintenance engineer. I know how it all works. Trust me. It's close to impossible, virtually impossible. Over the last decade, the impossibilities have been taking place, far too frequently to not raise eyebrows.
    There are people way more experienced and educated than you on these matters working their asses off to try to find out what happened. Just because you did maintenance on air towers doesn't mean that you can conclude anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    I pay for these servers, I feel the exact same way sam does if you have a problem with it @chris[CB] then do something about it like get your own server and re-populate UT
    The UT99 community is not healthy enough to successfully start a new server, so we're trying to do something about it here (with no luck, it seems.) So it seems we're stuck playing on servers run by conspiracy theorists and people with political agendas. A shame.

We need more wise, humble, and knowledgeable people like @seabass on this planet, that was beautifully put together I could of never said it better myself.

Last edited by Jerry; 09-23-2015 at 11:09 PM.

Thread Information