User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Updated first post.
    Before you whine, I'll just tell you that round mode has to be forced as it never loads by default.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Insta should be expensive, it's an awesome weapon. 3000 at least

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    can i ask who said mid powerups will be buildable?

they are called powerups for a reason.

Yea, none of them should be buildable.
    Dafuq is round mode?

Round mode differences:

All produced (and lost via deaths) RU is doubled.
    Round time limit is half the main time limit.
    Round count is = team count, with extra tiebreaker if necessary.
    Teams aren't eliminated in round mode, except on the tiebreaker (teams that aren't tied are out on the final round).
    When round ends, all cores are reset, builds destroyed and RU set to 0.
    There's a 10 second timeout to prepare for next round once a round ends.
    Upon new round, all players respawn, RU created again and mid is reset to 50% of it's initial timer.
    On overtime, cores go to 5% and can't be repaired to force a quick round end.

Basically, it's playing two faster paced games in a row where you can quickly correct past mistakes on the second (or third round).
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

i was just thinking about mid for a second after adrians reply, there should be MORE mid GUNS. Most of the guns that spawn on mid are well, kinda old now in my opinion. there should be like mutated guns that have the same models as the default ones. for example, a rocketlauncher thats like a ripper and bounces off the walls!!! or a nuke ( looks dif from the outside view AKA 3th person) that shoots out rockets really fast and makes like a tracer line of smoke behind it! idk lol

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Round mode differences:

All produced (and lost via deaths) RU is doubled.
    Round time limit is half the main time limit.
    Round count is = team count, with extra tiebreaker if necessary.
    Teams aren't eliminated in round mode, except on the tiebreaker (teams that aren't tied are out on the final round).
    When round ends, all cores are reset, builds destroyed and RU set to 0.
    There's a 10 second timeout to prepare for next round once a round ends.
    Upon new round, all players respawn, RU created again and mid is reset to 50% of it's initial timer.
    On overtime, cores go to 5% and can't be repaired to force a quick round end.

Basically, it's playing two faster paced games in a row where you can quickly correct past mistakes on the second (or third round).
    That sounds like MLSG style settings or PUG, nice idea.

The only other issue i can think of would be mid spawns, make sure they randomize more, some matches you get crap 10 times in a row and i have lost count on some maps that the first 5 or 6 items spawned are flame, make sure each spawn gets a count out of at least 3 before they can spawn again, maybe even cycle through from lowest spawn (smallest crystal maybe) then work their way up in an order and then randomize as by that time the map will be in full swing.

having flame after flame in a row when you have only just built SS wrecks the game.

either way, damn good job @Higor for doing version after version and only having small issues really, people hate change in mod upgrades and will always whine but i know as well as higor does that a lot of the changes/fixes made the players wont see or ever know about, just remember a developer fixes bugs in code as well as add new stuff, so dont think what you see is what has been done, doesnt work like that.

ps: back to mid, I thought of a weapon but might clash and get negative responses but oh well........... what about an EMP gun?, same style as flame but whatever it hits has the emp effect, you dont get anything from it RU wise, it can be used as a tactic weapon for teams working together, just a suggestion
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 01-15-2013 at 07:57 PM.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};49779]ps: back to mid, I thought of a weapon but might clash and get negative responses but oh well........... what about an EMP gun?, same style as flame but whatever it hits has the emp effect, you dont get anything from it RU wise, it can be used as a tactic weapon for teams working together, just a suggestion
    i was thinking about that to but to balance it out with the flame we call it freeze gun :P
    just like naliweapons if u shoot at players the players freeze but only for a few secs should be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Grimreaper View Post
    i was thinking about that to but to balance it out with the flame we call it freeze gun :P
    just like naliweapons if u shoot at players the players freeze but only for a few secs should be awesome
    yeah that FREEZE gun and the EMP gun are very smart ideas, but they cant be a fucken pulse rifle model ffs -.-. what about a ripper? or rocket launcher?!?!?! oh yeah, i got an idea for a gun! its right here---------> The Reverser!!! so you shoot it at a building and it does this wierd flare thing for about 5 seconds and if you dont repair it in time, it changes to youre color, well leech ffs. can be good to put youre enemy's buildings against them, and can be a good use on Niven whne they build at the friggin door.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    personally dont see any use of a spy suit as there is already a rubber suit that does everything a spy suit does..... so its pretty much just a rubber suit renamed
    Thing is, rubber suits are very prominent. Anyone who's wearing a rubber suit will be shot at by either team; the same team will only stop when it realizes that the wearer is in fact on their team. Spy suits are different - Your first instinct isn't to shoot your teammate, especially if they look like they're in the middle of defending.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    Though, I don't think it should be combinable with nukes. Maybe even disable the use of RC & mortar bombs while wearing it.
    It is indeed similar to the rubber suit but unlike the rubber suit no one suspects you to be the enemy.
    Cost: 1500?
    Spy suits, if implemented, should be very time-limited. Also, they should change the player skin if the opposing team has all identical skins.

I would put the cost at 1200 with no ability to stack it with a jetpack.

@Higor, excellent news on the horizon If I may, I'd like to suggest !leech/!tutorial options. !tutorial would toggle the display of descriptions/advice for buildings (when accessed via the constructor or highlighted with the crosshair), while !leech would place a vote for putting the game into leech mode, cancelling the round's effects on server stats.

Also, I like the Freeze Gun, but I still like Freeze Grenades better

Other suggestions:
    - Reduce the cost of the pulse rifle to 700
    - Reduce the cost of the Bio Bomb or remove it
    - Increase the cost of speed to 750
    Last edited by Scourge; 01-15-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Thread Information